GOAT literary family?

GOAT literary family?

Attached: 1547507016206.png (590x350, 476K)

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Jane Eyre
Wuthering Heights

All from one family. Shame about the brother.

Not quite

Attached: jamesc.jpg (403x321, 39K)

not all were writers but still a very Yea Forums senpai

Attached: 1540551639031.png (1100x618, 354K)

Why does Henry James always have that thousand mile stare like he’s staring into my soul?

A childhood of facing William's 'I will end you' stare across the dinner table must have affected a sensitive boy like Henry

Attached: william-james-9352726-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 176K)

Is the diary of Alice James really worth reading or are people overrating her for being "le hidden James" or something?

I haven't read it yet but is the forsyte family any good? Have any anons read it?

Genetic dead ends who all croaked before middle age

Based creepy bro painting himself in the background but then changing his mind and making it look like a spirit

Attached: C35C502D-2908-4B84-8970-BB514B329028.jpg (1280x1551, 404K)

mine (single child orphan)

they do look a bit special but that's just their facial aesthetics

Isn’t dying before you see 40 the most Yea Forums way to live though?

[If I had to be emotional?: The Lamberts, hand down. I am, of course, an unholy FMA:B episode abomination between Chip and Denise. But striking for Gurney Halleck true? The drifter family in Suttree. Like, they are America. McCarthy has this way of portraying what is the raw archetype of a hiearchy. No titles. Like the Glanton Gang. There was Glanton, his leftenant, the Judge and everyone else [- with the Judge being more like that Cicada SCP thing, Kousin Jawnny. ] what we see instead is the roles played out. The daughters striate the shells and the sons collect the invertebrates for the harvest. But if the sons are harmed, it is okay for the daughter to leave, yet McCarthy chooses to show us why the Paternalais should have watched the fuck out cuz Suttree gon fuk yo baby girl, doc. So, we see a tight knit family who, despite abject poverty, does their best to honor their GxD and, while flawed in immense ways- yes, the Pater sins to excess, even me and my decadent ways admits he forsakes a decent family who suffers in hardship due to his greed and lust and,, the hubris he possesses in thinking that his weak knowledge of pearl quality will procure them enough for both true needs and lascivious wants. Anyway, the Pearl Family of Suttree. Also, Suttree is underrated. Obvs.]

Attached: 15688162438852264912828171292396.jpg (3264x1836, 1.62M)

Imagine being so radically eclipsed intellectually by your brother like that. The virgin novelist versus the chad pioneering scientist/philosopher/physician

The Huxley family

[- ugh, I swear I had a point.

We see a true nuclear family unit. It is functioning though broke and somewhat poor of spirit. They are macabre survivors. They survive. And we root for them. Tell me you did not root dor Suttree's romance with the Pearl Girl most.of all? I did. It looked like a chance for them. Or at least a relief from the misery of their suffering. They could not share all the specifics- who could?- but enough came out in romance-novel-esque fashion to feel; perhaps not redemption, as Suttree is irredeemable by his own definition, but does devils not deserve days off? ]

Attached: 15688165178681466687209952066785.jpg (3264x1836, 1.62M)

Imagine the family get togethers. William comes in with his wife and five kids.
>so Henry, when are you going to meet a nice girl?

Will was arguably the better writer too, he was capable of quite the turn of phrase. He just couldn't structure it into a narrative format.

[But what about the tragedy? That rockslide. The unexpected. Reverse ex machina? Is there a fancy term for it? What was it all for? Suttree is blessed by a lucky star. The seventh son of a seventh son. He is treated to decadence and excess to such proportions that equivalent exchange opens its eyes and must punish him for his oppulence and fortune by literally CRUSHING HIS FUCKING DREAMS. And what does the mother cry out? This woman, this strong, roughneck, god-fearin woman, even in the moment of absolute misery. Misery unlike anything we might ever experience, boys and sexi3r boys. This is pain. Fucking wounds fucking. What was the point of this family? McCarthy created them simply so Suttree could get laid, loaded and laced up? Why enact such suffering on the down and out? McCarthy has gone all deathnote in his demiurge duties and perhaps shows us the reality of taking a life, even on the page. In my opinion, this subtle nod at erasure as death-for-toons proxy works deeper on a lady like me than the heavy handed Preacher from Carnivale cackle of the Judge in Bloor Meridian- though, of course the Judge is bae and if they ever do cast the hexed sacrilege of Blood Meridian & Netflix Present: James Franco, they better at least cast Preacher Justin as Judge Holden. Go watch Season One of Carnivale. Just enough to see that guys acting chops and demeanor. He is a big dude and him with a bald head and painted white? Coming out at you in an outhouse on your 3D tv? Go ahead, get that amazingn3ss out of your head.]

Attached: 15688167857035829070053018068754.jpg (3264x1836, 1.66M)

Don't think he quite had the artistic temperament, he was a proper academic intellectual.
Potential for a short novel about their relationship; louche, homosexual Europhile artist clashing with the strict Harvard professor with the large family

Mann

both of the brothers are based as fuck

It's depressive like most of what I read

He studied as a painter before he went to medical school and he was obviously fascinated with literature and he was a sentimentalist aesthete through and through in his views of the fruits of life