Actually scary Yea Forums

Have you ever read a book that actually made you afraid? Chilled your bones and made you shiver and sweat all over and gave you goosebumps? I feel the written word is very rarely if at all actually able to instill fear. One of the only times I've felt dread when reading was the inferno, specially the passage in the final circle where Ugolino is eating the back of Ruggieri's head like a dog using its strong teeth to gnaw a bone

Attached: D09EDE3F-526E-434B-983A-F442B436F90C.jpg (750x933, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://writ101van.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/7/3/22735066/king_the_man_in_the_black_suit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjL542Y0dvkAhVqS98KHcBpCXAQFjARegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0kJyfJ7fJB0jqhUf7dmwMT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this you in the photo, show us panties and shut that fucking shit up bitch.

>Have you ever read a book that actually made you afraid?
Mostly philosophy

The Bible

Why did you use that picture?

Attached: reflect_be28784a-4082-4eca-b4e4-065789deb36a.jpg (750x933, 386K)

Elaborate, please
@13842512
fais l'amour

When I was about 14 I read pic related
There’s a story in it called “Ssoroghod's People” in which it is implied that without alien intervention human society, technology and space exploration would have stagnated, which appears to be happening in the real world
It spooked me hard at the time because I still then believed we were making efforts to explore the solar system

Attached: A4B83797-4063-44C7-B4E6-DBEFD47B7554.jpg (257x388, 16K)

Isn't it a terrifying realization that humans could expand and colonize space, but we never will because we're too consumed in our nations and wars and profits?

turn of the screw is good in this respect

Yes, the kiddie gangbang in IT when I was 11. It was so out of place that I thought that the creepy guy at the library gave me his perverted bootleg copy.

I haven't read the book, is that the part where the boys all run a train on Beverly in the sewers or is there a different rape/sex scene

The Bible
Oh wait, Based.

I was going to say Too.
What scares me is the thought of eternity, or eternal torture.

Yeah, the sewer gangbang with the losers. Book was fun until that point.

The Man in the Black Suit - Stephen King

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://writ101van.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/7/3/22735066/king_the_man_in_the_black_suit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjL542Y0dvkAhVqS98KHcBpCXAQFjARegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0kJyfJ7fJB0jqhUf7dmwMT

Attached: 9780590431972_mres.jpg (1200x680, 91K)

The description of hell from portrait of the artist as a young man

Honestly The Bible is pretty fucked up/frightening if you take it all seriously. The idea of Hell is just about the most demented concept mankind has come up with.

Inferno came to mind for me as well. I remember having to read it going into senior year of high school. It was late at night during the summer and I was reading the part where they came upon the traitors whose heads were encased in ice and heard what sounded distinctly like knuckles knocking violently at my bedroom window. Scared the shit out of me,

War and Pursuit of profit have always driven technological progress. From the very first Sumerian city states, hierarchy, organization, and technology have been interlinked. Pre agricultural societies are the most egalitarian in existence, more so then anything the Soviets could ever produce.

t.incel

This

Some of the Irish ghost stories like "The Brown Man" or the ones collected by Yeats. The Irish have a real gift for spooking halfwits LOL.

Some of Ray Bradbury's short stories like "The Burning Man" and "The Lonely One" from Dandelion Wine.

Also Adalbert Stifter's "Katzensilber" at the exact point when the mysterious girl says "Sture Mure ist tot, und der hohe Felsen ist tot" .

I had a very vivid and frighting dream after being reading most of Lovecraft.
Traped underground in the cyclopean remains of long forgotten cities shadowy creatures kept chasing me through the tunnels until I woke panicking when the caught me.
It was actual and primal fear but it was also pretty incredible when I realized what happened.

After reading which of his stories?