I'm practicing this is water speech at the school...

I'm practicing this is water speech at the school. Do you think DFW used a teleprompter when he gave the famous This Is Water commencement speech at Kenyon College? Also thoughts on general speech tips?

Attached: 5192495decad041460000007-750.jpg (651x482, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1OuqzmcbCvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought he just read it off a sheet of paper. If not, he probably memorized the main points using something like the method of loci.

>general speech tips

1. Breathe through your nose and breathe slowly. Breathing through your mouth makes you sound out of breath and anxious. Breathing slowly ensure you speak slowly as well.
2. Try your best to eliminate saying in between words like "uh, um, like" or stuttering. Don't be afraid to pause and look around while you fix the thought in your head. Hitler use to pause for a full minute before he began his speeches, riveting his audience and focusing their attention.
3. Always open with a story

he literally was reading from a paper

>Try your best to eliminate saying in between words like "uh, um, like" or stuttering
If the previous president of the united states could do this constantly why can't I??

OP, look at the fucking image you posted. Jesus Christ.

Because you're not a nigger

How can you be sure that photo has taken at the exact event?

based

>you're not a nigger
Just checked the mirror. I actually am a nigger. What now?

You can speech like the champ.
youtu.be/1OuqzmcbCvg

unironically kys :)

Because I watched him give the speech

Are you telling me you haven't even watched the video of him giving the speech?

Yes. Because those are not the same. Did you even read E Unibus Pluram: Television and U.S. Fiction?

Obviously, and you're a fag for using the subtitle

Y-you too baka

kekd

Because when he wasn’t stuttering he was charismatic and well spoken, far more than you in either category

Oh but this is Yea Forums so I’m gonna get a ton of “HUR HE BLACK” replies

Breed white women

Damn, I actually went to YouTube and listened to the speech again as it's been a while since I heard it. Makes me melancholic and slightly nostalgic to back when I first read him as a young pubescent user. I hope he found peace at last.

Killing yourself is universally scorned. His only hope is annihilation.

Academic speeches. Loathe them. Loathe undergraduate ceremonies. All this pomp. The arrogance of the university presidents. The arrogance and pride of the speakers. The useless lives of the listeners. They should all be in labor camps in rural america.

based

I was joking. Not everyone is a /pol/tard living rent free in your mind.

Why do you hate rural america's labor workers so much?

>baka
isn’t that just the japnese word for idiot or something? why not just say “idiot”? can weebs explain this to me?

I dont. They will be in charge.

It's cute duh

>Don't be afraid to pause and look around
You will rush, practice slowly. Pauses give you space to come back slightly faster, and more conversationally. If you're mic'd, speak not louder than if it were at a table.