Why is this utter trash rated so highly?

Why is this utter trash rated so highly?

Attached: what.png (631x372, 135K)

pop things are generally bad and overrated, more news at 11.

Because It's entertaining If You're 13 and It's perfectly written as to monetize the short period in a man's life during which Dragons are objectively the coolest shit ever conceived.

Paolini came to my school once. He first did a backflip on stage, and then spent most of the time talking about how he spent an entire summer digging a massive hole in his backyard to hang out in. Dude was fucking weird.

Never heard of this book

yeah well it's never heard of you either

only children read it, therefore, only children rate it. what serious adult sits down and reads kid books to give them an honest rating?

The highest rated book on GR is Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix with a sample size exceeding 1 million

This is great

FUCKING REKT

FUCKING CHECKT

nice digits

Because is good.

He was a teenager when he wrote it and his parents owned a publishing company.

WITNESSED

Attached: 1566328347798.png (1280x799, 1.12M)

Shit was pretty great when I was a kid. Obviously you grow out of it, but I found it very entertaining. And it's a good little intro to more mature fantasy like the Lord of the Rings.

I read it at 13 and liked it but I looked at the prose today and was fucking appalled

Is it at least better than the golden compass?

REKT AND CHEKT

>more mature fantasy like the Lord of the Rings.
Is there actually any "mature fantasy" besides Lord of the Rings?

Malazan

yes, the bible

Book of the new sun

Gravity's Rainbow

CHECKT

Gormenghast, chivalric romance, chanson de geste, and the Greeks

book of the new sun x2

3.9 is actually an absolute shit rating for fantasy/ya. In those categories 4.2 is basically the passing grade.

The real headscratcher is why sandersons garbage is consistently 4.5+, but of course its all sample selection.

Okay user, I'll check it out

>mature ‘fantasy’
>it’s actually sci-fi

You have to be one of the worst, most despised writers of all time to get under a 3 on Goodreads and even the there's still a good chance to get a decent score.

SHREKED

scifi is a subgenre of fantasy

No. Scifi is about the other and the unknown, the inhuman. There is no human reflection in it, it is alien and inhuman. Fantasy tickles atavistic mythological archetypes and is about man and internalities.

Same, It's like my Kevin J. Anderson books. Fun as a kid but unappealing as an adult

Dying Earth

Sounds like a pretty cool and down to earth guy to me.

Literally because of nostalgia. I ever even read that shit when I was younger, but I remember the cover page everywhere.

The same reason this piece of shit is. YA lit is all trash, people laud it because that one time in middle school when the teacher read it aloud was the last time most normies had any interaction with a book.

Oops, forgot pic.

Attached: 9780812550702_custom-14b6b3e2b8be027acc868fa0aba0670be8900168-s6-c30.jpg (948x1566, 66K)

Wheel of Time

Attached: 1380121946370.gif (500x372, 410K)

Based, based, a thousand times based!

This

Not him but do you wanna know how I know you dont read scifi?

Really, like an actual backflip?

based autist

Yeah, it was pretty impressive actually.

I read Eragon around that age and thought it was shit

beats me. I tried reading it as a kid and it felt like it dragged on longer and more monotonously than the lord of the rings.

genres are defined by the audience not the content.

> 3.89
> good
i don't read any book below 4.0