I don't see Calvino mentioned enough on Yea Forums. Every winter, I read pic related and his other works...

I don't see Calvino mentioned enough on Yea Forums. Every winter, I read pic related and his other works. He's pretty darn comfy.
Favorite books of his?

Attached: ifonawinternight.jpg (309x475, 22K)

im in the middle of it rn
it is comfy but a bit annoying at times. been a slow read for me. have to commit to it, otherwise i get fed up with all the (You)ing
>tfw no ludmilla gf

I didn't get Invisible Cities. I got through it but I don't really see what Calvino was doing by describing a bunch of cities. What am I missing?

I see this book specifically spammed here all the time. Every time it is spammed it is called "comfy'. Why the fuck is it comfy? Explain.

I've noticed that Calvino's works can be a bit slow but they're great nonetheless

I've only read that one and invisible cities. What else is good?

Obviously comfy comes from the word comfortable. Take that and infer through the contexts that it's used in. No exact definition, but everyone has their own imagination of what comfy is. It's a word that invokes your own understandings of comfort.

try the complete cosmicomics. that and the baron in the trees. some trippy shit man.

I fucking hate you. WHY is it comfy?

Sufficient IQ

Attached: FE893B11-03EA-4FA6-AE41-B67F159F8951.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

nice i like it

VIOLA
VIOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME

Attached: VIOLA.png (1280x865, 411K)

Can someone explain why Invisible Cities works? I don't dislike it but I'm not fully grasping it either.

The baron on the trees is my favorite book

they are metaphors. Sometimes they are obvious, sometimes complex metaphors about 20th century media, for example.

Each city is a metaphor. All of them combined gives a message about how we are as humans when we come together.

because it

about to finish this bad boy
I like it

I hate Yea Forums‘s prodigious use of the word comfy, it’s the most nothing, inane thing to say about a book imo and usually not true. Other than that I really enjoyed “If on a winter’s night...”, I think it should be necessary for any reader, but haven’t read anything else of his yet.

because it explores the nature of reading and the many kinds of romances there is to read and it makes allusions to things people feel while reading

I remember and really liked the city of Octavia, the spiderweb city that hangs over the cliff. As an example, what would that symbolize?

I suppose it refers to cities like La Paz, in which you see where it is built and think " Don't they see they will all die living here?" and yet people go with their lives as if nothing is about to happen.
Ok, that is not a metaphor, but a perception.

Yeah I can definitely see that. It could also be a metaphor for the way people go on while subconsciously knowing the precariousness of their lives.

I don't blame them.
I'm Brazilian, the realists and naturalists here are so cynical and dry that made me ignore books for years. Time passed, then I found some real comfy literature (Proust, Borges, Murakami and the short stories of Monteiro Lobato) and discovered what I was missing.

they are mostly ponderings on the concept of city, on why are they created, how we perceive them, how they endure or fade away. Another important theme is the use of symbols and language. Also, they are so beautifully written hot damn...

seconded, the Complete Cosmicomics include the t zero stories, conceptually some of his best stuff
also The Non Existent Knight, a based satirical take on medieval lore

I agree with fellow Brazilian.
Comfy is used to describe the feeling the book gives. Like a spooky movie or the vibe of a person. Something vague that we try to put into words.

anons, which was your favourite of the cities?
For me, it's Euphemia
>the city where memory is traded at every solstice and at every equinox

Attached: Euphemia.jpg (528x386, 83K)