Aside from building vocabulary that’s only good for pretentious pseud conversations...

Aside from building vocabulary that’s only good for pretentious pseud conversations, does reading classics actually do anything to sharpen one’s thinking skills? Studies don’t seem to indicate anything of the sort.

Attached: images.jpg (234x216, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insidescience.org/news/win-nobel-prize-science-make-art
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Studies don’t seem to indicate anything of the sort.
Source?

insidescience.org/news/win-nobel-prize-science-make-art
Influential scientists are more likely to have artistic hobbies compared to non-influential scientists.
Scientists who are hobby writers are 12x more likely to win a nobel prize. Scientists who are performance artists are 22x more likely to win a nobel prize.
There's Newton, Galileo, Einstein, Da Vinci among many others. Polymaths born exceptional, it's their array of hobbies and interests that cause them to be great.

Polymaths AREN'T born exceptional*

well as they say, god is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

Couldn't it simply be the case that more creative minds who innovate in their scientific fields are more likely to engage in artistic hobbies? I very much doubt that hobbies cause the innovation.

Art captures the essence of life. Reading about the imaginary struggles of imaginary characters morally trains you and makes your thinking more nuanced.

I lived in a non-nurturing environment through all my childhood into adolescence. Absolutely nothing about my circumstances indicated or even slightly suggested any type of "greatness." I found myself reading and indulging in the arts nonstop however. Started immediately with the classics because they made me feel smarter than I actually was. I'm currently at a top 3 uni and don't think I'd have the same sort of thought processes I do without having read what I did in my youth.

Yes they are. Hard work is one thing, but if you’re truly a genius, you are able to absorb knowledge and do things in two steps where it would normally take 15 for normal people.

>Studies don’t seem to indicate anything of the sort.
Studies are made by sophipsichologists and seething STEM tards that can't admit that there's anything Worthy of being learned outside their field.

>is this classic novel a good self-help book? will it make me successful? how many intelligence points will i get from grinding all the greeks? somebody give me a scientifically tested regimen of art exposure that will maximize my personality gains
don't bother, your brain is already broken irreparably

Why are you acting as of reading the greeks would be very grindy? Actually try reading the Iliad or Odyssey before talking about how everyone is only reading them for pseud reasons. They are in and of themselves great stories and reading them isn't as much of a chore(especially of you take it slow, by reading only 2-3 books at a time) as you might believe.

i guess you're as bad at clicking as you are at reading.

what studies? you're talking out of your ass op

This
Why have STEMfags become such talibans?

Don't feel like writing anything longer but understand that. Thought is pattern, all is pattern because understanding is a predicative of thought. All is a mentality in which we ourselves exist within, and as Socrates taught one can only be at the freest to see truth, the things in themselves, apart from limited representation. Philosophy, a pattern of a pattern, beyond limited 3 dimensions, and 4 by some instances. Up is down and down up, left nor right. It simply is by its own emotive context. A mentality by which we now know ourselves and by that, others. I could write for a very long time on such a subject; it leads me to another question. These recent conclusions makes one think as if perception is but the thought of a thought. By its own self reflection is it some innate and continually enduring being. Which sustains it as something apart from phenomenological existence, but not from progression - as self actualisation.

Hope this answered your question user.

Attached: Heros - Arno Breker.jpg (317x423, 31K)

Yeah you mix difficult words together and call it a phrase. Really, that’s the whole business with writing and shit
Just why do people see structure in literary works, like in every aspect of Nature and human behaviour, I just can’t get it. I guess it’s all random and we interpret all things how we feel them haha
Now get out of this board, there’s nothing worthy to see.

>Just why do people see structure in literary works, like in every aspect of Nature and human behaviour, I just can’t get it. I guess it’s all random and we interpret all things how we feel them haha

Attached: facepalm wojak.gif (645x773, 16K)

They realized they couldn't really explain shit either.

...fuck This shit I'm out.

That was sarcasm you utter autist

Tu quoque Wojakke

STEM or humanities, though?

ur thought patterns are like a plate of spaghetti

That may be true but I would doubt that the polymaths would great if they stuck solely to science and rejected art.
I also believe, contrary to the pessimistic loser's belief, that it's possible for an average person to cultivate passion for art and cultivate creativity to become a better version of themselves(although this won't necessarily make them top-of-their-field).

Then explain why the fart-sniffing "geniuses" on this board are unable to tie their shoes or leave their basement.

genius is subjective in that context. the beautiful poetry they dedicate to farts comes as a result of them being socially inept. it's like they hyper-specialize on a certain set of disciplines and neglect other.
God bless them.

My IQ is probarly not in the triple digits but even i find my self feeling more sharper in my vocalbulary aswell in my ability to process information when reading quicker.

>so yes user, keep reading

Being smart doesn't really help you much if you are unable to communicate your ideas.

Well part of the reason they don't dedicate themselves to just one art is that they enough intellectual capacity AND curiosity to do both. I do agree that everyone should strive to better themselves though. Intelligence is highly hereditary though.