God tier

>God tier
Austria, Ireland
>Top tier
France, America, Italy
>Good Tier
Spain, Portugal, Brazil, England
>Ok tier
Japan, Germany, Russia, Greece, Argentina, Poland, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Canada
>Bad tier
China, India, Africa, Australia, Korea, Finland

Attached: 1568727865205.png (500x533, 487K)

And these are ranks for...?

well it's a post on lit, so maybe about the literature of those countries?

Literature

if you can’t tell you don’t belong here

Ireland? Why Ireland?
I'd also argue that Japan, Russia and Norway are too low, while Hungary Brazil and Argentina are definitely too high.

You're nuts if you think Russian lit is just ok, or in the same tier as Canada.

England and Russia should be in the top category. Greece and Japan belong in good. Spain, Portugal and Brazil have no business being in the good category, move them to okay or even bad.

>Ireland in god tier
>t. mick

Attached: 9E501A0A-1454-4774-AFD4-BF107967380B.jpg (261x193, 6K)

Anglos are gonna seethe lmao

> Austria God Tier
I know I'm missing something here...

God:
>Ireland
>United States
>England
Demigod:
>France
>Russia
Untergod:
>Japan

As much as I hate to admit it France should always be at the top of these types of list, in its own category. No other country's output of quality literature comes close to matching theirs.

Are Anglo-Irish mongrels included in "Ireland"?

No, France should be alone in the top category. Under that should be England and Russia.

This

Austria might have the best degenerate expressionist speedfreaks, but I think we all know the Irish are just aliens planted here to study language viruses.

>God tier
>Austria
Name 5 good Austrian novels.

I agree. France is on another level.

The Man Without Qualities
The Death of Virgil
Correction
The Notebooks of MLB
The Radetzky March

They have consistent quality output but not a single giant on the level of Shakespeare, Dante, or Goethe. The closest I can think of is Ballsack for spearheading realism.

Fag has never read the pillow book. Jap lit is at least upper mid tier

Proust???

My high school teacher called the Piillow book Japanese Gossip Girl.

lol the Irish are claiming Anglo-Irish Britons as their own again, they never stop!

Racine, Moliere, Flaubert, Proust, Hugo, Stendhal. The only reason people don't think of France as having literary giants is because they have so many of them.

Nah

Joyce is easily the GOAT of the modernists

No depth in Ireland. I understand you love Joyce n all...

De Troyes. Rabelais. Racine. Mallarmé. Flaubert. Etc, etc.

Where is the Netherlands?

Spinoza is the most important writer of all time.

>Racine, Moliere, Flaubert, Proust, Hugo, Stendhal
None of these people are as profound or influential as the 3 I mentioned before. Who the fuck even reads Racine who's not a Frog?

But have you read it? Nice poetry from depressed jap hotties wondering about death and shit? Your teacher is a fag or a woman.

>Heaven tier
Afghanistan

first based post in thread

Wilde, Swift, Sterne, Yeats, Shaw

>God tier
>Ireland and Austria but not Italy and France
>Germany, Russia and Japan in ''ok tier''
You are either a contrarian or a mick.

Attached: image0.png (402x448, 135K)

Flaubert is. He is cruelly underrated on this website. Madame Bovary is the absolute pinacle of realism literature.
Racine doesn't work in translation, so yes it's normal only frogs read it. It's Shakespeare, less profound but better written.
Beaudelaire is probably the "french giant" worldwide, but indeed it's not Shakespeare or Dante. Goethe does not play on the same level.
Also sadly it's not translated but Les Deux Étendards BTFO religious literature.

>Beaudelaire is probably the "french giant" worldwide
A literal who to most people not into Yea Forums
>Goethe does not play on the same level
Absolute bullshit. Dude pretty much singlehandedly shaped the course of literature of the past 2 centuries.
>Madame Bovary is the absolute pinacle of realism literature.
And realism is mostly shite

I did put Japan on an upper tier. They're above every other country I didn't bother mentioning.

raymond roussel

Low effort post my dude. People not into lit never read a single line of shakespeare outside of school. Talk about giant.

We have never produced anything of value. His talents came from Portugal

But they all know Shakespeare, the sms can't be said about those frogs. Plus tge normies consume large quantities of mass media that is heavily influenced and inspired by Shakespeare.

>God tier
>not russia
user quickly kill yourself

You're deluding yourself spending too much time on Yea Forums.

