What's some good feminist literature?

Attached: zn6sv0-l.jpg (600x900, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fL-1kHxsavI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tiddies

juliette by the marquis de sade

Lol

OK so I'll just whip my gargantuan cock out in the middle of the road and You'll have to respect me.

OH GOD I'M GONNA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
IM COOOOOOMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: coomer.jpg (800x450, 31K)

I liked Andrea Dworkin & Barbara Ehrenreich's books

You have to read something by an ugly woman because they really see a different side of life from the rest of us.

As a young autistic (undiagnosed) white man I really enjoy the perspective of an articulate ugly woman. I can't explain it.

Yes, respect is earned based on behavior. Modesty and temperance are universally respected traits. Chastity is also worthy of respect because its opposite, being a big stupid whore, is socially degenerative.

scum manifesto

Moo moo moo. Fuck off.

Mary Wollstonecraft

>a woman has to modest in order to be respected
what did she mean by this?

Get this my friend.

>In Gut Feminism Elizabeth A. Wilson urges feminists to rethink their resistance to biological and pharmaceutical data. Turning her attention to the gut and depression, she asks what conceptual and methodological innovations become possible when feminist theory isn’t so instinctively antibiological. She examines research on anti-depressants, placebos, transference, phantasy, eating disorders and suicidality with two goals in mind: to show how pharmaceutical data can be useful for feminist theory, and to address the necessary role of aggression in feminist politics. Gut Feminism’s provocative challenge to feminist theory is that it would be more powerful if it could attend to biological data and tolerate its own capacity for harm.

Attached: CMy7FByUsAEszvN.jpg (900x1200, 184K)

ok i will bite. House of mango street seems pretty trendy. I found it shallow. Tombs of Atuan by k. Leguin might have a feminist side to it I guess. Still, feminism and literature do not usually match well as far as i read. If you can grasp Spanish i would recommend rosalia de castro or Alfonsina Storni. The latter is not as good but it is a feminist trend here in Spain.

Attached: 1565411420389.gif (625x626, 54K)

the second sex, third wave is garbo

>good feminist literature?
>good
>feminist literature
>feminist literature
>good
Is this a trick question?

Attached: 1558597692185.jpg (500x500, 109K)

this

Really strong answer. I can tell you tried really hard.

>good
Define your terms, my dude. How else do you expect a satisfactory answer?

>good
>feminist
Pick one (1)

Left Hand if Darkness is more explicit but The Dispossesed is actually a more interesting feminist text

No one respects a sloppy messy guy in a wifebeater. Why does no matter how a woman dresses or presents you need to respect them?

tired trope and comment

You're conflating different definitions of respect and placing false emphasis on the clothing. With the man, you may not admire his lifestyle choices, but you still accord him rights and privileges. Those rights and privileges are exactly what the woman's shirt is advocating for. The shirt isn't saying, admire me. It says, treat me like a person and not a sex object or a puppy.

Virginia Woolfe is a must. Octavia E. Butler for scifi, Margaret Atwood is a perennial darling (Surfacing, Blind Assassin are 10x better than Handmaidens) Alice Munro

I only don't treat men like sex objects and puppies because they're not cute or sexy. If there was a cute femboy I'd also slap his arse and flirt with him; conversely, I would approach a fat unattractive woman with the same stolid and unfriendly visage that I approach men with. It's got nothing to do with whether you have a pussy or not.

Also, why would they dress sexually if they don't want to be looked at sexually? If a man walked around dressed in skimpy clothes I bet a lot of women and fags would look at him sexually too. There's also the deeper point of women being pressurised into wearing slutty clothing by the corporations and patriarchal society which want women to be eye candy, and this is not even addressed.

Yes this. I never clicked with Left Hand but Dispossessed was amazing.

>A woman does not have to be modest in order to be respected.
Do these dumb cunts ever think about what they're saying?

based

I moved to Thailand because I was about to go postal over this feminism bullshit.
I'm not even exaggerating.

you could have just tried logging off the internet. but that wouldn't have helped, bc actually you just want to fuck kids.

Whatever Mary Shelley's mother wrote.

>You're conflating different definitions of respect
>Buy into my gender studies' framework of respect.
No.

>false emphasis on the clothing
What false emphasis? Appearance is a critical factor in determining the status of one's character and value.

>With the man, you may not admire his lifestyle choices, but you still accord him rights and privileges
Which is not respecting him, it's respecting his rights and privileges, not the matter of him looking like human trash which we shouldn't.
Ditto for the slut.

>It says, treat me like a person and not a sex object or a puppy.
Don't dress like trash or a slut then.
"You" are the one projecting the image of a lower quality human being, it is up to "You" to rectify that image problem.

Honestly the whole issue is a problem with the language utilized, if they just used "tolerate my life choices" most of the wind would be taken out of the sails of those that despise the ideology.

Attached: 1556747551666.png (545x724, 378K)

She doesn't, but I don't have to treat her the same as someone less promiscuous either.

