I want to start believing in God

I want to start believing in God.
Where do I start?

Attached: Michelangelo's__God_,_from__the_Creation_of_Adam_.jpg (771x1080, 206K)

You ever notice how in this painting God is reaching out to Adam but Adam doesn't reach back for God?

You already know.

Lobotomy

Does that mean Adam is a traitor? I'm supposed to hate him, right?
Could you tell me more facts like this which will lead me through life?

Sumerian paganism. Not what you expected, but you'll see what I mean.

Here's 3 really good Christian books that solidified my faith :
Blaise Pascal - Pensées
The Journals of Kierkegaard
Kierkegaard - Fear and Trembling

The book that personally made me dive into faith was The Kybalion by Three Initiates, it's a somewhat recent hermetic text but it lays foundations for supernatural beliefs.

You shouldn't start by believing in God, but by having faith in God. Big difference.

Retard of retards, that is you.

Critias (dialogue)

Attached: 1536673917289.gif (413x240, 2.22M)

No It's meant to make you reflect. How many times did God reach for you and you ignored him? Once you're appropriately humbled by the realization of your own brainlettism, You can start praying.

I also started with the Kybalion and moved on to Pensées. The Kybalion is more of a humbling experience that makes you question your position on metaphysical claims, not necessarily guiding you into any one direction.

>Kybalion

Attached: benjamin-franklin-wc-9301234-1-402.jpg (300x300, 8K)

How am I supposed to respond to this?

with all these lit guides and so on we should probably make a mega folder for them or something.

I dont think you can rationalize faith.

Attached: hack.png (1563x961, 84K)

With yourself

If that were the case then you could not rationalize your choice of object in which you have faith. It’s not as if you apply faith randomly to whatever it latches onto. Otherwise we would have millions of religions, and no dominating religions.

I meant that faith is something largely irrational.

The act of believing requires both faith and reason

In what way?

It's really not. Despite Kierkegaard's presumption the actual role of Faith is that of giving you strenght when something you rationally accept as true is in doubt. The Argument for the existance of God is a rational one, Faith enters the equation when something makes you doubt it.

Do you believe that tomorrow will exist by reason alone?

Can someone explain what God even is? I don't even understand how the trinity works.

God is Truth

Attached: ADAECE57-33BB-4CEF-AD11-EA6E8422D2D6.jpg (500x750, 68K)

Doesn't this lead to pantheism?

Attached: Trinity-Is-IsNot.jpg (1108x1080, 38K)

No, God (Truth) is a subject that understands itself as such.

Yes, I get that. But why is God in 3 and not just God?
Would you say God is good too? As in, he IS good.

Asking us is a bit cruel, obliging us with such bait.
Ask God or angels or your ancestors...

God IS good in that good is that which tends to existence (what else can “good” mean?). Since God gives existence to all things, whether they be subjectively good or bad to parts of the creation, God is objectively good. But God is especially good to humans who seek Him.

Does God even have a personality?

The Trinity is a mystery, a contradiction in catholic tradition that can not be unravelled. The Son is God, the Father is God, and The Holy Ghost is God, but these are not separate modes of God, as heretical modalists would tell you, but they are all God. One God, not three.

You do not have to understand God. Just put your faith in him foremost, and do the works that Jesus said were good. Heal the sick, feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty. Have righteous justified love of yourself, and love your neighbour. Do not lie.

>I want to start believing in God.

Why? Also, which god?

Wasnt it holy trinity + mary back in a day?

That’s a vague question. God has attributes that we can relate to human traits

If I don't even understand what God is, how could I place my faith in him? Wouldn't that be similar to the cave allegory? Why would I do something without understanding why?

Such as?

We were created in His image.
Is your understanding of everything you do perfect? If it is, you are a greater man than I, and greater than any I have ever met.

love, justice, personal consolation

God works in mysterious ways

>We were created in His image.
Obviously it’s not a physical image. So what do you think it means?

The jury is still out, but I think .TIFF has great potential