When did you grow out of Traditionalism?

>2017
>wanna start reading books
>Start with Evola and Guenon cuz the /pol/ meme
>mind is blown, think I just read the wokest shit ever written
>go back and slog through everything from the greeks to contemporary philosophy
>re-read Evola
>realize it was just intellectualized new-age bullshit from the beginning
>realize all ideology is nonsense
>realize the only ideology that matters is pragmatism
Who else has grown out of the Traditionalism meme?

Attached: Dahyun3.jpg (1000x1500, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xBU5dyv-Tjo
youtu.be/WIKqgE4BwAY
youtube.com/watch?v=J8LxORztUWY
knowyourmeme.com/memes/dude-weed-lmao
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVuE-ZBMD1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holy shit. I also escaped from trad to based pragmatism. I didn’t start with the traditionalists though that’s kind of dumb. pragmatism is the endgame of philosophy

When did you grow out of kpop?
>2017
>wanna start listening to music
>Start with Twice cuz the Yea Forums meme
>mind is blown, think I just heard the cutest shit ever
>go back and slog through everything from the medieval to contemporary modernist
>re-listen to kpop
>realize it was just soulles capitalist bullshit from the beginning
>realize all gooks are made of plastic
>realize the only music that matters is classical
Who else has grown out of the kpop meme?

Can you tell me about pragmatic politics?

for me, it was marxism to pragmatism. no difference between marxism and traditionalism though; they are mirrors of each other, one fighting for and one against a false image of history

I really really like this picture.

japs are human beings and have a soul. it’s really just koreans and chinese that are soulless, the rest are fine (e.g. mongolians, se asians etc)

>american 'philosophy'

Attached: 1568731816418.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Rude.

pragmatism is kind of a meta philosophy. so it can be fascist one day and marxist the next. whatever works in a given circumstance

are you chinese/korean?
nietzsche was a pragmatist even if he didn’t call himself one

Nietzsche was a retarded contrarian who believed his own lies.

When I found Melt Banana
youtu.be/xBU5dyv-Tjo

This is a fallacy, classical and kpop are compatible as Dubu is a pianist

Attached: twicetrad.jpg (810x1200, 200K)

very sophisticated take, user. be sure to mention what philosophy you subscribe to so we can all laugh at you

Everyone in the kpop industry is barely a human.

>violent shifts from fascism to marxism on a daily basis
>pragmatic

Korean.

obviously that’s hyperbolic. the point is that you are unrestricted.

>wahhh capitalism plastic surgery gooks
shut up and watch the asian girls dance faggot

Attached: momo2.jpg (1000x1500, 153K)

>taking up a philosophy
>not developing your own
ape

I like Kpop only as a perfect example of unrestrained capitalism. Whereas the music industry in the West had to slowly creep up on people and get progressively evil over three or four generations, as soon as it was introduced to Korea it immediately assumed full, completely evil form. In the West it's taken decades on decades to get to the point that talented young children and Soundcloud artists can be instantly "uplifted" by some music Jew and manufactured into a music star overnight, taking their kernel real talent and using it into a huge matrix of Jewish production, so that you have Jewish "talent people" and agents, Jewish songwriters, Jewish consultants and sound directors, Jewish committees and Jewish market research institutes who can tell you what to sing and not to sing, Jewish CEOs who can shuffle your artistic output around like a pawn on a chessboard to maximize Jewish shareholder profits. Even today, after all this, when musicians are no longer allowed to be real artists or even real human beings in the West, the Jewish music industry still has to maintain a thin veneer of humanity and not reveal how it grinds these people up to use as living commodities and spits them out once they're no longer useful. it has to anaesthetize people to the fact that it (Jewishly) turns adolescent girls into broken little whores for profits.

But in Korea, all that shit was just started immediately as soon as the industry was transplanted there. As soon as they realized they were supposed to ape the West and erect a "pop music business," they immediately went "Alright, the most efficient way to do that would obviously be to enslave a whoooole lot of my fellow gooks and train them from birth to be the ULTIMATE MUSIC SLAVES!" So they just immediately did that, no need for the anaesthesia, because I guess they're all too brutalized over there by a thousand years of yangban servitude to notice that it's still going on except now everyone is wearing Western style suits.

im developing my own form of pragmatism actually

youtu.be/WIKqgE4BwAY

i already saw this post today? how old is this copypasta

Why did people think that Babymetal was weird? If anything, it's not weird enough.

Normalfags have been brainwashed to think that everything that comes out of Japan has to be weird.

