Whats a good book that really goes with a comfy melancholy aesthetic?

Whats a good book that really goes with a comfy melancholy aesthetic?

Something that gets that right ratio where its not suicidal despair, but deep loneliness cloaking you like a warm fuzzy blanket. Not that gay emo teen girl stuff either.

I think I've gotten addicted to that maudlin feeling when you've had a couple shots of whiskey and you're in your room watching anime alone on a friday night, when out of the corner of your eye you see fluorescent moonlight pouring through the shades of your window. So you peer out and see Diana in all her glory looking down at you, and you just can't help but stop for a few minutes to admire her beauty. Anything good to go with this moment?

Idk if how I've written it was cringey or not but it was a real moment I had last winter when the ground was covered in snow too, and I have to admit it was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Music kind of goes with the mood I'm trying to get at.
youtube.com/watch?v=8xEmtvNErhg
youtu.be/9v6u9pNADH4
youtu.be/MOCyanijD8U
youtu.be/nQd7sSXVw3U
youtu.be/jM9PEqcz3Ls

Attached: endymion-hans-thoma.jpg (733x900, 59K)

I would be your friend, if we lived closer.

Where do you live friendo?

I live in the midwest.

have sex

no u

With you? I’m down ;)

i like that painting

Attached: C6146449-3ED3-4CF7-9B90-B75221286F26.jpg (1032x1195, 555K)

Give Jesus' Son a read

>when out of the corner of your eye you see fluorescent moonlight pouring through the shades of your window. So you peer out and see Diana in all her glory looking down at you, and you just can't help but stop for a few minutes to admire her beauty.

This is the definition of purple prose. Do you want to read sugar coated art hoe melancholy lit?

OP what you’re looking for is Pan by Knut Hamsun. Your welcome

will it get me a melancholy art hoe gf?

>Do you want to read sugar coated art hoe melancholy lit
Also sure I guess if there are any decent ones

I got so fed up trying to find a book like that that I decided to start my own. I actually came here to post it on the critique thread if there was one up right now. I suggest you do the same, user. Put that atmosphere into words in your own story.

Attached: hMSYFJ4RmpjWJorhFhy5zkXZ2HHxZrgsksInnbBpGYw.jpg (876x768, 87K)

Journey to the End of the Night

>watching anime
stopped reading right there
you're a fucking man child

Stop trying so hard, brainlet

Attached: kitsu.gif (500x434, 598K)

You are wrong. He has a purple theme, but his prose is really basic, rather the contrary of purple.

endymion is cute

Well yeah thats why Diana made him sleep forever to keep him forever beautiful, then kidnapped him and raped him and had a bunch of kids with him.

Attached: Diana-endymion-L.jpg (525x365, 31K)

Endymion, Narcissus, Ganymede, Eros, Hylas and Hyacinth harem anime when

Attached: Gabriel_Joseph_Marie_Augustin_Ferrier_-_Ganymede,_1874.jpg (1054x1600, 590K)