Well, was he right?

Well, was he right?

Attached: Marcus_Aurelius.jpg (1024x563, 66K)

No. Also fuck you OP.

He was a great man and a great leader. He wasn't "right". We just get to read his diary. He definitely stands above most men though

So mean

Does "right" even exist?

Well, was he left?

"Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
I send this quote to my friend who had urinary stone and that was my ending of relationship

epictetus was better, even seneca was better, aurelius is the most normie of the big three

I am half-way done reading Meditations, he has some good and truthful thoughts, but he talks too much for someone who claims to be a stoic. Perhaps it is just the translation that is a inaccurate, but even despite that Aurelius is too wholesome and positive, which in most cases seems forced to me, or it's just a result of him being emperor...

Wholesome and positive? He constantly reassures himself that at least death is the end of this crap

>he talks too much for someone who claims to be a stoic.
You know he never intended for meditations to be published right? It was his diary.

No, he was a sign of civilisational decadence. Decadence doesn't just mean fucking traps and dressing in fursuits you dumb poltard. I mean he represents the death of social energies and creativity. Totally unimpressive. A non-entity. Appeals to the most boring people.

Based Grug-poster

Attached: 1568071172181.png (887x462, 116K)

kek

>he talks too much in his personal journal

based

aurelius is for brainlet beta male pseuds who are also stupid fucking cocksucking faggot douchebags. stoicism is the douchiest philosophy

Stoic metaphysics as a system? No. Their ethics and logic are only enduring thing of worth.

>Dude, continuos productivity is the measure of how healthy a culture is
>even in a nation previous to capitalism
Dumb utilitarian poster

Retard

>NOOOO stoicism is TOXIC! you should embrace your emotions

Attached: 1567115767124.jpg (640x591, 96K)

>I mean he represents the death of social energies and creativity. Totally unimpressive. A non-entity. Appeals to the most boring people.
Hippie fucking shit.

stoicism is based, I've made mistakes and come to conclusions similar to those of later roman stoics
meditations isn't much if you sit down and blaze through it in a day, pace yourself, read a couple of parts and contemplate them
start your own journal, none of that ryan holiday shit, a simple notebook will do, and try not to fall for the "my diary desu trap"

how to engage with meditations - read a part, think "unironically what did he mean by this", copy passages that relate to you, write down your thoughts about them ("wow this is fucking cucked, and here's why - ..."), consider why a person would or should relate to them

Shouldn't this be done of all books?

>stoic mean no talk

Attached: 1557759334905.jpg (645x729, 88K)

Stoicism isn't even about suppressing emotion, it's about taking time to observe your emotions and impressions as they come and deciding which ones are profitable and which ones aren't worth your time.