>unrestrained capitalism
>gay moralizing virtue signaling over based dancing azn qts
stopped reading there

Attached: TWICE6.jpg (1600x900, 212K)

Those adolescent girls aren't the victim user; they revel in the male gaze, in the pagan adoration that their "fans" show to them. It's just the women nature being commodified by capitalism, but it didn't create anything new.

Maybe you've just been on here too long. Honestly though, don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Attached: ai.gif (179x192, 973K)

Evola is a meme. One cannot follow Nietzsche and being traditionalist at the same time, it's literally opposite.

yes, but i choose to waste it pointlessly until one day i will be old and look back to n my life with utter despair

>One cannot follow Nietzsche and being traditionalist at the same time, it's literally opposite.
Both of them are literally gay and retarded

Why the pasta is growing stale, there is no denying how shady the music industry within Korea is, particularly within the K-Pop scene.

Traditionalism is ok as far as it doesn't contradict Plato.

It takes blood sweat and tears to make good music that's why their managers whip them and make them dance 14 hours per day

I like kpop girl groups but babymetal is definitely a little weird to look at. The "metal" aesthetic is a bit cringe

Attached: 83222029-1756-4E2B-9230-B6BE003F5402.jpg (675x637, 89K)

the japanese didn’t always have souls though. it’s actually a product of the nuclear blasts at hiroshima/nagasaki. the genetic mutations they underwent gave them souls. pre-wwii japs were soulless lemmings. the solution is obvious: we must nuke korea and china

kek

And many kpop idols receive classical voice training. Just because the focus is on the marketable visuals, dances, and "cute" aspects doesn't mean their talent or dedication to their craft is somehow cheapened. Haydn and Handel were as much slaves to the shekel as Dahyun is.

>And many kpop idols receive classical voice training. Just because the focus is on the marketable visuals, dances, and "cute" aspects doesn't mean their talent or dedication to their craft is somehow cheapened. Haydn and Handel were as much slaves to the shekel as Dahyun is.
I was actually kidding but the instrumentation for kpop really isn't that bad at all. The people who write for it clearly know what they're doing, there are a few Twice songs with obvious Mozart motifs thrown in. Loona also has fantastic melodies even from a classical perspective.

Kpop is the apex form of popular music in my opinion, besides the lack of real instruments and lip synching sometimes. They dance, it's orderly, the girls are disciplined, and the music isn't necessarily bad as far as being pop music.

My only complaint is the feminization of the men and it will probably be used as a tool for globohomo soon

>falling for Yea Forums memes to begin with
It is best to hold this board in disdain. That way, you can be pleasantly surprised by the odd effort poster.

Kpop is mostly enjoyed by teenage Korean girls and late 20s non-Korean womanchildren. While they like the boy groups as much as the girls, their gaze on the boys is clearly sexual (especially for those womanchildren). For the most part it's the other way around, to what you describe. Female """sexiness""" is highly marketable to females, in many ways much more so as the men are their for the attraction and not all the little baubles and loyalties and personalities, that is, all the efficiently manufactured commodities which a group, boy band or girl band, is the medium to sell through.

>It is best to hold this board in disdain. That way, you can be pleasantly surprised by the odd effort poster.
I've found some decent meme books off here

As long as one understands that it is all glamorous fun and nothing more substantial, it's really not bad. People unironically falling for the "late stage capitalism" or "korean exploitation" memes are holding the rest of the global entertainment industry throughout all of history on too much of a pedestal. Romans literally watched people be eaten by leopards for sport.

By contrast, people willingly working hard to achieve their goal of becoming celebrities so that they can produce music that other people willingly spend their money on because they legitimately enjoy the product is tame. And it's just... being an entertainer. That's what it was in the age of Bach, too. When he wrote his Brandenburg Concertos, he wasn't thinking "what deep and meaningful contribution will I make to the universe that will echo throughout all time?" he was probably more thinking "I hope the Margrave of Brandenburg likes this next bop because I've got a family to feed."

It's literally a cultural sinkhole

People who croon about "late stage capitalism" with kpop are just virtue signalers who want to pat themselves on the back for "criticizing" the system or some pathetic shit

Kpop girl groups are epic, leftys can't cope. The girls train for like 8 years and then maintain a hyper-perfected imagine in order to produce a certain artistic result. It's what western music used to be like, when classical music teachers would yell and hit their students when they played wrong (as God intended).

You're correct on the Bach thing to, I have read many biographies and autobiographies from classical musicians (as well as doing classical work myself) and it was all just work for them. That's how QUALITY MUSIC is made, honestly.

