I want to be a litchad

Anons, i recently stumble across Yea Forums and particular this.
Notice many ppl here speaks of highly esoteric concept.
How to then be like you and what are the material i should start reading on to be as esoteric as Yea Forums litchad.
My mind is open.

>pic related is le me a normie who only reads facebook post and watch netflix and GOT

Attached: E0F65AF0-5F67-46F8-927A-8973D801B5B2.jpg (960x960, 172K)

Read Epicurus

Attached: epikur4.jpg (781x1024, 166K)

All of his works?
Can you draw a road map like those /sci anons fancy so much.
As to which books from dumb tier to actual Based-tier.

Obscure esoteric or mystical esoteric?

Attached: brraap.jpg (817x960, 148K)

Only few fragments of his original writings remain, most of what we know about him is from later ancient thinkers quoting him. So there isn't as much material to read as if you would read Plato for example.
So just go with a book that features most of his remaining work. I unfortunately can't recommend one in English, but be sure to choose one that features his practical philosophy. His epistemology is also interesting, but not as relevant for a new reader.

Reading Epicurus gives you a good insight on ancient thought and provokes you to examine your own life, goals and values, while also being quite easy to read.
It's a great start.

Attached: 00150_big.jpg (400x511, 25K)

I DONT KNOW THATS THE POINT.
Enlighten me !!!

Deactivate your Facebook account.

When you say 'esoteric' do you mean you want to get involved with pieces of literature that normies don't know about/haven't read, or connect with 'esoterica' and magical, spiritual stuff?

pieces normies dont know about and also possibly to expand my lit knowledge aside from fb. I find that over here many discuss philosophy but i cant seem to know whats the buzz about .

start with the greeks

Start with the Greeks

I don't get it

muscles relaxed(formerly contracted)

Philosophy is about starting with the Greeks. For lit I recommend 100 Years of Solitude, mostly because I'm reading it right now, but it's also well-regarded, esoteric, and written by the legendary non-white author which puts you in good standing with art hoes.

Whats the difference between the east and the west?
After the greeks should i then move to more contemporary like spinoza , kant etc.?

Bibble

Attached: bibble.jpg (330x412, 45K)

Eastern philosophy failed to develop in the same way as western philosophy. Perhaps the biggest problem with eastern philosophy (or at least Chinese philosophy) is that it was founded on a respect for the past and tradition, whereas western philosophy is founded on challenging tradition. Early eastern philosophy is interesting eg. the 100 schools, Buddhism, Hinduism, ect. but there isn't much more to read. For whatever reason, the Indians, Chinese, and to a lesser extent middle-easterners failed to develop significantly beyond their foundational texts. At least, that's th impression that i have gotten from my reading.

RLM didn't even understand Inherent Vice lol

Start with Plato to accustom your mind to metaphorical writing. Also, you will learn the importance of metaphysics and the search of objective truth; everything that does not fall in those categories it's false and deceiving.

Attached: Plato_by_Raphael.png (395x430, 332K)

Ok you start with the Greeks, see pic related. You will probably give up not even half way through

Attached: 1506960265202.jpg (3672x3024, 1.38M)

start with the Greeks, newfag

NO NO NO NO!

Epicurus was an atheistic egoist. You should start with Plato. Then Iliad and Odyssey, then Theogony, then pre-Socratics (at the very least Pythagoras, Heraclitus and Parmenides). Then Aristotle, you would do well to verse yourself also in the art of ancient Greece so the three famous play writes. Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides. You can somewhat read all of these simultaneously but at the very least Plato first, you'll create your own order as you go. Go where you wish from here, you should continue on your chronological reading so go to the Romans(many works but mainly the Stoics and Virgil) and the later Greeks like Plotinus. A man should verse himself in all things, religion, psychology, philosophy, occult, history, fitness, everything. You should develop a sound understanding of all of these things at the very least prior to actually delving into them. For example I new much about Kant's philosophy prior to I had read him in high school. Same guys with the other fields. Even though I was still reading the Greeks. Browse Yea Forums, the internet and you will build up this sound knowledge base if you have the intrigue.

I shall put it like this. There exists:

The personally ideological books: those that you read because of their fundamentality to your own conception of existence, identity and purpose. So for example reading Mein Kampf, For my Legionaries, the Bible or the Doctrine of Fascism. Even if you shall better understand them later on after a greater historicity of understanding, they cannot wait for that. They are your soul, and the music that you shall dance to through your life.

Impersonal Classics: Books that are of universally accepted value and historic importance such as the Prince, The Bible, Leviathan (Hobbes), Das Capital. Even if they have been shown to be wrong (most not) you must read these for a greater understanding of history as well as the broadening of your pwn consciousness. Even if they only act to negate your own current beliefs, they will at least serve to better defines those beliefs. But again, most retain great truths, it is only the occasional books such as Das Capital which are of the negating sort.

