Thoughts on Plato and his works?

Thoughts on Plato and his works?

Attached: plat.jpg (248x203, 8K)

The worst and the best thing to happen to philosophy.

He was right about literally everything

the Goethe of the classical civilization, and to some later romans (magians), their Christ.

Better than Plotinus, although never quite as good as Aristotle in some regards.

BEHOLD!

Attached: 23411.jpg (276x182, 6K)

Ah man FUCK OFF Diogenes lol

boring af

now THIS is philosophy

I find it unbelievable that two of the greatest minds in history—Aristotle and Plato—lived and interacted with each other. There are a few authors which i feel in awe and intimidated by their genius, Plato is one of them (Aristotle is another).

Attached: 1504761612923.jpg (759x862, 116K)

God damn you're such a fucking nerd dude.

maybe surreal is a better word than unbelievable, actually. Kind of like when you hear about Hume and Adam Smith trying to help get Ferguson a wife, or Rousseau, Diderot, and Hume all being in the same salon. In a way, these figures seem larger than life, and hearing about multiple of them being around at once is... i hate to sound childish, but really quite cool.

makes me consider reading a different book

mate, if i wasn't i wouldn't be on an internet forum discussing ancient greek philosophy. I try to hide my powerlevel in public.

well shut the fuck up I ain't your ate you fucking fag.

howabout you shut the fuck up.

how do you know? not many things remain from Aristotle's writings

The ultimate pleb filter. If you ever see someone discussing Republic like it's mainly a mold to build a perfect society after you know you've encountered a retard.

Attached: Behold, a man.png (500x393, 124K)

are you joking, we have almost twice as much left from Aristotle than Plato

you'l regret speaking to me like that.

All fucking nerds! Don't accept yourself as something genetically inferior and cowardly. Sure I'm one of the rare men who are good looking, tall and charismatic as well as intelligent and creative. But I mean you shouldn't embrace being a strong retard or an effeminate dork, you should aim for your own definite ideal. Of both the masculine and culture. Not accept that which was meant to be changed.

>The ultimate pleb filter.
Retard incel detected. Of course the Republic isn't literally the ideal society, but the fact that I have to explain to you *literal* shows your own smoothbrain. Not to mention how you seem to think the point of the Republic is to shew the ideal system.

Attached: socrates.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

oh yeah? what are you going to do about it? i'll brainmogg you harder than ayer brainmogged mike tyson.

yeah, yeah, i'm working on getting /fit/. Building muscle takes time.

>implying that is what I meant
>implying that is what I think the point of the Republic is

Attached: implying.png (380x288, 176K)

Than get fit, it's not difficult, you don't have to be chiselled (though that is advised) just fit. With that getting /fit/ isn't the most important thing. It's your character, your charisma, your theatricality, your willingness to life! Balance these things, identify and so separate yourself, then conjoin. Be confident, do not feel insecure, but at the same time do not just simply feel un-rightfully self confident. Ask yourself why you are insecure, accept that you felt that, and either accept yourself as inferior in some way, build that inferiority away, or lastly find that the inferiority was never there but instead just anxiety. Whatever it is you must find the truth of your own personal existence within the frame of human existence. And that is to say psychology. Leave ontological abstraction to the self definite - what you must become and endeavour through (that is abstraction) to continue your self actualisation.

You make ironicism unfunny.

>You make ironicism unfunny
And that's a good thing

Surely to make an indelible mark on history you need to sharpen yourself to a scalpels edge in the particular subject of your choosing, even at the expense of other skills and commitments; the jack of all trades is master of none. There is only so much time you have on this earth. You have to take life by the balls and force it into submission, even if it costs you your all.

No, not it's not.

Perhaps, man does indeed have to devote his psychic energy's to a particular of life. Is it in training the rational factor, of philosophy and science, is it the artistic, mystic and collective insight? The creative spirit. The heroic activation of history. Many things a man can do, and master at many can he be, remembered for one over another must.

Perfect response

He aight

The fuck are you taking about

God you sound like a psued prick

You’re making no mark and neither am I.

>reply about how “if you WILL it”

Stfu. Marks are made via a combination of circumstance and taken, and no circumstance leading to a perch in history would ever take a pit stop on Yea Forums.

Talent*

>reads the first 150 pages of Spengler

At least good on you for appreciating the philosophy of life

I'm not the only one who has tried to imagine what it would be like to go back and explain the philosophy and science that came after them to Plato and Aristotle right

He was ok not bad not good but ok and of course was a historical necessity not philosophical nor political but historical necessity for his era