What is the best contemporary literature this region has to offer, Yea Forums?

What is the best contemporary literature this region has to offer, Yea Forums?

Attached: t43g35.png (2000x1614, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Georgia_(country)#Literary_and_other_written_works
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijani_literature
poetryintranslation.com/jgerenaialhostandguest.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Armenian girls are the hottest girls I've ever met.

KAZAKHSTAN NUMBER ONE

Attached: 443432432432.jpg (620x350, 58K)

so like Kim Kardashian?

Th-thank y-you user. I think you're h-hot too

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 956K)

I wasn't talking about you, tranny

Can anyone there even read?

It's an intellectual wasteland.
Northern Caucasus in particular is IQ80-landia. I am pretty sure they didn't know what writing was until late XIX century perhaps, barely 50 years after converting to Islam. Supposedly the proto-Chechens were a normal sedentary folk back in century XIII, under Alan suzerainity-protection and Georgian Orthodox influence. but Mongol and Nogay invasions genocided them on the plains so hard only inbred retards up in the mountain hideouts remained. Same with every other people in the northern mountains there. They didn't knew the outside world existed until the Russian Empire finally subdued the Nogays in early XIX century as a side objective while trying to trade with Georgia, so they could finally venture down to plains without getting buttraped by a gang of not-Mongols.

The Georgians had one shot at literature in their entire history, written in Middle Persian 800 years ago about an Indian prince and his adventures in Arabia. Everything but not Georgia, it seems.

The (Medieval) Armenians actually have had a literary culture, but much like the Modern Greeks nobody cares for their output now.

The Azeris are just Utians and Persians LARPing as Turks. They grow pekan nuts and make interesting pilaf, I guess, but literature is outside their interests.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Georgia_(country)#Literary_and_other_written_works

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_literature

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijani_literature

not hard huh

Seconded
She’s ugly inside and out. Plastic surgery ruins a pretty face
You an Armenian girl?

Read a book about the region called Ghosts of Freedom. Can’t recall the author mentioning any literature. The Color of Pomegranates is about famous poet Sayat Nova

>It's an intellectual wasteland
Christianity for ya.

>ebonics
so butters is a transexual nig?

>Christianity leads to lack to intellectual work
How does if feel being seething tipper?

>The Georgians had one shot at literature in their entire history, written in Middle Persian 800 years ago about an Indian prince and his adventures in Arabia. Everything but not Georgia, it seems.
You couldn't be more wrong, believe it or not but it was written in Georgian.

Stealing the Moon by Konstantine Gamsakhurdia

Arbi Mamakayev, Tarkosvky-approved

**I, Rust’haveli, have composed this work** by my art....
16 **This Persian tale, now done into Georgian**, has hitherto been like a pearl of great price cast in play from hand to hand.

You see, in the very beginning.

If I recall correctly, they were still collecting fragments and versions of the Nart-epic, one of the oldest epic-poems in existence.
(though my source is close to 20 years old)

Hi, glad you asked, I'm Georgian. This is not really contemporary, but late 19th to mid 20th century. I don't know if there are many translations, but I recommend anything written by Vazha-Pshavela, it is a completely different universe. Another good author is Konstantine Gamsakhurdia, his The Right Hand of the Grand Master is a great one. The last one is Goderdzi Chokheli, one of my favourite authors, but less known to the masses.

I might be biased but Georgian literature of the 19th and 20th centuries is very underrated both by Georgians and foreigners, because it is very unique, many authors incorporate elements of paganism (not in a larping fashion, but sincerely) and a system of thinking that might be foreign to the West.

No, it was written in Georgian, but the style is somewhat similar to the Persian style.

>>It's an intellectual wasteland
>Christianity for ya.
The place is litteraly 70% Islamic

Them too. Good enough point. All the major faiths, including Leninism.
But it is poverty of means and mind that drain decent art

Do you know if this stuff is available in English or Russian?

Hairy, brown, ugly.

Attached: poo corn.gif (500x500, 3.11M)

They’re often very curvaceous and quite lovely, really

Attached: 431C4B8D-B367-4C8D-BA3E-79290EA52021.jpg (1066x1600, 142K)

There are translations of his works, however quality of most translations isn't best and there aren't many available online. This one is very nice though. poetryintranslation.com/jgerenaialhostandguest.php

My wife is Circassian ... worth reading up on their history and exploitation in 19th century.

Op also check out the Nart Sagas. It’s their folk tale tradition and similar to the Kalevala.

What was the Hemingway story with the hot Armenian slut?