Whats the worst shit Yea Forums memed you into reading?

whats the worst shit Yea Forums memed you into reading?
pic very related

Attached: 5187LPGYDQL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (324x499, 36K)

Nothing. I've liked everythhing that gentlemen here have rec'd. BM in particular was amazing.

wow. what a contribution to the thread. thanks for your two cents reddit.

simulacra and simulation was fcking trash

>arguing with my based trips
Go whine back to r*ddit with your shit opinions, faggot, who gives a shit if you don't like a book.

>and they rode on and they spat and they and ate tortillas and they killed mexicans and scalped babies and it was dusty and they rode around and and the judge was edgy
nobel prize here I come suck my dick redditor.

>and the book had subject matter
wow deep crit

Keep going, i kinda like your version of this

why has this book two titles? was "Blood Meridian" the publisher's choice and "the evening redness in the west" the author's favourite? (btw, meeming books is a meme, since all Yea Forums meme books have their merits. no exception.)

Nothing is more r*ddit than shitting on suggestions from 4ch*n.
Go read a series of books written by black lesbians with an ax to grind.

I don't listen to these niggers.

Blood meridian was amazing. Never read anything with such lucid imagery and nightmarish prose. My favourite book.

The Picture of Dorian Grey I didn't like very much, and I had to drop Catcher in the Rye after a few pages because the prose style was too obnoxious.

I'm working my way through the meme trilogy and I love it. One more chapter in GR. DFW in a month or two, I want to split them up.

It's just an alternate title, a number of books have them. Moby-Dick or The Whale, The Hobbit or There and Back Again (also: Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb). Could be what you said, could be the author liked both, or maybe he just wanted an "or" title.

American Psycho. used to be every other thread here back in the day.

it's garbage.

They mean the same thing. Man's peak being the very moment of his decline, the evening redness in the west being a metaphor for man's decline even at the height of his knowledge of his world, how his gaining knowledge of the world always means a confining and destroying of it, like the judge's notebook of perfect sketches, his cataloging of facts about the natural world that he folds under and kills, mm, yes

Kierkegaard’s fear and trembling

get out

>The Knight makes the great leap of faith! So gracefully through the air
>infinite resignation
I’m a Christian and this was one of the worst books I’ve ever read

You read it on a superficial level, you didn't understand it.

>I’m a Christian
not according to Kierkegaard you're not. nobody is.

right, lemme go back and study 300 pages of product lists and violent hallucinations until I "understand" it.

Sounds like his typical autistic mental gymnastics

>I’m a Christian
God bless!

confederacy of dunces

are you even a conscious person if you just like everything you're recommended?

i can see how the over the top violence would deter a reader but for me the character of the judge as well as the vivid descriptions. THIS SHIT on the other hand was pure garbage. other than that Yea Forums recs have treated me well.

Attached: capa_neuromancer_aleph_jsan_gonzalez.jpg (350x523, 78K)

Pale Fire isn't that good

All postmodernism is fucking trash

Cabin at the End of the World

I didn't like it the first time I read it but something in it intrigued me enough to give it another go and like any truly great comedy the humor immediately stood out more against the plot and I fully understood the genius of it all

Can someone recommend me a book mentioned in that thread with that atheist who mentioned "Absalom, Absalom!"? They said that there were better multi-perspective works and was wondering what they were/are? I'm interested in good version of that. Can anyone help?

based retards

because Corncob "tortilla" YeCarthy is a hack fraud

IJ will be a breather for you, it's an easy book. Haven't read Ulysses or GR but I had absolutely no trouble with it.

reddit loves blood meridian and memecarthy. He is on the top of r/books every week.

And? I'm supposed to not enjoy something because the opposite side in le epic website war likes it?

>le website war
Get out. You don't belong here redditor.

uh oh there's a subreddit called /r/Yea Forums; guess you were a redditor all along

Imagine bullying someone who actually enjoys quality literature on the literature board.

>blood meme
>quality literature
reddit pls

If anyone is a redditor here it's you. Imagine thinking, "look those guys we've deemed uncool like this book so you shouldn't like it", is a good argument. Basing your interests around what is acceptable according to the group you belong to and in opposition to the opposing group is NPC mentality 101.

Harold Bloom calls it the spiritual successor to Moby Dick, says McCarthy is the greatest living American author, even better than Pynchon

harold bloom is an american idiot and he was speaking ironically

Nick Land

>muh npc
>muh bullying
not him but fuck you cuck go back to your hugbox

Atomized. Well IT WAS a good read, but I'm not quite the same after I did it

Attached: download (1).jpg (178x131, 6K)

>he doesn't like Bloom
ah, smells a bit like reddit. perhaps the lady doth protest too much?

Blood Meridian's great

Attached: LoH.jpg (323x499, 20K)

I'm not the user who mentioned bullying

The Lathe of Heaven was alright. It felt like a twilight zone episode. Good but not great.

taipei by tao lin. fucking awful

Attached: asselerationism.jpg (300x400, 14K)

The only part I liked was the very beginning, the description of the ocean and jellyfish. Interesting premise but I hated the way it was written

did you finish it? It's dry for the first 100 pages or so and then it really picked up for me. I really enjoyed the ending.

Nothing.
I don't even read books.
I just browse Yea Forums to feel smart.