When a man from the "greatest generation" bequeaths his library to his grandchildren before being put into a retirement...

When a man from the "greatest generation" bequeaths his library to his grandchildren before being put into a retirement home.

Can you paint the picture of this man? He is quite the character... my grandfather in law.

Which ones, if any, should I take? (more to follow)

Attached: cursed 0.jpg (2576x1932, 499K)

He grew up in Los Angeles and was raised in an abusive household.

Attached: cursed 1.jpg (2576x1932, 406K)

By a twist of fate, while escaping some hood rats, he fled into an office. That office was a recruiting office for the United States Air Force.

Attached: cursed 2.jpg (2576x1932, 406K)

He enlisted, and did well during basic and technical training. Eventually he was assigned to an intelligence unit while an NCO. In a story that would take too long to tell, he was gang-raped by his co-workers.

Attached: cursed 3.jpg (2576x1932, 338K)

Shortly thereafter he attempted to commit suicide, but was stopped by Security Forces (MPs). He was sent to a mental facility in Texas and given an honorable discharge.

Attached: cursed 5.jpg (1920x2576, 416K)

Returning to California, he entered university to become a high school teacher for reasons I cannot understand.

Attached: cursed 6.jpg (1920x2576, 337K)

After graduating, he soon gained employment in southern California, but as an elementary school teacher instead of a high school teacher.

Attached: cursed 7.jpg (1920x2576, 359K)

There he met who would later become his wife, the principle of that school. Together they raised a few daughters, both of whom became teachers themselves.

Attached: cursed 8.jpg (2576x1932, 360K)

I've heard good things about American Nations, the Universal History of Numbers, Who We Are and How We Got Here, and the Tell-Tale Brain, though I have read none of them.

His books indicate that he was a faggot

Take the history of art and maybe the intro to linguistics if you haven't studied it yet
Burn the rest

Take Janson's History of Art if it's not a field you're familiar with, maybe some math from the 2nd pic (though /sci/ could judge their worth better then me), the book on impressionism, and the one on linguistics.
It's sad what sort of garbage people keep on their shelves. An old man, with death getting closer and closer, wasted his time on anti-Trump propaganda, Dawkins, and some shitty pop science that reeks of leftism the moment you see the cover.

Awful taste. Nothing but "muh Drumpf" memes, fedora atheism, and STEMlette core books. Your gay ass little story didn't help either. Just donate or throw them all away, and be done with it.

All of those are pretebtious shit

Sorry but he seems like a brainlet
Especially based on the orange man bad books - never got the appeal. Its like they derive some sick pleasure from being angry about trump

Keep the books by Dawkins and Hawking, and the coffee table books.

The math books are for the kids he teaches, not for him (algebra and geometry?) Probably the pop science books too. You might see if your in-laws could use them.

>An old man, with death getting closer and closer, wasted his time on anti-Trump propaganda

I might have done the same in his place. He was old and it was too late to change everything. He spent his whole life with politicians totally different from Trump and Obama. Probably never expected Trump to jump from the Democrats to the Republicans.

> In a story that would take too long to tell, he was gang-raped by his co-workers.

That escalated quickly.

But what you should do with the books left by your sodomized grandpa is open an ebay account and sell them by the weight because that shit is worthless... much like your grandpa anus.

If you see a young man walking down the street wearing a trilby, which he thinks is a fedora, give the books to him. (Keep and sell the Janson art history book.)

The replies in this thread reek of Reddit. None of those books interest me but thanks is for the story OP. An author once suggested that as a minimum we should keep a journal that describes what we are reading at the time. It’s interesting to look back on my own life and how it has changed, what books I was reading and what I felt while reading them.

>Democrats to the Republicans
he is neither
he is our first representative of the spectacle

He mightve been a great person but his taste in literature does not paint him a flattering picture

That would be Reagan

take the bookend

Philosemitic pseudo-intellectual boomer. Bluepill overdose.

ITT
Brainlets and pseuds from red dit shitposting their hatred of things they cannot fathom. Their groupthink of political correctness blinds them from literary truths and freedoms.
I inherited a large library from my Grandmother, an English teacher. I kept the ones that interested me, sold some, and donated the rest. Don't let the fedora wearing class dictate anything to you user.
Keep on thinking free, fuck everyone else.