Help, Yea Forums

i have to write an essay about the greatest impact language has on an individual. But i cant fucking find an actual good impact language has on a person. I've looked everywhere and read some books with excerpts but my brain is dead. suggest me some ideas please.
Ive tried:
>the ability to communicate
but an "ability" isn't technically an
"impact"

Attached: 1563162034319s.jpg (125x91, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=17970
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally google your question and then add "Noam Chomsky" at the end

who tf is that and is he relevant?

>Noam Chomsky
wait holy shit you might be on to something

OP here, is this a good thesis?
>The greatest impact that language has on an individual is the ability to shape your world view.

ik i used "ability" here, but does it sound logical?

ask r/philosophy

im the noam chomsky guy, i think your thesis should be about how language proves that tabula rasa isn't real because of universal grammar

Learn how to bullshit here I'll start.

God created language therefore language is at the root of everything in existence just read the bible bro the end.

but user, that has nothing to do with impact, individuality nor is it great.

a-user do y-you want me t-to f-fail?

Attached: 1568221478044.png (894x773, 48K)

oh and i forgot to say you can talk about
how that shapes your worldview as an individual yeah. interestingly enough there's a tribe in africa that can't differentiate between the color green and blue. in their language, they have a word for the color that is green and blue which suggests how language has impacted them. you could talk about the difference in poetry between accentual languages and syllabic languages too

Who gives a fuck your professor is obviously mentally retarded. Language is a byproduct of evolutionary forces used to communicate. Language in and of itself has no impact on anything. It's like asking what impact the reactivity of chlorine has on sodium chloride.

languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=17970
forgot to add

noam chomsky guy here,
it appears that you're the mentally retarded one my friend. language has a massive impact on an individual and culture.

Look up the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis

Classify every behavior of non-human animals. Classify every behavior of humans. There you now know everything that language does the end. My point is it's not the subject of an essay it's more of a thesis paper.

op what did you think about this

OP here: I already stated my thesis to be frank, which is idk what tabula whatever is, but ill consider it for my own essay writings :)

i gave you a few examples on how language impacts your worldview and culture for your thesis though. like syllabic languages vs accentual languages for poetry and the color blue

the prompt was: "What is the greatest impact that language has on an individual?" i answered it with: "the ability to shape an individual's world view". Thanks for the suggestion about accentual/syllabic languages! Ill incoroprate that under another heading; i didnt see them at first glance

Attached: 8349058.png (496x478, 224K)

this is my outline so far

Attached: 1903345.png (973x742, 39K)

>dude just write a thesis about the topic I chose that you don't care about or believe in either way and bullshit some arguments and references to defend it
the absolute state of modern education, having grown past it even the mere thought of returning to it becomes painful

Language determines how and what you can think

Sorry, this is factually wrong. The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis has been categorically rejected. You need to pick a topic that actually has some basis in reality.