Chronological reading: The last and complete list of books encompassing both prior category's. The entire history of Western canon. From reading the Greeks as your basis, to the Romans, to the Theologians, to the German Idealists, to Heidegger, to Delueze, to Gadamer, to Jung, to Buddha, to Gilgamesh, to Gentile. The entirety. You may skip small sections for the sake of quickness that you may return to later but this will always be the underlying rhythm of your reading.

Ask me any questions about where to start with Plato, Aristotle, The Bible, Hinduism, pre-Socratics, German Idealists, Buddhism, Sturm und Drang, Phenomenology, Fascism, Medieval classics, Theology, Occult, Hermeticism, Kabbalah, Pythagoreanism, Arthurian legend, Anything.

I am here to teach.

Attached: Prometheus - Arno Breker.jpg (236x576, 19K)

That's because of the creations of the Indo-European genius, the East Asians have the boon of preservation of tradition over the European. Which enabled us to create the wonders of the world - though forget the good tradition and in later years become subverted in modernity whereas these East Asians progressed little from those original creations they retained the true richness of them all.

>Epicurus was an atheistic egoist
lol you have obviously never read him

>he thinks otherwise

> Mein Kampf, For my Legionaries, the Bible or the Doctrine of Fascism.
>They are your soul, and the music that you shall dance to through your life.
uh-oh

He explicitly stated multiple times how he believes in the Gods and how he views them. He viewed them as perfect beings we should all aspire to emulate, because they are always content and happy.
Also egoism my ass, the whole point of his philosophy was to help other people to live better lifes.
You would of course know that, if you had ever read Epicurus, which you have not.

>So for example reading Mein Kampf, For my Legionaries, the Bible or the Doctrine of Fascism. Even if you shall better understand them later on after a greater historicity of understanding, they cannot wait for that. They are your soul, and the music that you shall dance to through your life.
>arno breker statue
i doubt you have read even half of what you've posted, pseud.

Attached: 1565011176406.jpg (698x475, 61K)

So i work my way from plato’s work and also emphasise on the purely metaphysics is that the same saying as being a platonist?
I dont mind having tht world view , ive still lot to learn.

>this is what im lookin for.
Trust me i been following through with /sci list it takes me 1 year 3 months plus to finish two text but im autistically determine to be based af

>this is your mind on rosenberg
tell me more about the ancient aryans of atlantis dude.

Plato is great, but no a great start for someone who hasn't ever read philosophy nor other Greeks.
has a point, Epicurus is not that hard to read and can also be read without any other experience with philosophy.

> I want to know roughly greek Philosophy that would prime me for my interested lit work
> would want to get in as soon as possible to epistemological lit
> a dab bit on metaphysical but hugely onto as said above
> works such as Kant ,Hume, spinoza.
> as to what are good prime onto those lit mention above
> and what lit /philosophy really gets anal deep into concepts of infinity?

So prime me bois i aint going to flake out!

Attached: 77607226-0044-4913-AB3E-E32ADE9623B2.jpg (800x600, 108K)

Its too big/general but i know i cant cover all. Refer to my update below.
Ive narrow down much clearly my intentions. Still i would want to be as literate as possible on said greek philosophy and be based.

>What /pol/ wants people to look like after eugenics programs are integrated into our societies vs what people unfortunately might look like if not

>Phenomenology
>Occult
>Hermeticism
>Kabbalah
Where do you start with each of these?

I want give you my idea on how you should approach literature since most people are talking about philosophy. It sounds like literature is esoteric for you so I'm have a plan you could follow to familiarize yourself.

A good idea for reading literature would be to start reading short novels (novellas) from classic writers. maybe you should do a mix of stuff that sounds familiar like stuff that's taught in high schools to stuff you've never heard of but has a good reputation. After you read say 10-15 books (by different authors*) like that start diversifying by reading poetry and plays so you have experience with that. 5 plays and 5 books of poetry by separate authors should do. Sometime in your journey you should buy a couple of intimidating books (for whatever reason, length, subject matter or difficult style) so that you can look forward to trying to battle reading those. After the poetry and plays start reading books that are 300 pages or more. Eventually you should be primed to read books that are really long and "difficult".

I don't have the novella chart but I will post it if I find it or someone else will. If you don't know what to read try stuff by authors that are considered classics (you could look at penguin classics catalogue for reference) or any stuff that lit likes.

This is probably a baitpost. On the small chance that you are serious, you should realize that nobody on here is saying anything profound and they only hide their banal ideas behind a vague vocabulary. Saged.

I forgot to enter sage, oops. This post is saged, though.

where to start in buddhism?

Start by reading philosophers and the essential classics. Branch out into something you find interesting. Maybe traditionalism like Evola and Guenon and just keep going deeper. Don't read unless you want to be even more of a soulless bugman.

This. Once you learn the language people here speak you realize 95% of posters are reddit-tier except instead of adopting the epic bacon reddit culture they've adopted the edgy contrarianism Yea Forums culture. I only continue to come here so that I can sadpost without having vapid normies tell me "don't worry frienderoo, things will get better :^)"

Start reading English 101 you fucking idiot.