Very few people write anything decent out of pure freedom, it just comes out as vain and masturbatory. The best artistic products are made with a specific goal and under the confines of managers. 1800's Romanticism was the beginning of all musical cringe, when composers started just writing for themselves. Sure it was ok at first, but look where we are now. Vain Music composers all over the world jerking themselves off and nobody cares, because their art is pointless.

Attached: momoreading.jpg (1521x2048, 762K)

I disagree on romanticism. I think that as a movement, it has produced plenty of enlightening and inspiring works in music, art, literature, and beyond, but I understand your point. Rigorous training and dedicated work toward a goal are important and ought to be appreciated rather than criticized as they often are.

>When did you grow out of Traditionalism?
When I finally met a woman that has a bigger dick than I do.

Bach wasnt thinking of either. That's a dumb materialist view. The sheer amount of quality material that classical musicians like Bach produced reveals an unconscious compulsion to create that the modern artist, nevermind historian, cannot comprehend.

>I couldnt understand evola because I have no grasp on any traditional religions, philosophy or esotericism therefore im going to proclaim that all ideoligies are false because I lack any genuine intellectual curiousity

Never fell for the meme. However, I am definitely interested in metaphysics, so it has forever changed me, with regards to the fact that it cleansed me of believing in the western reincarnation meme, as well as taking me away from "occultism" and blavatskyan theosophy.

Bach had zealous divine inspiration

Most people in general today are not zealously inspired by Christianity

Considering Bach wrote the Brandenburg Concertos for the express reason that he wanted the Margrave of Brandenburg to hire him, I would say he probably was thinking that at least a bit. Your analysis is completely pretentious. One can appreciate the heavenly beauty of Bach's works while still understanding the pragmatism of the situation from which they arose.

Oh yeah same here. Evola and Guenon's metaphysics are great, But their actual spiritual beliefs are pretty dumb

>pragmatism
Doesnt that inevitably lead to fascism?

It could lead to many things depending on the situation, the founders of America actually believed a republic was the most pragmatic form of governance

I bought Ride The Tiger and Revolt Against The Modern World because of Yea Forums. Made it halfway through Revolt, about 50 pages through Ride The Tiger. I felt they amounted to nothing more than new age spiritual self help books, especially Ride The Tiger. I also found it amusing that Evola's superior "realm of being", or an eternal moral law that transcends man, is a very Christian idea.

youre just the typical pseud who reads as if buying new brands of clothes. this is exactly why you need to come here and post your 'product review'. these things should be lived to some degree to understand and surface level comprehension will definitely get you jumping from one brand to the other.

Isn't traditionalism inherently pragmatic until some new theory appears and redefines what can be considered truth?
After all, traditionalism is nothing more than sticking to beliefs that worked in the past.

s-she's fast!!!

You would be right, if kpop had an artistic value whatsoever; it's only purpose it's to sell, meaning to pander to the lowest common denominator.
As its core it's just as american pop, only through a different cultural lens: catchy tunes, good looking girls, lyrics void of any meaning pushing the current zeitgeist, jewish producers. The only difference is that it runs more on sexual favors - what do you think those years of training are for? - instead of nepotism.

Grow out?
I grew into it

I agree completely. Fuck Chinks.

Attached: Sakya_Monastery,_Tibet,_2006.jpg (2000x1248, 1.61M)

Good thread, though I’d be interested to see whether by “pragmatism” OP refers to the great American tradition beginning with Pierce and James, filtered through Dewey, and ending in Rorty OR he has some other notion in mind (whether the European skepticism of Wittgenstein and Derrida which gets shilled as pragmatic by reducivists or the classical “pragmatic” approach to life e.g., the Stoics and other /fit/lit/ memes). Regardless, folks need to realize Traditionalism is pure cope, a deeply attractive one, but snakeoil nonetheless (which makes sense given it’s Eastern appropriations).

youtube.com/watch?v=J8LxORztUWY

Are there Jews in important positions in Korea? Or did they just copy the Jewish mindset like they do everything else?

I'm interested in pragmatism. Should I read Peirce, James, or Dewey?

when I discovered capital is sentient

Nobody denies that great art can come from a rather mundane work pressures (and probably much more so than from pure freedom, like you say). Musicians, writers, painters, etc.
But that has nothing to do with the fact that modern music, and kpop being the epitome along maybe with shit like reggaeton, is 100$ soulless and mass produced, formulaic garbage converging towards the most banal creations we can muster, which is happening to everything because everything has to be accessible to everyone in the era of inclusivity, to maximize profit and idiotize people, not to say anything about the degenerate and subversive nature of it all.

