Did Lyra and Will fuck at the end of the book?

did Lyra and Will fuck at the end of the book?

Attached: wdHYZLFPov2hRsPMOyJgje4oQwYyztcY10rkfxJhVMc.jpg (680x1388, 218K)

No, they ended up in separate universes

what if they left the portal open so it was just a couple inches wide

This except that after the angels went around closing all the portals up, Lyra and Will discovered one that was left only slightly open, enough so that they could talk to eachother and I think do some light hand-holding although I think that may have just been my imagination.

HDM is fantastic despite being YA
Yea Forums should talk about it more.

I want to re-read it but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed seeing as I read it about 10 years ago. Is it still good?

Attached: nh.jpg (500x375, 60K)

It is pretty great

nice one Yea Forums i'm pretty interested in this ya book. makes me pretty happy desu

Even when I read it when I was 13 I noticed that amber spyglass was kind of a mess
First two are great though

you're tripping

I dunno senpai, Lyra in the land of the dead leading a march of ghosts is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me

Attached: Moses068.jpg (434x500, 79K)

Anyone imagine Lyra’s dad looking like Nietzsche? Really spices the books up

In fact I do, except in my mind he is 2 meters tall and buff as hell

They certainly did, but I didn't understand why they didn't leave just one portal open between their worlds.

cause it would leak too much dust.

there were thousands and thousands of portals that will was jumping around closing right?
I don't think a single portal would leak too much dust

Yeah that part is kino. Only thing in all of YA that can claim a straight lineage back to Dante.

I always imagined like a younger and more badass Alfred (from Batman) for some reason. Still pretty awesome.

Most likely yes. It isn't depicted because
1. censure
2. most importantly, the whole thing is not about "penis in vagina lol" but about love, breaking of an old order and reneval of life. Depicting the sex would butcher the tone of the books and murder the signifiance of the last act. As it is it is perfect no matter what one concludes.

On a single day perhaps, but after millenia upon millenia? It's not only about dust btw, it also threaten the structural stability of the universe. The portal left open for the death was big enough.

>millenia upon millenia
woah dude, relax, I'm thinking he could just close the portal when he gets tired of her bitching at him

Is the premise of the series any similar to Hyperion (and especially Endymion)? I want to reread the first book and finish the rest, but not sure if want a new portion of death-praise.

The premise is "YA anti-Paradise Lost".

For the life of me I could not picture what those roller skating elephants were supposed to look like

Neither did I, and many other people said the same. I'm starting to think that was the point, kind of like the more technical sections of Lem's Solaris

I suppose that could work. But isn't he also allowwing murderghost to pass through by keeping it open?

I always pictured them as kinds of heavier grey antelopes.

>Lyra and Will discovered one that was left only slightly open, enough so that they could talk to eachother and I think do some light hand-holding
big enough to fit his dick through then

yeah dude they make a gloryhole at the end of the book
shut up

It's been many years since I've read the books, I don't remember murderghost

they're called spectres

I don't know their names since I read the books in translation and about 15 yeaers ago but there were a ghosts that were created everything a portal is opened with the knife. They kill people by sucking their souls iirc, at the very least being caught by them is worse than being merely killed.

so it's better for these ghosts to be trapped on the worlds they are currently in so they can kill all life?

I think most of them died in the battle of the republic of heaven

This really got me back when I was 10 or something. It got me started on reading occult stuff.