What's the deal with this guy? He just looks like some typical Spic. But he writes like a fucking angel or something

What's the deal with this guy? He just looks like some typical Spic. But he writes like a fucking angel or something.

Attached: ggm.jpg (427x640, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Massacre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people with that kind of physiognomy should not be good at writing

Couldn't agree more.

He has a kind face.

Don't just a spic by its cover

That's interesting because he ruins a burrito truck in my city

it's because his balls are huge

Which one should it be, handsome ernest hemingway or fugly like kant. Or is it race based whst you mean negro

>physiognomy
retarded pseudo science

This

There's no art
To find the mind's construction in the face

He looks like your average uncle here in Brazil. The ones that in family parties are constantly drunk, as close as possible to the person making churrasco, with their belly out making awful but amusing jokes, spouting problematic opinions that will leave the leftists of the family seething with rage and will be the first person to fall asleep in your couch due to alcohol.

>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO WRITE WELL, SPICS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Y

Attached: 42323.jpg (206x244, 10K)

Lads, what should one read after the usual stuff like 100 years of solitude and Love in the time of Cholera? I've also read Nobody writes to the Colonel and Death Foretold. Where do i go next?

The General in His Labyrinth and Autumn of the Patriarch.

Danke

Heh

In Evil Hour is quite good. It precludes his bigger work, 100 years, and provides a lot of insight into artistry (not only his, but in general).

Thank You, user.

May I recommend you The Invention of Morel if you haven't read it already. It's not Marquez but i recently read it and it was fucking brilliant...a sort of precursor to magical realism.

I thought it was closer to sci-fi/fantasy, I didn't see any real thing in it.

It's not his ethnicity, it's just that he looks like he should be a bus driver or something

Most writers are average-looking, hell, most great men and women are average, so I don't see the problem. Don't let lookism pervert your judgment.

Attached: 3828328332894.jpg (1600x1280, 145K)

I don't know what you're talking about, I only read authors if I like their physiognomy

You're not going to fuck them, faggot. Jesus Christ. I bet you don't like Shakespeare either because muh baldness.

I didn't say they had to be good looking. Shakespeare has god-like physiognomy, a sexy mischievous god.

Most writers are ugly as shit. You're just letting the corporate-editorial complex dictate your aesthetic values.

I'm not basing it on being "good looking". I like Houellebecq for example

I bet you're a woman. Only a woman or a faggot could say this nonsense.

Again, it has nothing to do with attractiveness.

Your daddy issues are leaking.

But it actually has everything to do with what you find attractive, so yes, it does.

Why do you care so much about how I judge authors? You seem very upset about it. I had a very good relationship with my dad

No it doesn't. No one finds Houellebecq attractive, and I could name many other authors who are ugly but who have physiognomies I like

I don't really care but it has nothing to do with what Literature actually is or should be judged.

CIA psyop, literally.

cope

???

>IT MUST BE THE CIA, SPICS CANT BE GOOD WRITERS REEEEEEEEE
literally /pol/ tier

>pollock is a good painter

Pollock was American and meant to promote Americanness. García Márquez was popular and considered good way before his work even touched Burger lands. Even Borges praised the guy.

Uhm, I think Borges, Cortazar, Puig, Saramago, and Bolanos are all good, and they’d all count as “spics.” Magical Realism is a well-documented counter-revolutionary aesthetic, hence why Morrison also ran with it and received acclaim on this side of the equator. I think the Death of the General Foretold by 100 Years is a fucking meme of a book, and the technique is drastically underwhelming. But hey whatever you want to project user.

Nah. Also Borges was a literal fascist, probs not the guy you want to invoke in a discussion about global political discourse.

Saramago is Portuguese, retard.
No, but he was the right guy to talk about LITERATURE, which is what we're discussing.

>What's the deal with this guy? He just looks like some teddy bear you would like to hug. But he wrote the best french novel or something.

Attached: dumas.jpg (300x369, 25K)

>Borges
>they’d all count as “spics.”
Borges was literally 100% European Spanish.

That's some quality physiognomy. Looks cheeky as fuck, intelligent, absolute lad

Actually I think he's like 11% English but still 100% European.

Nah, he was Portuguese and English and Spanish, etc. He was a mutt. But "spic" means people from Latin America, regardless of race.

that explain his unbearable ego, and his false humility. Who cares about incels tho.

Yeah no shit he’s Portuguese. I’m playing along with your spic comment, which certaintly encompasses any non-English brown dude, at least if common usage stands. But that’s okay you totally weasled your way out of your earlier bombastic comment about me being a poltard because I have taste that rules out Gabo. Nice one user. +1 for you.

