How do you bring yourself to read when you hate yourself for not doing and being enough?

How do you bring yourself to read when you hate yourself for not doing and being enough?

Attached: 5A67D932-FEC0-4F63-B1AF-2C45EA07E287.jpg (543x548, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1DVYiQ232PZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I read to escape

Everything I see in a book just reminds me of how much I hate myself and how I’m too lazy and undisciplined too do anything and that if I even try to fix my shit together, like the last 7 times Idid, I will fail again and return to my usual habits after a couple of months

Attached: 7DFD05B1-B2EB-4F43-B47F-BD64B7C606C9.jpg (640x458, 67K)

I look*
sorry i’m tired

I don't. I play video games and embrace my mediocrity. I realized that the moment I stopped trying and accepted things as they are, I became happy.

But I fucking hate everything. I can’t enjoy anything. And I love my country too much.

I can’t read anymore because I have terrible tinnitus. Going to kill myself, I think.

How long have you had tinnitus for? What if it goes away? Have you tried any treatment options?

If you're feeling this shit about yourself for no reason you need to read philosophy.
This is only if you have no reason for feeling like this though.
Do your parents treat you well?
Do your peers treat you well?
Are you in debt?
Can you freely spend a decent amount of money?
Are you eating healthily, and limiting sugar intake?
Are you in control of your sleeping?
Are you proud of your body?
Are you satisfied with your appearance?
Are you in work or education?
Do you have a reason to leave the house daily?

I’ve had it for years in the background and it never really bothered me, but it got so loud about two months ago and it keeps getting louder; I hear it over everything. I’m getting a head scan this week but it’s not like they can do anything anyway. I can’t focus on anything, failing all my classes, I can’t just sit and be or read or anything. Going fucking insane. Take care of your ears, lads.

No industrial work?
Try carnivore diet for a few weeks

My issue is that I never do enough. I have read philosophy and enjoyed it, but I never fucking do enough. I plan to get into politics someday, so why don’t I do enough? I don’t even go to school when Im supposed to. Every time I have, I went for a few months and then why full NEET mode for even longer. I’ve had this since I was 11. I think of what I don’t do and my fear of people, and it brings me down. And when I think of how many times I failed I wonder why I even bother, when I know that I’m to fail again.
My parents are fine, my peers are fine, I’m not in debt, I can spend money if I like (not much), I go on binges because of my lack of self control, I despise my appearance, I can sleep okay but find it hard to wake up due to not wanting to deal with the world, I’m in education but I rarely go, and I have many reasons to leave the house but I just won’t. Even thinking of my future makes me want to physically puke.

Work around aeroplanes, listened to music too loud for years, play drums, ear infections. I never had a chance. I’m going to try fasting for a while, see if that helps, but I might try carnivore in the future.

Would you say you're not too confident in regards to your choice of major?
Do you want to have children in the future?

Not majoring, still in sixth form. I don’t want children or any romantic relations, ideally I’d be married to my country and working in politics. However, I cannot leave the house because I’m so stuck with this shitty habit of not leaving the house. Every attempt I’ve done to go against this habit has only led to my hopes getting crushed, and even further depression.

Why does thinking about your future make you want to puke if you have this clear image of working in politics in mind? That doesn't sound so bad.
Also stop beating yourself up man. If you're not wanting to go out it's not because you're a bad person, there's obviously something wrong with you, or you would go out, right? Because you want to? If you didn't want to you wouldn't be so panicked about not doing it. So, because you're not there's something wrong with you, out of your control, that's preventing you from doing what you want.
Good people realise they have problems, and want to change. You know that engaging in high-dopamine activities like excessive masturbation, excessive sugary food binging, excessive video-game playing etc can burn out your dopamine receptors, right? Meaning you won't be able to do low-reward activities through without forcing yourself out, which is going to stress you to fuck.
Can you think of any addictive habits that you regularly participate in that seem to fit this description that you regularly partake in?

I have a clear image in mind but judging by how I've behaved for the past few years (even my whole life to some extent), I'm never going to attain it. I know that I'm hyperbolic when I say that it's impossible, but it practically is considering my circumstances. I'm not charismatic and my work ethic is below shit. I feel like if I don't beat myself up over it I'll just be enabling myself to get even worse. And yeah, I do engage in all of those high-dopamine activities. Thanks for pointing it out, I do feel a lot better when I go on dopamine fasts. On top of those things I also constantly shitpost here, drink loads of caffeine, and have little habits like chewing my nails, biting my lips/pens, etc. Thanks for being patient with me, I know Yea Forums isn't the place for venting

No worries man. I think you're just pushing yourself a little hard. You don't have to rush into politics, like you don't have to rush into anything else. I'm 23 and I've just started a foundation program in engineering. Go at whatever pace is comfortable for you. Also, by God, do something creative on the side that makes you proud. It'll do you wonders.
Also meditations if you haven't read it already.

I don't read.

vocaroo.com/i/s1DVYiQ232PZ

>trying this hard to fit in with le edgy everyone's a reddit faggot xD crowd

The image was posted from a phone...

I read good books about miserable people. Rereading C&P right now. Just finished Life and Times of Michael K. and Nausea this past week.

What's so bad about going outside ? What happens when you do ?

Just take your book and go outside somewhere; be it a park bench, cafe, library, on the bus/train etc.

Eventually you'll just foster a habit and get over it