Yea Forums professions

What's the most Yea Forums profession in this degenerate world of ours that is not directly related to books, but complements the life of a writer/philosopher?

I'd like to be an architect or engineer, but realizing that even these are no longer aesthetic professions, and you're just wagecucking killed those jobs for me. Maybe if you have artistic talent one could become a sculptor. Otherwise librarian might be comfy, as you can read much more than with other jobs.

For greater goals there is becoming a guru/monk/spiritual teacher or a politician, although I myself have no aspirations of this sort, and I understand if others don't either, seeing how we live in massively overpopulated and rapidly degenerating world.

Attached: 06eb1d929c7178479cba5027d47342dc.jpg (457x600, 48K)

Patreon, but claim that you're disabled or trans.

unironically bartender

Attached: 2019_05_gerald_murnane.jpg (1279x800, 161K)

>Otherwise librarian might be comfy, as you can read much more than with other jobs.
Believe me, you're too busy doing other things to be able to read.

Why would I believe you

I’m entering architecture, I’ll just pretend it’s glory days where Architects were fucking amazing and not walking around like these fucking insufferable millennials who have no class or taste

Because I used to work in a library, duh.

I work at a library right now and I'd say 3/4th of the time I'm just reading. I take the evening shifts though.

I'm studying laws just because Kafka and Mishima did

Attached: 1568632594153.jpg (440x406, 72K)

I do manual labor. I have never been in better shape. /fitlit/

Hmm, I guess everywhere is different. Most of my duties were paperwork and mending books.

I do mostly counter service. If I were to take the morning shift though I'd have a lot more responsibilities and would have to rely mostly on listening to audio books. Some weeks ago I read a post by some user here who claims to work full time as a librarian and pretty much not work at all, having his own office and all. I guess that's the dream.

being a lawyer

I need four walls around meeeeeee
To hold my life, and keep me from slipping awaaayeeaaaay

This

I worked during the morning/day, yeah.
>I guess that's the dream.
Do you enjoy it? Are you going to become a librarian as a career?

What takes your time?
Unless you are a librarian from that movie series, well that would be cool.

Paperwork and mending books.

I'm not sure. I would like to do something that's actually fulfilling I guess, but maybe that is too much to ask.

Pringle’s canner

Accountant. Excel is a shit ton of fun.

Lighthouse keeper.

soldier

how do you have the time and energy to write? lawyering is a very demanding job. sounds like itd drain you.

sounds dope. i love the sea and solitude.

crayons are not lit

I could see that.

crayon eaters are based

Marines are not soldiers.

Hollywood Boulevard Spiderman.

I'm still studying. I try to organize my time to do everything. I end up very tired, but also knowing that I've done something important.

>thinking law is important
You're in for a rude awakening

coochie inspector

Unemployed, but pretend to be an architect.

Attached: 1457707201342.jpg (500x750, 114K)

Chemical process

> 34 replies
> Not a single mention of teaching
Fucking plebs

Any profession closely coupled with death.

Attached: leave.jpg (704x440, 81K)

best answer by far

Teaching in 2019 is severely cucked.

Every week when I see there is another big gray residential rectangle being erected where something with soul used to be, I die a little. We are killing our cities

based

Not if you do it overseas.

Is that a real picture? It always looked like he was wearing a graphic sweatshirt with an image of a cat on it, to me, so I assumed it was a photoshop. I'm only now realizing that it's a real cat he's holding.

This but officer rank

It really depends on where you do it and what you teach. Teaching English in Europe? Megacucked.

I'd say chef, making food into art. Or art into food, depending on the perspective. Somelier, too

ESL teacher in Sao Paulo, Tokyo, HK, etc. You make a living wage with flexible hours. You are treated with dignity by others (mid-status). Plenty of time to be Yea Forums and circulate most social circles freely.

Attached: Igolot-2.jpg (634x419, 64K)

90% of lawyers have severe problems finding regular work, they tend to have a lot of free time.

i ended up going with finance, but i always wondered about architecture. seemed really cool to me.

Eh, designing architecture is a lot different than people think, the reality is your at the bottom of the totem poll, you aren't an engineer so you don't know shit about material science or structural engineering, even if your a world famous architect those people who work for you still tell you "lol no".

Yea Forums fucking hates libraries and librarians. Library grandisement is the sign of a pseud. I saw it said best on here before, librarians are the jannies of acemdia. Worthless, retarded, and considering how little they are paid relative to surviving, they do it for free.

Also you'll be poor, like really poor, nobody will respect you and the future is looking really really bleak for architects.

Rude.

I work at a dog daycare. I had to start watching the giant dogs who fight constantly and it was hell, but after a few months, someone left and I was moved to watch the small dogs.
My job now consists of sitting in a beach chair, pacing while brainstorming, then sitting down to write (albeit on my phone) for six hours a day.
I need to break up an adorable shih-tzu hump every ten minutes or so, but otherwise it's perfect. Never need to deal with human beings and spend the day in my own world.