NOOOOO it's impossible to get better at something by practicing!!! You're either born good at something or you're...

>NOOOOO it's impossible to get better at something by practicing!!! You're either born good at something or you're doomed to a life of mediocrity!!!!!!!!
Do you retards actually believe this? Is this just a cope?

Attached: 1568077980853.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Sorry what book did you read this is in?

I scanned through the catalog and only about 33 of the 150 threads in this board made a direct reference of a book/books. The majority of those threads were bait threads or stack threads.

Literally who said this? Post source OP.

get off lit mom

Its kind of true.
I can kind of draw but I'm not very good at it.
But I've met people that can't draw at all.

I see it parroted on here all the time. It may just be the same handful of people constantly repeating it. Go into the next thread that mentions "free will" and you will definitely see what I'm talking about.

It depends on both, and also the discipline you are trying to improve in, you stupid spergs.

user that's called essentialism (the opposite is constructivism).
scientifically many things are impossible to prove whether they are born or created because there is no control sample but somethings like height and health were shown (although not fully) to be part hereditary and part constructed.

People are born with differing amounts of innate potential to succeed, but obviously need to engage this potential with their behaviour for it to be realised. For example, your retardation is not for your lack of trying, but due to the low cognitive ceiling provided by your genetics.

This is basically the same as saying
>BODY BUILDERS WERE BORN MUSCULAR. YOU'RE EITHER BORN MUSCULAR OR YOU'RE DOOMED TO A LIFE OF BEING LANKY.
The people who parrot this sit on their ass all day and are too afraid to try anything so they use pessimism as a coping mechanism for being a failure. Meanwhile the 'genius' is pursuing multiple intellectual hobbies at a time and increasing their knowledge and skillset. A genius cannot become a genius if they have no passion, hobbies or interest. I don't understand how people believe geniuses are born genius. Have they ever heard of feral children? If Einstein was born in the wild he would be as stupid and savage as all of the other feral children. Do the people who believe geniuses are born genius also believe in pre-determinism? I can't imagine how anybody could come to this conclusion of geniuses being born genius, without using pre-determinism to get there.

Does nobody in this thread have any nuance? People are born with a genetic potential, things like early childhood nutrition and development impact this, then when you're an adult it depends on how much effort you put into the thing in question and how many resources are available to you. But people still have different genetic potentials.

That's so obvious that it doesn't need to be mentioned. Obviously a mentally retarded person isn't capable of becoming the next genius. We can only become better versions of ourselves, and there's no way to know your potential without trying. I'm pointing out the stupidity of their cope.

fair enough, i just see a lot of black and white thinking on this, when as you say, it should be very obvious.

Let your baby listen to avant-garde jazz and microtonal music to watch it become a savant
Our corporate friends have made sure this will never happen and only produced white key instruments

"We do not abandon any discipline for fear of not being the best at it" -- Epictetus.

>Do you retards actually believe this?
We "believe" in modern neuroscience, Yes.

Alright, link some 'modern neuroscience' that refutes neuroplasticity and refutes the fact that practice is needed to get better at anything. I'm all ears.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-17-16-30-28(1).png (1080x618, 193K)

My diary

Going from 1-20 vs 15-35 or 20-50. It's true to some degree. You can get better, but you probably can't reach the same level as the few who were practically born for it.

Delete your wojaks.

Attached: DIg5qdYXcAEFfjw.jpg (980x1121, 207K)