They have the same mentality; look into their relationship with Japan. Same victim mentality and distorsion of history, while they are in control of most of the japanese mass media.

Can you elaborate? What did you find dumb about them?

let's be real, the only reason you know those names is because you looked up pragmatism and typed the first three writers associated with it (you even posted them in the same order)

kek
You should read Nietzsche first. His "perspectivism" is the most nuanced form of pragmatism there is.

> obviously that’s hyperbolic. the point is that you are unrestricted.
So you're a swing voter.

The arrogance and ultimate flaw in this is that you believe you are wiser than the centuries of accumulated wisdom of your forefathers. Which is pretty much what we've been doing for the last century or two and look where we are now.

I've read everything by Nietzsche.

What an odd assumption to make. I'm American and they're all extremely well known here - Peirce less so, but anyone with an interest in philosophy has heard of him. I've already read multiple works by James and Dewey, just nothing focused on pragmatism.

Same thing happened to me. Mostly because I started reading a lot of Catholic/Orthodox works and I realized that Evola/Guénon are both satanic retards, more Evola than Guénon, but still both are retards. I would say that they're useful though for certain people to awaken their metaphysical sensibilities and to help expose a lot of evil in the world in their critiques of modernity.

But wouldn't Catholicism or Orthodoxy be considered traditionalist as well?
t. brainlet that is pro-tradition and interested in learning about this

Attached: 009y3NN-_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34K)

When I decided to enjoy my current life and stop idolizing something that never existed in the first place.

Read Feyerabend. It's basically pragmatism applied to epistemology.

what works is defined by non-pragmatism, so that's a paradox.

You are actually on to something. As I said above, I am developing my own form of pragmatism, and the whole point I am working at is that pragmatism isn't even a philosophy but something more fundamental. It's an attitude, an orientation, it is how one relates to philosophy

t. weeb whos never been to japan

They have (((evangelical protestants))) a la americanne

>t.

Attached: 2a426344-bleeding-edge_screenshot_buttercup-min-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

>while they are in control of most of the japanese mass media.

I have read about this somewhere else. Is there any truth to this? I know that Koreans make up a high percentage of the yakuza.

No, traditionalism is the idea that all religions have some strong metaphysical similarities, differing more circumstantially than essentially; according to traditionalism, some religions also contain more of the metaphysical truth than others (for most traditionalists the most pure religion would probably be Hinduism and one of the least pure of the popular religions would be Christianity). The traditionalist position is basically the same thing the "dude weed" guy meant when he said all religions are the same (oh, and also, he doesn't like Christianity either! What a coincidence!).

>"dude weed" guy
who?

knowyourmeme.com/memes/dude-weed-lmao

Seth Rogan said all religions are the same, or are you just invoking a general stoner stereotype?

Stoners is general are known for saying things like "all religions are the same" or "we are all one" and other clearly dubious statements about humanity and culture.

and rootless.

i don't vote
you are rooted in your self instead of being the cuck of an epistemological framework. you control the means of philosophizing rather than being controlled by them.

>you are rooted in your self
More like trapped in your self

and that's a good thing! unironically

I simply realized that there being one "Tradition" everybody unknowingly follow is litteraly retardation of the highest caliber and went on reading Guenon and Evola as inspirations and for their critiques of modernity; just like I read Nietzsche for his Poetry and his philology because his Philosophy is litteraly cope central.
I thought we were all doing this. Searching for what's good amongst the errors instead of just accepting what any muslim frenchman says at face value.

>2017
>wanna start reading books
>Start with Lord of the Rings cuz the Yea Forums meme
>mind is blown, think I just read the deepest shit ever
>go back and slog through everything from the greeks to contemporary literature
>re-read LotR
>realize it was just thinly veiled traditionalism from the beginning
>realize all fantasy books are genre fiction and trash
>realize the only books that matter are fine literature
Who else has grown out of the genre fiction meme?

I'm surprised to find myself disappointed with the simplicity of Plato's arguments. Everyone has their job. Don't let the cogs intermingle. An engineer never sires a soldier, or if he does, it will be known somehow? (How?) Likewise, a man cannot be both soldier and engineer.

How...how is that practical? Why must every axiom be preceded by fifty miles of guardrails for the stunted and broken?

Guenon was never a /pol/ meme, cumbrain moron.

Based. Kpop is utter trash.

read the definition of pragmatism. then apply it to other branches of philosophy. there’s nothing more to it than that

>soulless and mass produced, formulaic garbage converging towards the most banal creations we can muster, which is happening to everything because everything has to be accessible to everyone in the era of inclusivity
This was precisely true of Mozart.

