Slavoj Žižek on what really makes him mad

blog.oup.com/2019/09/slavoj-zizek-on-what-really-makes-him-mad/

Attached: 26756cff-ad2e-45ea-9bae-0783390b9d88.jpg (173x207, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAe867evM18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What really makes me mad when I read critical (and even some favorable) reactions to my work is the recurring characterization of me as a postmodern cultural critic – the one thing I don’t want to be. I consider myself a philosopher dealing with fundamental ontological questions, and, furthermore, a philosopher in the traditional vein of German Idealism. Everyone who has seen Hitchcock’s Vertigo remembers the mysterious scene in the sequoia park where Madeleine walks over to a redwood cross-section of an ......

>I am NOT one of these pomo cultural critics!
>That's why I do the exact same thing as all of them, and use my ivory tower sinecure as a platform to sperg about gay pop media hobbies, and write 20 books in a row about how to "live well" under capitalism by reading comic books ironically as expressions of Lacanian jargon!!

Die already you controlled opposition faggot DSA mascot.

Attached: 7fnne.jpg (620x620, 24K)

How is he postmodern?

>write 20 books in a row about how to "live well" under capitalism by reading comic books
what book(s) are you referencing?

>I don't like him, therefore, postmodern.

good phonepost

>postmodernism is when people talk about pop media and read comic books!
what the fuck are you talking about user

thanks

Please make a reply of substance or go back to your "something memes for something teens" groups on Facebook, retards who want to like Zizek because of what they unconsciously assume he represents, but can't articulate why they actually like Zizek.

Weird twitter is also acceptable if you prefer. Feel free to enjoy the rest of your day tourism on Yea Forums though.

I'm just asking you a question, dude. I don't get how Zizek is postmodern. Can you explain that?

fuck off you fucking pseud; I asked for a source

I could, but I don't want to write a post in earnest to receive a completely worthless phone post reply like this one, from a lost Facebook user: There are many ways to characterize postmodernity but this kind of lazy "lol define it so I can say nah that's a dumb definition, that's how I prefer to use Yea Forums as a low-effort chatroom, just like I'm on discord!" conversation is retarded. Part of my critique is already implicit in so if someone wants to reply to that, I will continue the conversation. Negate my negation so we can have a dialectic or go back to browsing weird Twitter like

>Please make a reply of substance or go back
>ok then make an exemplary reply
>I could but I won't blabla random social media irrelevant to the conversation blabla go back

Attached: 134567890.jpg (225x225, 6K)

if you can't cite a source for what you are talking about how am I supposed to engage with it? am I just supposed to guess what Zizek was talking about?

UHHH? SOURCE? SOURCE FOR THAT? DEFINE "IRRELEVANT," HOW IS WHAT I SAID IRRELEVANT? DEFINE IT. I PROMISE I WILL POST MORE THAN A SINGLE-LINE RESPONSE FROM MY IPHONE IF YOU POST A SYSTEMATIC DEFINITION

Sent from my iPhone

Trick question! You're incapable of engaging with anything, because your brain perceives all communication as a low-effort chatroom. What do I win?

I said the social media you mention is irrelavant. Learn to read. Fucking niggers, man, I swear.

>asks for a "reply of substance"
>sperg posts instead of linking source

Attached: 1557785132415.png (290x269, 168K)

This user fucks

>arguing with rightwinger
>be a racist

lol.
you realize you're hurting the work zizek is trying to do by being racist right?

youtube.com/watch?v=YAe867evM18

I don't give a fuck about Zizek, but the man is not postmodern. Niggers are cringe either way.

lmao this is how racism actually spreads on this shit site, great work!!

okay, this is epic

sorry jamal, board culture's board culture. deal with it or go back

muh sekrit clubhouse, no girls allowed

everyone is allowed as long as they play by the rules. don't be a buzzkill nigga bro

The guy gets associated w/ postmodernism bc ppl don’t see the conceptual/methodological advances of post-structuralist thinkers behind the supposed un/counterintuitive garble of their stylistic presentation. So when you have recycled hegelianism and structuralist psychoanalytic marxism rotting away (“I am eating out of the trash all of the time”) and congealing to form Žižek, and what comes out is some guy making jokes about anal sex to illustrate his “dialectical materialism” or whatever, ppl think oh he’s postmodern. But they themselves are good postmodern scions of a Critical practice, bc it’s true, Žiž is a symptom of his times, just like Hegel before him.

functionally equivalent pseud chic to make bookish poindexters appear smart hip and sexy with their quasi intelligible "radical critiques"

>w/
>bc
>ppl

Attached: 1568639499602.jpg (653x390, 61K)

phoneposting is cool guy

based fpbp