Was he right?

Was he right?

Attached: 727999A9-1687-462A-B17A-0223BFC0FD22.jpg (675x363, 38K)

Attached: 9A1C8945-77FF-49DB-BB91-FD076D24A5E6.jpg (850x440, 61K)

how the fuck would the retards on here know

the more i read and learn the more depressed i get, and the only tonic is to read more

my Will to Coom will never be satisfied.

Maybe in a higher dimension

This does sound like peak Protestantism when you think about it. Almost none of the great 19th century German thinkers fully escaed the clutch of Protestant cuckoldry ultimtely, not even Nietzsche.

makes sense.
The smarter you are the more you can cope.
Like if a normie wrre sent to a mars mission and had to stay there hed be driven mad.
Whereas a smart guy could spend his time doing maths, philosophy or astronomy.

no

How would you know that fish feels less pain than human?

Profound

this is really optimism given the inevitability of heat death

user that's not even vaguely what schopenhauer was saying. He was saying that as we become smarter we'll choose not to have children because life is shit and we'll increasingly recognize that.

Attached: 1540585427695.png (681x515, 176K)

If I didn't find theism more compelling than the Will, I'd think Schopenhauer was right about everything.

Why do you find theism more compelling than the will?

>This does sound like peak Protestantism when you think about it.
how so?

So emo.

cringe. science says one thing yesterday, another thing today, something new tomorrow. evolution, heat death, big bang, all that shit is just theories my guy. read about electric universe for another theory. realize it's all just copes by labcoats. philosophy is the only true domain

what a fucking chad

Past a certain age...

Attached: marty.jpg (250x280, 7K)

philosophy is pure cope

It's Schopenhauer, ofc he is right.

Or doing drugs to make you dumb/er

I'm going to have kids just to experience the phenomenon. Sex is pretty decent so I expect having a half-me will be fucking crazy. I've already had to take care of my nieces and nephews so I know what demons kids can be but it reallt is quite simple.

based but don't say children are demons they are based as long as they're not hyper dimwits with neglectful parents just raise them right

Schopenhauer's entire philosophy came from him being a creepo incel cope. Its bascially
>Im a sad sack therefore everyone else should be sad sacks

Schopenhauer made the mistake of thinking his third rate intellect represented a culmination of human intelligence. In reality the greatest minds seem to have had a constant and indefatigable interesr in life and people.

The speculative nature of his metaphysics aside where was his logic flawed?

I hope not. I've had similar thoughts and I want to be wrong with him.

I agree with everything he says but I'd still like to know how the he he came up with his conclusion about the human mind with philosophy.