>awaken their metaphysical sensibilities
>X thinker is satanic because he said other religions contained truth as well
pick one

i think the key difference between professional idols and professional composers is that the one performs and the other creates. idols are completely detached from both the things they perform and the profit it generates, which is why the late stage capitalism comparison is pretty apt.

this is art

>You would be right, if kpop had an artistic value whatsoever; it's only purpose it's to sell, meaning to pander to the lowest common denominator.
This is some sickening romantic-sentimental idea about art, where if it's mass-produced for the populace (pop music) then it's "no longer art". There is nothing wrong with low-brow art inherently, it is made to be understood by the masses. high-brow art is not made to be understood by the masses, it is specifically made for the most educated and artistically minded individuals in society, and sometimes the lower masses join in a bit.

There should be mass-produced art for the lowest common denominator. Kpop is good because it does not deny or hide that it is made to be consumed by the populace, as western pop music tries to wear a mask and pretend to be deeper than it really is. That is why pop music in America is so much more sickening than Kpop, or at least partially why. The other part is that American pop's goal is to drag down it's listeners into depravity/self-hatred/and every other vice in the book. At least K-pop glorifies the "beauty" of Korean people so it actually builds their self-esteem and identity by exporting it.

>idols are completely detached from both the things they perform and the profit it generates, which is why the late stage capitalism comparison is pretty apt.
Another delusional sentimental romantic take.

Do you know anything about classical music? The majority of classical musicians don't compose and just perform other people's music. They are meant to interpret it and bring it to their audience, but they themselves are usually "detatched" from the true original meaning of the piece.

At any given time, Composers make up about 2% of all active classical musicians. The same with Kpop, the girls are avatars for an end-goal as laid out by the producers/composers/managers.

I know intellectualizing pop music is pleb-tier, but people really need to get over this weird 1800's-era sentiment about "true art" and all of this shit. There is nothing wrong with having performers act as puppets or avatars for a larger goal.

>>re-read Evola
Yeah, that’s where you went wrong. Evola is an entry-level traditionalist, great for introducing teenagers to these ideas, but you’re not supposed to dwell on the guy (he made several big errors, like when he autustically insists that Kshatriyas are higher than Brahmins). Look into the works of Coomaraswamy, Wolfgang Smith, Titus Burckhardt, etc

>music is good because it makes my penis hard
This is how you sound brother

>everything is sex and all anyone thinks about is sex
cumbrain take

There is no evidence that he wrote the concertos specifically for Brandenburg and it is more likely that he'd written the majority of them several years before.

Based

>omg kpop isn’t deep like classical music what was I thinking
Cringe, gay, pleb, r*ddit

kpop is the tuneless braying of a degenerate culture

>tuneless
Literally more melodic than anything happening in the west right now

>I criticized le’ degeneracy again look mom

But that's not true now is it bab?

What's your favorite group fren?

Attached: IMG_20190916_191232.jpg (1000x1500, 252K)

It literally is

Look at the instrumentation scores for kpop songs and compare it with the atonal noise coming out of classical conservatories and the garbage coming out in underground music.

Loona/fromis_9/Twice/IU

I don't think he said they were higher, He said they were equal but two different tips of hierarchies.

>Look at the instrumentation scores for kpop songs and compare it with the atonal noise coming out of classical conservatories and the garbage coming out in underground music.
You're talking out your ass here insectoid

Wrong faggot

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVuE-ZBMD1w

Meandering soulless garbage

>soul being an artistic characteristic
Feminine sentimental trope

When I replaced them with bad habits.

>the insect admits it is soulless and hollow
I really do pity you

Attached: 1567883915163.jpg (796x960, 34K)

>I pity you
Effeminate passive aggressive trope

Fight me then

Rereading Evola is what did that OP, Guenon is the real intellectual of the group
Guenon btfo pragmatism in 'East and West', it can be safely set aside
Trying to artificially separate the metaphysics from the spiritual/religious content is even more dumb
The Hindu tradition teach transmigration, which is something slightly different from how people typically understand reincarnation.

Attached: The-hierarchical-order-of-the-cosmos-according-to-Ibn-Arabi-a-the-Gardens-within-the.jpg (753x237, 52K)

Is there anything less original than low-level racism?

