Can we just ban discussion of the Bible on Yea Forums...

Can we just ban discussion of the Bible on Yea Forums? It always just degrades into a religious shouting match; the subject of the Bible as literature (removed from its religious mythology) is hardly ever discussed in these threads.

Attached: 8catodrbhem21.jpg (1484x1094, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1oNHkLIYr9d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, I don't know why it can't just stay on /his/. Nobody has made a good case for its profundity or beauty as far as I can tell.

>burning books

Attached: 781F5BE8-7D44-4D4C-80FB-409B59016433.jpg (1440x907, 150K)

>regulating discussion on a literature board to encourage literary discussion is censorship

Nice brain

Compromise: bible discussion is only allowed on Sunday.

come here to cope after some tradcath BTFO'd you with facts and logic? lmaooo

What about the allusions though?

>doesn't like bible discussion on Yea Forums
>makes thread discussing the bible on Yea Forums

Attached: 1498645469496.jpg (498x470, 32K)

That’s how retardation works user

WAAAY overblown. Nobody is going to read a bible allusion in another book and think 'What the FRUIT is going on here?'

Attached: large_70_12143.jpg (350x350, 17K)

Its a meta-thread proposing an ultimate solution to the regular Christian/Atheist flamewars

That's a good idea user, good job

And what would you propose user do?

vocaroo.com/i/s1oNHkLIYr9d

How about we create a /rel/igion board and ban Atheists?

Attached: 1568587066978.jpg (490x586, 20K)

Well, it's certainly literature, so that seems extreme. I think it would be best if it were limited to discussions on specific books. The plotlines of Exodus, Samuel, and of course Job, are fascinating and can birth discussion from anybody. It's when we talk about "Bible" or "Religion" in the general that we devolve into animals.

add filter for the word "bible"

problem solved

>should /rel/ contain atheists?
My sides are ready

The Bible is THE seminal book of western literature. No other book in the western world has been more read or more referenced. Just because it’s a gigantic pleb filter doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed here.

That place would be like /pol/ on steroids. Please chink moot, make it happen.

Bible is for fags and jesus was a jew and probably a commie as well.

Sounds like Atheists are the ones causing the trouble.

>pleb filter

Cleetus reads the Bible all the time. Its a simple book for simple people

From the thumbnail I thought there was a big bare arse on froggy’s bed

Either if you're a genius or a brainlet, you can still extract knowledge from the Bible. If a simple person takes the Bible, he gets a moral conduct system and a reason to believe in that system; if a smart man takes the Bible, you get Thomas Aquinas, Augustine of Hippo, Hans Urs von Balthasar or Duns Scotus.

It's a pleb filter precisely because you can't notice this, which is painfully obvious.

Attached: OP is a fag.jpg (1508x1000, 271K)

>you can give a text a pretense of sophistication by applying Platonic philosophy to it.

OH wowy kablowy

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x987, 122K)

Filters are a thing. Just add the word "Bible" to yours.

Now, banning christchan posters, that would be a step in the right direction.

>The Bible isn't sophisticate

did you even read it? what translation did you used?

The Bible is not sophisticated. If anything it prides itself on not being sophisticated.

>religious mythology

Its fact tho

Attached: 678352d7cf3069f40e9b544e27eb30f7.jpg (599x920, 296K)

You can’t ban discussion of the bible. That is a violation of both your own policy and your religious freedom to free speech.

You can’t say that any particular part of the bible was written by a white guy. That is offensive to people of many ethnic backgrounds and religions. You can’t compare a group of people to animals. You can’t say that people of different races should not marry or that men should keep their hands to themselves (unless you are a white Christian and would rather see your people die as a result). You can’t say that all Christians are evil. Those are false statements based on nothing more than the fact that they seem to have been passed down from one generation to the next from a man who does not know there are black people living under his roof and who would do anything in his power to ensure his own supremacy over them

Attached: 1906A2C1-CEAE-4F35-82C3-DB9C5B685CBD.jpg (224x225, 4K)

>The Bible is not sophisticated.
>If anything it prides itself on not being sophisticated.

Those are both lies, and you didn't answer my question.

Yes, I read the entire KJV. I didn't appreciate hearing the same stupid 7 parables over and over. Much less did I appreciate the endless genealogies, census results, measurements and other imminently irrelevant data,

If you weren't a brainlet you'd know a mythology is basically a reputation that transcends mere popularity and moves into a significance of being regarded as cultural truth.

>endless genealogies, census results, measurements and other imminently irrelevant data

That's mostly on Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. You didn't read the Bible, you just read a few of the beginning books; if you had read the Bible you would know about the Psalms or Ecclesiastes, or how the books reference each other constantly, and you wouldn't call it "unsophisticated" after seeing all that.

Discuss a book after you actually read it, please.

What about the parts where god commands the salughter of women and children did you appreciate those or how about the talking animals or flying people

>god commands the salughter of women and children
>talking animals
>flying people
You know the OT is a bunch of stories, right?

Attached: 1568658302189.png (656x527, 30K)

The flying person is from the NT

but donkeys can talk. usually they just say EEE AWWW but if you piss them off enough you’re in for a lecture

Attached: C8405A24-055F-47BB-AD16-CC681E6488CC.jpg (600x600, 135K)

Christ isn't just a person.

Religion has always been a big part of Yea Forums. Not to mention by your argument We should ban all philosophy

You talking about Revelation?

Im talking about Simon Magus, the evil flying wizard who opposed the apostles

Put your trip back on Trannyfly

Is the bible actually a good read? I have no interest in religion, but a good book is a good book.