Yeah no shit bud, but you’re still not understanding the scope of the claim that Gabo’s popularity is largely influenced by CIA counterinsurgency efforts to quell political unrest throughout SA. Of course Borges would praise him; he is just as susceptible to psyop as any other retard, hence why I mention the weakness of his political leanings. Just because he holds soms good opinions about literature does not mean he has authority over all literature. Keep pulling at straws though user. 100 years is still a trash book and your favorite author would’ve faded into obscurity had not the US pulled certain strings.

both of you are retards

You just really think poking at specificity is gonna save you when you’re the one who made the initial pejorative claim. Weak tea bud.

>CIA counterinsurgency

lmao this retard.

Attached: gabofidel.jpg (597x333, 55K)

>he met infidel
oh wow nice counterstrike you got there user. how will i ever recover.

He looks like an elementary school janitor lmao

>met

more like they were close friends. Even Gabo was forbidden to go into USA because "muh evil comunists".

>which certaintly encompasses any non-English brown dude
It actually means every a person from Latin America (allegedly because of their pronounciation of the word "speak"). Your retarded definition would include Iranians, Pakistanis, Indians, etc.
> Just because he holds soms good opinions about literature does not mean he has authority over all literature.
No, but he was a better reader and all of us put together. When he says something he knows what the fuck he's talking about. You may disagree or agree but he's a kind of authority in Literature. Doesn't make him right or wrong, but he is an authority.
>100 years is still a trash book and your favorite author would’ve faded into obscurity had not the US pulled certain strings.
No, it'd still be popular all across Latin America. Burgerland is not the center of the Universe. The fact that a book is good doesn't mean it's because the CIA. Is Bolaño also a result of the CIA? No, he's the result of marketing and publishers doing their job. There's literally not a reason why the CIA would "quell political unrest throughout SA" with a fucking book. Coups d'état? Sure, not a fucking fairy tale. Get real, faggot.

I dont even know how to begin to express on how many levels this doesnt matter. The fact that you think it does is embarassing user.

Are you that one faggot from like months ago who was convinced Borges was God’s gift to SA and self-righteously cited how many languages he spoke, but still got BTFO consistantly? How’s high school? God Borges posters are the worst. Easily the worst permutation of the Nabokov effect.

I don't remember such discussion, so no.

how a book that remembers this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Massacre

is counterinsurgency?

who cares, you didn't even read it tho.

Well, kys too faggot. You’re a subhuman level thinker, just like your favorite authors, all of which don’t hold a candle to literaly any other tradition from any other hemisphere conceivable. Enjoy your CIA sponsered literature, weak-minded faggot.

never go full retard

cope

You niggers are retarded or deeply naive.

Go fuck yourself

Kill yourself faggot

>history is retarded and naive
Are you one of those "Capitalism RULES dude, Murica never does anything wrong #MAGA" faggots? These people literally killed hundreds of workers. Is it so hard to believe? There are much worse massacres.

What are you talking about faggot? The range of your assumptions is deeply revealing user.

>What are you talking about?
The Banana Massacre.

Yeah no shit.

spoken like a true copelord

retorted by a true faggot

Swedish writer Stig Larsson said he didn't like him cause he's too fat. I think that's as good a reason as any to dismiss him

So I presume you see the event as being a communist hoax or something like some faggots who think the Jewish Holocaust was a lie? I don't understand your position. The novel merely tells a bit of the Massacre, anyway. It is not the central point and the story is not way a "psyop" to quell chaos and political turmoil in South America. It's a fucking fairy tale.

>Stig Larsson
literally who

a lego toy, or some ikea product. lmao.

wtf are you even saying

Agreed, but it was much better than any science "fiction" i've ever read. It had so much too offer. Shame you didn't like it.

I did like it, but so-called magical realism has to be based on a real event or something, innit?

I have no idea what counts as magical realism (it feels more real than magic to me) and i really don't care about the definitions. I go by my gut feeling while reading. If i feel like being cut by a razor then it's Borges and pre-magic, but if i feel like kissing my own cousin with my tongue while sipping coconuts and watching the crabs dance the Mazurka in the sand going Olé, then it's magical realism. By that i mean - love constructs weird feelings in your brain. Some shit like that etc....i dunno. Couldn't care less.

is like when you get that feeling for instance when you read kafka's trial. You think is crazy but you know real bureocracy is like that.

fair enough lad

It's not about ugliness. Nabokov was ugly, but he looked patrician. David Baldacci is handsome, but he looks like some random tv executive.

>Nabokov was ugly, but he looked patrician.
He literally had royal blood.