People actually enjoy this drivel? Unfucking believable. I've never read a anime with such unlikeable characters

People actually enjoy this drivel? Unfucking believable. I've never read a anime with such unlikeable characters.

Attached: q.jpg (1200x675, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1jHJcUed2UW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's about how I felt when I left the womb, so yes, I like eva to an extent

The only people who shit on Evangelion are ironic weebs who only recently watched it because it got released on Netflix, then complain because "omg this is nothing like Neptunia", "umm wtf? where are the cute girls doing cute things?". Their opinions should be promptly discarded

>I've never read a anime with such unlikeable characters
missing the point

>Netflix
Oh fuck, it just dawned on me, are people actually watching the nexflix sub? The one that doesn't even translate signs, fails to properly un-translate what were originally english poems, and completely fucks up some of kawuro's dialogue?

Eva is shit. Anno stumbled over depression and esoteric concepts once. That's all it is.

watch Lain instead, it's the less cope-y version of it which is why the mainstream doesn't watch it, because it also has philosophy and Yea Forums references

>read an anime

You’re not supposed to like them

Then what's the fucking point?

>likeable characters == good anime/book
You'll have a hard time reading and watching stuff.

It doesn't have anything else going for it, methinks. Maybe its because its just not a good re-watch but outside of the events there's nothing really catching unless you're really REALLY into 14 year old pussy. I'll contrast this with something with good characters who you want to see shit happen to, whereas Anno's characters are going to bitch and moan and do nothing surprising.
Maybe I've just experienced too much of Eva and its ripoffs to properly enjoy it anymore but that's also a flaw within itself, I'd argue.

>Characters have to be likeable for the work to be good
Neck yourself, you puerile retard

Anime is shit. Evangelion is the only good anime.

Where else am I going to get my fill of manly men beating the fuck out of demons?

>read a anime

What are you doing in the literature board if you don't know the answer to this question?

Despite all the memery around it, Evangelion is masterpiece. Some dude posted this here.

1/2

Attached: EoEpasta1.jpg (1308x525, 159K)

2/2

Attached: EoEpasta2.jpg (1319x290, 89K)

Wrong. The correct answer was "to be entertained"

Even if you can't bear the philosophical aspects the show has astounding visuals to appreciate.

Attached: giantrei.jpg (550x309, 40K)

Shinji and Rei are intentionally boring/simple which I quite like, it's symptomatic of some of the best anime (ie SEL). The only problem I have is with the moral of the story and random religious symbolism splurging out everywhere to fill in the story's holes especially the ending.

It was cool the first time but that's it.

the religious symbolism is not pointless

Attached: jorjani (evangelion).jpg (974x3383, 961K)

>what is saint seiya
Kill your self immediately.

>unlikeable characters.
lol you claim to be Yea Forums yet "unlikeable characters" is enough for you to dismiss something?
ngmi

Attached: image.jpg (291x500, 62K)

Your not supposed to “like” the characters, retard. Nearly every character has some psychological trauma that influences their actions, and this leads them to being unable to understand and interact with one another. These misunderstandings put Shinji into a deeper and deeper depression as the show goes on (as well as the stress and identity of an EVA pilot).
Brainlet response

Interesting enough to read but I don't buy it.

But what if I did

Heh, I immediately compared Evangelion with Wuthering Heights right after finishing both. Their plots are very different, yet they are similar in a sense that you start reading/watching expecting a tale of good people nobly fighting the fate. Instead you get an incredible freakshow about destroying each other and suffering.

There's copious references to the Dead Sea Scrolls in the show. You think that's an accident?

Utena is leagues better

Attached: 954.png (701x646, 551K)

Nigger, Anno said that none of it meant anything, and he wouldn't have put so much western mysticism in if he knew that he was going to have so many western fans who'd find that shit meaningful

>Anno said that none of it meant anything
he's just trying to throw you off

Litteral lgbt sissification propaganda. Authors should be drawn and quartered.

Authors intentions don't matter. Often they don't understand the significance of their own work. This was noted as far back as Plato.

Yes we enjoy what is essentially weeb GR

vocaroo.com/i/s1jHJcUed2UW

Stop. Just stop. It was funny the first few times, but now it's just annoying. Also, do you see that little arrow by the head title? You can click on it and then click on "Hide Thread" if you don't like it. Or even better, just don't even click on the thread if you don't like the topic. Just stop with your faggy vocaroo recordings

Death Parade is pretty gud

Why are you replying to bait? Stop it.

Fuck you tranny

All anime including NGE is bad and anyone who enjoys it is a potbellied subhuman who will never make it.

Attached: jdiAMM8839.jpg (610x582, 43K)

>Why are you replying to bait? Stop it.
Why shouldn't we? Calm down.

I enjoyed Eva the first go round but in the years since I've grown to hate it. What can I do to rekindle that love?

Re-watch it. Alternatively, watch the reboot movies to gain a new appreciation of the original

I've done both recently, the 3rd film in the Rebuilds was unironically my favorite but I still hate all of it in general.

That's good sense. Thinking there was deeper meaning to weebshit was your first mistake.

>"oh, you like Monster, Mushishi, and Lain?"
>"you would LOVE NGE!"
>watch it
>high school
>mech warriors
>woah dude references
>"bro trust me it gets good, the ending makes all the filler worth it"
>last two episodes are some high school level takes on psychoanalysis
>half assed art film montages
>ends
>"bro it's really deep though, must have gone over your head"

Attached: 1520438267923.jpg (480x481, 32K)

>he likes monster

Attached: 1518965831733.jpg (718x1050, 160K)

It has magnitudes more philosophical content than NGE

>ThE ChArAcTeRs In A PiEcE oF mEdIa MuSt Be LiKeAbLe

Kill yourself you fucking scrub.

NGE is beyond mere philosophy

Convince me to watch Utena. Give me some analogues, whether they're books or films or whatever

the third film is fucking awful

Shit, I need to read GR

okay, I've actually read GR now, how is it anything like NGE?

How's it not?

Attached: sgdsd.png (549x45, 3K)

more ways than you can count

There are actually quite a few japtoons that use German, its not unique to Eva at all.

I always figured it was a leftover of being cobelligerents with the Deutschbags.

im waiting :)

Attached: p.png (1203x1416, 318K)

so am I, you never answered my question

yes I did

Attached: rd.png (990x317, 68K)

I know you're probably trolling, but there is a movie that actually ends it. The last two episodes you're supposed to watch after the movie, they couldn't afford to animate the actual ending while it was airing.

Eva was shit i couldnt finish it becuase the red haired bitch was insufferable

The flick just makes it more stupid, tv ending was fine.
I hate her as well but I forced myself to finish it which is probably worse.

sounds like you just have shit taste

I'm not the one praising anime.

>certain media are inherently bad
Don't go there laddy

Was it based or cringe?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)