>A literal who to most people not into Yea Forums
Wtf where do you live. Everyone knows who Baudelaire is here (I'm not french). The state of american education I guess

James Joyce, WB Yeats, George Bernard Shaw, Seamus Heany, Flann O' Brian, Patrick Kavanaugh, Oscar Wilde, Bram stoker, George William Russell, Samuel Becket, Brendan Behan etc etc etc...

Joyce Beckett Yeats in an country about the size of Pennsylvania.

Though for whatever reason the Irish are good at lit and poetry, but not at philosophy: why?

Attached: large.png (310x310, 10K)

based rousselposter.

post your list, nerd

Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about. Baudelaire is even known in Asia.

You don't get to make general statements about the lit of countries you don't speak the language of. No, shitty translations that capture about 10% of the original do not give you enough insight.

>You don't get to...
He just did, cunt.

>God tier
France, Ireland
>Top tier
Italy, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland
>Good tier
Switzerland, Romania, Belgium, Argentina, Mexico, Portugal
>OK tier
Spain, Francophone Caribbean
>Shit tier
America, UK, Japan, Russia, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Africa

t. monolingual

>>Shit tier
Now I see why you disagreed--bad taste

>Austria
Very little worth reading. Weininger, Schnitzler, Zweig, Bernhard...mostly minor writers and platitudes
>Ireland
Swift, Sterne, Goldsmith, Beckett, Yeats, Berkeley, Stoker, Shaw were anglo protestants. So was Lord Dunsany. That leaves them with Joyce, the two Moores, Mangan, AE, Wilde, and Banville. Not bad, but not best tier imo
>France
High tier
>Italy
Dont know enough, Dante and d'Annunzio are enought to make them high tier
>America
Underrated due to Europoor anger, but Idk if it'd be high tier. Melville, James, Hawthorne, Salinger, are great. So are Emerson and Hemingway and Fitzgerald. Produces some great writers but suffers from a lack of strong literary culture.

UK is best tier, and even was worshiped as it is its still underrated. You'll be reading some obscure, never assigned text and discover a masterpiece. Who ever reads de Quincey's last papers or Southey's Life of Nelson? Or Browne's Urn Burial? Or the border ballads?

>Germany above Russia
what delusion is this

>Austria
Musil, Broch, Rilke, Kraus, Roth, Trakl, Wittgenstein, Jelinek, Handke, Hofmannsthal, Bachmann
>anglo protestants
retard
>Italy
Leopardi, Boccaccio, Eco, Calvino, Pavese, Svevo, Moravia, Buzzati
>America
Gaddis, Gass, Faulkner, Dickinson, Dos Passos, Whitman, Nabokov, Bellow, Hawthorne, Updike

Is this the thread where the scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with bunch of authors nobody has ever heard so we can show how patrician we are for picking contrarian choice?

Because in that case I choose... hmm let's go with Albania. Don't even reply to me, I got the wikipedia article ready.

There is not one obscure author in this thread

>Musil, Broch, Rilke, Kraus, Roth, Trakl, Wittgenstein, Jelinek, Handke, Hofmannsthal, Bachmann
minor writers
>retard
cope boy

Most of the writers under Italy and America are minor writers

No they aren't

canada is bad tier

We have Leacock. Anything else written by a Canadian worth reading?

Munro
Mcluhan

What do you mean to imply with this? That the Gaelic family of languages is secretly an alien language virus?

I don't have the literary knowledge to make an accurate list but I know enough to say England, Russia, Japan and France should all be at least in the top two tiers and Canada should be in dog shit tier. I know you want to be a special snowflake pseud with special unique tastes, but come on.

t. Canadian.

Ignore the replies, Munro and Service

Didn't know baseball was popular over there

Not him but you just sound shallow. I'll think I'll pass

>Service
Who or what is Service?

Robert Service

Thanks. Are any of his novels worth checking out?

Hello xD Russian books is God lit , coz Russian is the best lang for lit (multiple thinking ,ultra wide range of words, every word isnt random)

Finland should be god tier just on the basis of its language. Every other language is shit tier compared to it

Lul u really think Rus suck at lit

Mein Kampf :DDD

>Germany
>Italy

>Not rating Reve, Couperus, and Nescio

Underrated
t. Honkbalneger

..and they are all shit compared to Shakespeare. Boring classical windbags. Frogs btfo again

food

go back to r/books

>top tier
>America
>food rankings

>Australia
>Bad tier

Attached: pain.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Any mention of Brazil automatically means the poster is Brazilian. Irrelevance is the natural state of Brazil.