So you're saying it's a right to have other people think of you in a certain way?

Margaret Atwood, Le Guin,

Attached: 1568723399795e.jpg (940x654, 138K)

youtu.be/fL-1kHxsavI

Rights and priviledges such as?

no use talking to idiots user

as if a woman could understand the concept of respect anyway. the shirt actually shows she can't

the /pol/ archive. just replace "man" with "woman"

The only correct answer and a fucking damn good book at that, and written by a man.
These neo-third-wave-feminists don't realize that the only way women can be subversive for men is through sex. It is with their bodies. The only way women are able to actually influence the world is with their bodies. Feminity. And sex.
Instead, these mindless cunts actually believe they'll succeed directly in politics, art or business. Preposterous. They can't compete against men that way.

Anna Karenina

if you want pussy you gotta play along. last week i missionary fucked this qt feminist girl i was assigned with and coomed on her leg. i am also a patrician gentleman with high taste for bushes so feminists breaking society standards is my fetish. sadly she only had a landing strip

Attached: Box A57 002.jpg (500x667, 160K)

based

poor girl. you just know she wants to be punished. i f i were allowed to punish her, she would like it. i would grab her by the shoulders, "STOP DRESSING LIKE A DAMN SLUT!" and she starts to cry. imagine dressing like this and no one evr tells you not to. no one has ever looked at you dressed like a damn prostitute and grabbed you and screamed "WHY ARE YOU DRESSED LIKE THIS! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!" you've heard stories about people doing this. you've heard about people who exist far away and don't want you to be nothing but a sexual object, and you don't know if you could believe the sotries or not, but some little part of you yearns for it so much that you push yourself so far towards the edge just wishing and praying for someone like that to come into your life and grab you by the hands and scream at you "STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF! YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY, YOU CAN BE BETTER!" every fucking day she gets dressed and looks at herself in the mirror and dreams that maybe this will finally be the day where someone tells her she could be good. like a new moon yearning for light to be cast upon her face. and how could the moon shine without the sun?

Attached: 1543879930962.png (158x179, 43K)

>reading spook literature

Attached: 1505950980515.png (238x211, 8K)

Lysistrata

not unless a jewish conspiracy props them up
but that really isn't competition

>fapping to that image

dumb cunt

I was going to ignore this topic but I want to say that the fact that feminism is even frequently discussed in relation to literature should be a huge concern and sign of death for the art form. It is now to a large degree a tool for female attention whoring.

Christine de Pizan

Agreed, men should be shot in the streets.

City of Women was pretty comfy.

That's a tumblr question. Ironically this a board about literature yet you can't read the difference between weaponized autism and social justice retardation.

Sexual Personae

PEOPLE have to be whatever their peers deem them necessary to be to deserve their respect

why can't women just shut the fuck up if they're going to be stupid?

The Feminine Mystique

Any book with informative guides on suicide

based coomer
May you COOM ferociously

Ahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaahha

Seriously though. Anything by nigella laws on or any good housewife/kitchen lord. Possibly make me a sandwich, the definitive guide.

Having a serious discussion about feminism on Yea Forums is difficult, user, you should know this (granted, serious discussion about it is more likely to occur here than on any other board). Feminism can be seen as flawed by the sheer virtue of the fact that it attempts to interpret history through a single overarching historical narrative. It's basically the same problem Marxism and also Fascism have in which a black and white narrative of a boogeyman (in this case patriarchy) who conspires against a perceived oppressed group. That's not even mentioning the problem of how the most mainstream variant of it strips it of any bite it might have had to instead reduce it to yet another consumer label.

Obviously, if you want to understand the bare basics of the movement, you'll want to read the standard books like The Vindication of The Rights of Women and The Second Sex, but personally, I think it's more insightful to read perspectives on gender politics that exist outside feminism as it helps give any feminist texts you do read some point of reference/comparison. The White Goddess by Robert Graves for instance offers an interesting take on how women have historically been portrayed. You might also want to look into people who claim to support the fundamental principles of feminism, but distance themselves from the mainstream "woke" feminists. Camille Paglia and Christopher Lasch are good examples of this.

TL;DR read feminist texts, but make sure you also familiarise yourself with alternate perspectives in order to get a more nuanced view on gender politics.

What's some good anti-feminist literature?

The classics.

Bronze age mindset

How can anyone respect a slut?

Good question

i know this fucking feel

Hey hey

Attached: C5F6B429-D52A-4B98-9F51-C65FE31F6BAC.png (1024x1022, 1.34M)

useless tripfag

Did you want some feminist theory rec, user?

Attached: FE_1996_Sadie Plant_001_p.jpg (1772x1181, 495K)

This will never happen. She'd just get pissed at you

yeah. women are fiercely competitive. they dress that way in order to be sexy, popular, higher status than other girls, and to attract highly valued mates. if you did that they would just see you as some dweeb ruining their chances of “winning at life”

have sex

GUESS WHAT

dilate

Attached: 1557421052714.jpg (843x903, 115K)

sneed

Well look at this shitposter pullin' up with 'is 'dated Yea Forums memes

women are cringe

cringe
based

shes a whore for cock and attention and damn you if you don't find her attractive

Why would I respect a woman, modest or not?
There is no reason to be rude or mean to women but also no reason to respect them.

