Hi guys, might i trouble you for a bit of help? I am trying to solve a test, question is in the pic

Hi guys, might i trouble you for a bit of help? I am trying to solve a test, question is in the pic

Attached: 64684.jpg (663x287, 28K)

Yes

i'm gonna go with D

That is what i would say too, but i don't wanna mess it up. This is for a job interview and i have 45 minutes remaining to answer correctly

Go with N-

I'd go with D too.

>t. SAT 2290 fag

I don't think this sentence would benefit from active voice:
>Interior decorators, wanting to add to the look of a study, office, or living room, are often the buyers of the most aesthetically pleasing volumes, the leather bound volumes or the volumes with beautiful bindings.

What exactly is the faulty parallelism in that sentence what am i missing?

>Interior decorators often buy aesthetically pleasing, leather hound, and beautifully binded volumes to add to the look of a study, office or living room.
Pretty sure they want this

Yep

>t. ACT 36 fag

I think you are right and i wanna go with D but i am not seeing what the faulty parallelism is here? What is there to correct?

>study, office, or of a living room

are people taking this test just supposed to know what a "faulty parallelism" is off the top of their head?

The faulty parallelism is the relation between “most aesthetically pleasing volumes” and the leather bound volumes / volumes with beautiful bindings. An easy fix would be to remove the comma after “leather bound volumes” and place it after “beautiful bindings”

Thanks guys, i am blind apparently

D it is

no that’s not it at all. See

jk I didn’t see the “of” and was grasping

This whole sentence is just a fucking train wreck

Literally the only answer that is definitely not correct.

This is probably the right answer, but I still don't care for the active voice. Because there's still a pretty strong push in academia to avoid author-referencing pronouns (even if we/our is becoming more acceptable), passive voice tends to make something sound more academic. This isn't what you want for active writing (particularly fiction and rhetoric), but it's often good for discourse, for laying out facts. Since the excerpt seems more discursive to me, passive voice seems more appropriate.
But I know, active voice dogmatism probably means that, since this is a multiple-choice test, whoever programmed the test doesn't give a shit.

Never mind I didn’t read EXCEPT
Lol

re-read the question

In these types of tests you almost always go with the general rule. Besides, this question is obviously D so it doesn’t matter.

I went with D, the other 29 questions all followed the general rule so i don't think this question is an exception.

Thanks for the help everyone, D was correct as well as all the other answers i chose.

People posting on this board are supposed to