K-pop

Attached: 1552540454584.png (700x505, 429K)

theres no music after japanese noise rock. it will kill your desire for music
me:
>2010-2013
kpop
>2013-2014
dreampop
>2014-2016
japanese noise rock and other alternative japanese styles

Attached: 44vf9jf1xjky.png (604x516, 88K)

you're fucking idiot
japs and koreans don't have soul you can tell by the jap pretentious mannerisms which are hard stated it doesn't work like that in actual asian culture
the difference between jap and korean is that korea thinks of itself as the new dog the gradeur is fresh in their minds whereas with japs they've now seen the downside but are stuck with it
one half of china is going the jap-korean way other half is still traditionalist
among the three it's still the chinks that have the most soul and also have the historic credit

cringe&yikes desu senpai

Attached: pepe.png (500x646, 98K)

How is pragmatism a political ideology? It seems to me that it is merely an approach to policy-making that stresses timely delivery of policy over achieving ideological goals. If you're legislating, you need to:
1. Identify a phenomenon
2. ascertain whether it's a problem that's ought to be addressed
3. Decide on which actors should be involved in trying to resolve the problem
4. Decide on policy to solve it.

As far as I can tell pragmatism only kicks in at stage 4. If we're looking at something like drug use, there are people who wouldn't consider it a problem, or wouldn't see the government as having a proper role in it. That's the purview of true ideology.

Attached: Mamako_questioning.jpg (1920x1080, 962K)

When did you grow out of Undertale?
>2015
>Wanna start playing video games
>Start with Undertale cuz the Yea Forums meme
>mind is blown, think I just played the funniest shit ever
>go back and slog through everything from Pac-Man to Tom Howard's Skyrim
>replay Undertale
>realize that determination was a meaningless buzzword
>realize that the jokes were 2004 *holds up spork* cringe humor
>realize the soundtrack was for children and could never compete with Bach
Who else grew out of the Undertale meme?

Attached: can't do anything.gif (412x420, 3.59M)

*ahem*
WHITE WOMEN ARE ALL WHORES

Attached: 1566673460671.jpg (750x403, 177K)

Cursed

Jesus, that was unexpectedly funny

>when did you grow out of [idea i want to mock]?
Unironically never. I have changed my mind in my life but I have never interpreted it as 'growth'.

Pragmatism is a non-entity in morals. It is a theory of knowledge.
Saying a policy is pragmatic is nonsensical. It is only 'pragmatic' according to given objectives. In practice claims of pragmaticism are only made to portrait opponents as deluded fanatics without questioning the supposed obviousness of your own objectives.

>>realize it was just intellectualized new-age bullshit from the beginning
You ape have trained the AI so well, it can greentext now. Nice going, stick bundles.

I won't let this go without a based and redpilled, even though it's probably pasta.

Peirceian pragmatism involves on all of those things. The only difference between pragmatism and politics is that pragmatism is antipartisan, relies on a community of open minded inquiry, and is technocratic in the sense that it is ruled by method.

>Comparing kpop to Mozart et al
>Bro I only listen to shit from 1700s and below, 1800s and up is so fucking sold out

What in the fuck are you smoking negro

>pointing out a Mozart motif in a kpop song is comparing Mozart to kpop as an equivalency
>pointing out the consequences of entimental individualism of the 1800’s means someone sold out
Low iq drooling nigger coombrain holy shit just re-read my post and learn about art history

The fact you pair Evola and Guénon together says a lot about your intellectual capacity. You're just a braindead anglo, nothing new.

Lmao, you haven't even read guénon, frail little anglo

>À ces derniers traits, on reconnaît sans peine que ce n’est point l’intelligence elle-même qui est en cause, mais tout simplement la conception cartésienne de l’intelligence, ce qui est bien différent ; et, à la superstition de la raison, la « philosophie nouvelle », comme disent ses adhérents, en substitue une autre, plus grossière encore par certains côtés, la superstition de la vie. Le rationalisme, impuissant à s’élever jusqu’à la vérité absolue, laissait du moins subsister la vérité relative ; l’intuitionnisme contemporain rabaisse cette vérité à n’être plus qu’une représentation de la réalité sensible, dans tout ce qu’elle a d’inconsistant et d’incessamment changeant ; enfin, le pragmatisme achève de faire évanouir la notion même de vérité en l’identifiant à celle d’utilité, ce qui revient à la supprimer purement et simplement. Si nous avons un peu schématisé les choses, nous ne les avons nullement défigurées, et, quelles qu’aient pu être les phases intermédiaires, les tendances fondamentales sont bien celles que nous venons de dire ; les pragmatistes, en allant jusqu’au bout, se montrent les plus authentiques représentants de la pensée occidentale moderne : qu’importe la vérité dans un monde dont les aspirations, étant uniquement matérielles et sentimentales, et non intellectuelles, trouvent toute satisfaction dans l’industrie et dans la morale, deux domaines où l’on se passe fort bien, en effet, de concevoir la vérité ?