Whatever Naomi Novik writes, because it's the ultimate bait and switch. You think they're strong, independent female characters throughout the first half of the story until you realize their fates are determined by and their entire world of goals is oriented around strong, powerful men... and they all end up liking it that way.

Equivocation on the meaning of "respect." Her shirt clearly means it in the sense of "treat with dignity," whereas you seem to be using a meaning more aligned with "defer to." You certainly don't need to lift someone up on a pedestal for no reason, but if you don't treat others with dignity, that makes you an asshole.

Explain? Sounds like schizo rant at first sight.

>treat me like a person and not a sex object
Then don't present yourself as one, cunt.

next level shit lmao
I know about the correlation between gut microbiome composition and mood but have never seen it linked to ideology. Worth reading?

or just because it's rude??

>ummm? sweetie? like? hello?

perform masculinity when you're on Yea Forums or return to reddit

meant for

In what way is left hand feminist?

Let me read a letter I recently received. "Dear Ned. Why have the Jannies seen fit to suppress our Sneed posting? Sincerely, A Concerned Yea Forums Shitposter."

Thank you for writing, Concerned. Of course, your question touches on one of the most basic biological impulses, with all its associated hopes and fears for the future of the board. I also detect some unspoken questions. Do our jannies really know what's best for us? What gives them the right to make this kind of decision for mankind? Will they ever deactivate the suppression field and let us sneed again?

Allow me to address the anxieties underlying your concerns, rather than try to answer every possible question you might have left unvoiced. First, let us consider the fact that for the first time ever, as a species, a shitpost free board is in our reach. This simple fact has far-reaching implications. It requires radical rethinking and revision of our genetic imperatives. It also requires planning and forethought that run in direct opposition to our neural pre-sets.

>Worth reading?

Yes, if only because it isn't afraid to boldly question feminist orthodoxy. The book does something different and contains interesting insights.

[This. Literally, Wollstonecraft invented the sarcastic bitch feminist motif. It is really impressive to see. Read a few chapters of A Vindication of the Rights of Women and you will have an idea of what you are getting your hands on. Also, you can check out Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. It is actually not too biased, looking more at a priveleged educated black woman's look at femininst, with her starting out the work by admiting her own privelege and position, but that she still finds these issues worrying. Not every essay is about feminism and I think that is by design to sell books, but her two-parter about her own rape experience is a solid example of an attempt to reach out to both men and women. She does not blame her attackers, she asks the society of men that judge rape victims to hold men accountable. Sometimes the writing is very Eat Pray Love or whatever, but it is straightforward and a great way to tackle feminism as an outsider because Gay herself feels an outsider to feminism due to her color. Also, she drops some good book references.]

Attached: 1568822546055989175779630559267.jpg (3264x1836, 1.41M)

why are you gimmickposting?

why live then desu senpai

Attached: 1567735911219.jpg (484x483, 98K)

[Nothing inside a vacuum. This is how I type and write, so this is how I type and write. Or, you know, my body, my choice or something [insert gimmick brackets here [ ] ]

Attached: 15688299433638473359825064369339.jpg (3264x1836, 1.67M)

read bell hooks

Bolshie Germany's Institute ov Sexual Research was dhe world's first institution to promote transvestism and same-sex eroticism. It was founded in 1919 by two hyphenated-germans, dhe cross-dressing faggot magnus-hirschfeld and arthur-kronfeld.

Dhe Antibolshies sacked dhe institute and burned its entire library ov books in dhe streets.

>Transsexualism

Attached: Kindle.png (622x816, 240K)

A Song of Ice and Fire book series.

meme take
Sade was a perverse hack and the grandfather of nihilism and the modern hedonistic way of life, that's why his work is so admired by another perverts like Sartre, Freud, Simone de Beauvoir and Lacan.

rent free?

am genuinely in love with Anne Frank. She was beautiful, witty, and graceful young woman who light was snuffed out far too early. I frequently fantasize about being Peter van Pels hiding with her. Oh god, just imagine deflowering that sweet girl on a lazy Amsterdam afternoon, lying and learn what each other's bodies were for. Now imagine nine months later, she's got a massive bulging stomach from carrying your child inside of her and it seems like she’s gonna pop any moment now. Her popped belly button makes it look like she's got a giant third boob where her stomach once was. She waddles around and can barely move half of the time. She's developed an insatiable craving for your dick and you've likewise developed a taste for her pussy. You’re both cooped up in an attic all day have nothing better to do besides fuck like an unsustainable third world population. You lie down on your back, she strips off her almost comically too small clothes and kneels on top of you. She grabs a hold of your rock hard cock, inserts it deep inside of her, and begins to ride you like a stallion.

Attached: download.jpg (176x286, 7K)