Is this the space anime version of The Iliad?

Attached: 0341F0C4-9401-4477-9ECE-808EC42C4CF1.jpg (613x346, 90K)

Operation Ragnarok isn't a Trojan Horse but a diversion, so no.

Three Kingdoms meets War and Peace, more like.

But the trojan horse wasn’t even in The Iliad

Napoleonic Wars, except Prussia gets Napoleon

not really

What's up with the aesthetic of the blonde boy in anime noticing pattern Griffith from berserk, Reinhard heroes of the galactic galaxy and Joseph from monster.

It literally reads like Tesco Value W&P m8

It’s supposed to be a contrast with the other main protagonist. In this case, Reinhard is romantic, beautiful, radical monarch which is opposite to the plain-faced, simple, down-to-earth democrat that is Yang.

The peace parts have no similarities to LOGH. When LOGH is not about war, it’s almost always heavily political

cringe

is this for my conquest is the sea of stars or something? i cant think of any other reason as to why lap is in this photo

Pretty villains are popular in Japanese media. I believe it's supposed to evoke contrast between the beautiful exterior that hides interior malice, sort of like a mask that hides an ugly head. I think its great, both from a marketing standpoint and as a lesson on not judging a book by its cover.

Attached: sephiroth.jpg (425x240, 19K)

Reinhard isn’t a villain

I haven't seen Legend of Germanic Heroes yet but pretty villains are definitely common in Japanese media

Specific reasons vary but basically pretty youthful boys are popular in Japanese media. Blondness is neotenous so it's a common way to make your pretty boy prettier.

There's a similar tradition in European heraldry, where blonde == maiden.

Yeah.

Here's a space anime version of the Count of Monte Cristo, although it didn't quite hold up when rewatching it having read the book and matured half a decade.

Attached: gankutsuou-play-header.jpg (3000x1688, 2.48M)

While other anons in the thread are probably correct as to why they are used, the ultimate visual inspiration behind the effeminate (at least to Western eyes) blonde boy is Björn Andrésen's role as Tadzio in Luchino Vischonti's Death in Venice. It got fairly popular in Japan and I'm pretty sure a number of artists are on record of having taken inspiration from it (Wikipedia explicitly mentions Keiko Takemiya). These in turn would have served as inspiration to newer generations who further developed the image.

Attached: Björn_Andrésen_dans_Mort_à_Venise.jpg (1158x1520, 478K)

Boys are NOT allowed to be this pretty. What the fuck

Attached: 2CF66EE8-E207-44C5-8DC2-9293C52BC666.jpg (552x687, 135K)

MESDAMES