Stop posting cringe

Powerful amounts of low iq cringe autism in this post

Attached: 622A7F3F-37D8-447B-9151-FDD8E2D4AC52.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

>. Seulement, pour des hommes qui n’acceptent que le fait brut, qui n’ont d’autre critérium de vérité que l’« expérience » entendue uniquement comme la constatation des phénomènes sensibles, il ne peut être question d’aller plus loin ou de procéder autrement, et alors il n’y a que deux attitudes possibles : ou bien prendre son parti du caractère hypothétique des théories scientifiques et renoncer à toute certitude supérieure à la simple évidence sensible ; ou bien méconnaître ce caractère hypothétique et croire aveuglément à tout ce qui est enseigné an nom de la « science ». La première attitude, assurément plus intelligente que la seconde (en tenant compte des limites de l’intelligence « scientifique »), est celle de certains savants qui, moins naïfs que les autres, se refusent à être dupes de leurs propres hypothèses ou de celles de leurs confrères ; ils en arrivent ainsi, pour tout ce qui ne relève pas de la pratique immédiate, à une sorte de scepticisme plus ou moins complet ou tout au moins de probabilisme : c’est l’« agnosticisme » ne s’appliquant plus seulement à ce qui dépasse le domaine scientifique, mais s’étendant à l’ordre scientifique même ; et ils ne sortent de cette attitude négative que par un pragmatisme plus ou moins conscient, remplaçant, comme chez Henri Poincaré, la considération de la vérité d’une hypothèse par celle de la commodité ; n’est-ce pas là un aveu d’incurable ignorance ?

>Le pragmatisme, par sa dénomination même, se pose avant tout en « philosophie de l’action » ; son postulat plus ou moins avoué, c’est que l’homme n’a que des besoins d’ordre pratique, besoins à la fois matériels et sentimentaux ; c’est donc l’abolition de l’intellectualité ; mais, s’il en est ainsi, pourquoi vouloir encore faire des théories ? Cela se comprend assez mal ; et, comme le scepticisme dont il ne diffère [85] qu’à l’égard de l’action, le pragmatisme, s’il voulait être conséquent avec lui-même, devrait se borner à une simple attitude mentale, qu’il ne peut même chercher à justifier logiquement sans se donner un démenti ; mais il est sans doute bien difficile de se maintenir strictement dans une telle réserve.
hahahahahahahahahahah

America is founded after Roman styled pragmatism

Ideological new age Guenon LARPers can only spit and drool as they’re split roasted by fat American pragmatist cock in both holes
>b-but muh cycles
Take this burger dick autismo

I'm literally 150iq hahahahhaha, anglos! hahahahhahahahah. They keep pushing for the IQ meme and eat their words when I tell them my iq, pathetic really. Be coherent. If you want to use IQ as a metric then I have you beat by three standard deviation LMAO.

>>Le pragmatisme, par sa dénomination même, se pose avant tout en « philosophie de l’action » ; son postulat plus ou moins avoué, c’est que l’homme n’a que des besoins d’ordre pratique, besoins à la fois matériels et sentimentaux ; c’est donc l’abolition de l’intellectualité ; mais, s’il en est ainsi, pourquoi vouloir encore faire des théories ? Cela se comprend assez mal ; et, comme le scepticisme dont il ne diffère [85] qu’à l’égard de l’action, le pragmatisme, s’il voulait être conséquent avec lui-même, devrait se borner à une simple attitude mentale, qu’il ne peut même chercher à justifier logiquement sans se donner un démenti ; mais il est sans doute bien difficile de se maintenir strictement dans une telle réserve.
Prove this wrong, hahahahaha. Impossible, this is logic an 8year old could understand. But come on, I want to see you try for our amusement

Yes, the intellectually corrupt roman empire, read Aurelius please, and tell me how smart these romans were. They are literally dumber than children. Aurelius is pathetically dumb. It's cringe, like you tranny posters would say.

>>Le pragmatisme, par sa dénomination même, se pose avant tout en « philosophie de l’action » ; son postulat plus ou moins avoué, c’est que l’homme n’a que des besoins d’ordre pratique, besoins à la fois matériels et sentimentaux ; c’est donc l’abolition de l’intellectualité ; mais, s’il en est ainsi, pourquoi vouloir encore faire des théories ? Cela se comprend assez mal ; et, comme le scepticisme dont il ne diffère [85] qu’à l’égard de l’action, le pragmatisme, s’il voulait être conséquent avec lui-même, devrait se borner à une simple attitude mentale, qu’il ne peut même chercher à justifier logiquement sans se donner un démenti ; mais il est sans doute bien difficile de se maintenir strictement dans une telle réserve.
Now is the time for actual arguments! How about you address this very short paragraph? Mmh?

>how smart
Smart enough to conquer the world while gay new age trad LARPs like yourself jerk off to books nobody reads

Lube up frenchy, burger cock coming in fast

Faggot retard, we speak American here. from google translate:
>Pragmatism, by its very denomination, arises above all in "philosophy of action"; his postulate, more or less acknowledged, is that man has only practical needs, necessities both material and sentimental
This is not what pragmatism is.

A very good start and then
and then
> go back and slog through everything from the greeks to contemporary philosophy
obviously analytical philosophy, the philosophers of which Wittgenstein rightly called idiots
Now, once again you come back and read Aristotle, Nietzsche and Wittgenstein, this time with your eyes not your ass.

Attached: ki_borba_za_sharika_850x450.jpg (850x450, 290K)

>Nietzche
>Aristotle

Attached: 76C85B56-1EF8-4D46-A130-DE57466618F5.jpg (768x768, 67K)

I realized this year that trad (more like tard) values were a meme n went full degen

that's just stupid. you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater you retard

what are trad values in the context of Guénon's traditionalism? literally a made up concept by moralizing anglos because they PHYSICALLY cannot EVER address intellectual content with an unbiased mind, it MUST be distorted through the lenses of moralism.

"trad values" fucking kek. fucking anglos. fucking retards. corrupt race. corrupting everything they touch. why must they formulate some newer form of sentimentalism and graft it to the most anti-morality, anti-sentimentalism author in the whole of the western world.

wasn't Wittgenstein also analytical?

>The economists (traditionalists) accuse those, to whom the enunciation of their atrocious villainies communicates a thrill of horror, of being sentimentalists. It may be so: I willingly confess to having some tincture of sentimentalism in me, God be thanked! Ever since the French Revolution brought this leaning of thought into ill repute -- and not altogether undeservedly, I must admit, true, beautiful, and good as that great movement was -- it has been the tradition to picture sentimentalists as persons incapable of logical thought and unwilling to look facts in the eyes. This tradition may be classed with the French tradition that an Englishman says godam at every second sentence, the English tradition that an American talks about "Britishers," and the American tradition that a Frenchman carries forms of etiquette to an inconvenient extreme; in short, with all those traditions which survive simply because the men who use their eyes and ears are few and far between. Doubtless some excuse there was for all those opinions in days gone by; and sentimentalism, when it was the fashionable amusement to spend one's evenings in a flood of tears over a woeful performance on a candle-litten stage, sometimes made itself a little ridiculous. But what after all is sentimentalism? It is an ism, a doctrine, namely, the doctrine that great respect should be paid to the natural judgments of the sensible heart. This is what sentimentalism precisely is; and I entreat the reader to consider whether to contemn it is not of all blasphemies the most degrading.
Let's see how practically your anti-moralism anti-sentimentalism life denial holds up when you hear a loved one scream for help.

Attached: cs-peirce.jpg (1325x1532, 744K)

>I like Kpop only as a perfect example of unrestrained capitalism

hello cuck philosophy

do the same thing but with the Lotr movies

literally a made up concept by moralizing anglos because they PHYSICALLY cannot EVER address intellectual content with an unbiased mind, it MUST be distorted through the lenses of moralism.

"you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater" fucking kek. fucking anglos. fucking retards. corrupt race. corrupting everything they touch. why must they formulate some newer form of sentimentalism and graft it to the most anti-morality, anti-sentimentalism author in the whole of the western world.

s e e t h e

Pragmatism is the most childish, least thoughtful, and most reductive philosophy. Out of any school, it has the least amount of foresight.

Pragmatism is a tool, nothing more.
Ideals are goals to reach.
So why not use pragmatism to reach ideals?

How so?

Pragmatism is a school of philosophy you dingus

It's the doctrine that uses the pragmatic maxim for inquiry, deliberation and to mitigate uncertainty. The pragmatic maxim is a tool, therefore the doctrine of pragmatism is a virtual tool, and it's based.

>believing in pragmatism

Attached: 1560443709465.jpg (850x755, 178K)

Ben Bernanke convinced them to keep printing money. Japan is an economic experiment for the US Jew bankers.

> in short, with all those traditions which survive simply because the men who use their eyes and ears are few and far between
I know this feel.