What is the most Yea Forums anime?

Jin-Roh, LoGH, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Berserk 97?

Some of these are kids shows, others degenerate, but generally they are good anime considering the limitations of the medium. Only watched like 8 anime though.

Attached: Jin-Roh 2.jpg (425x600, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bg4SQvhXU
youtube.com/watch?v=KJM3MKfYm7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 6CE2AECE-DDA9-47C2-9150-60C1999491DF.jpg (927x1193, 546K)

Attached: EA6604E7-B857-4775-82C2-7F61D99F77C0.jpg (974x1290, 559K)

>Only watched like 8 anime though.
Maybe you should more before being too declarative.

Attached: 3490850C-5FBA-45A6-8C25-777B7A505D48.jpg (970x970, 453K)

Evangelion is #1 by a huge margin

I liked NGE(for an anime) but it's overrated as hell and seems at best - in relation to its many themes - a purposefully childish simplification.

Was not declaring but advising.

As I said before, the presentation of an abstract should be the becoming of it. Rather than a subtext that isn't even really there as these notes testify.

Shinji was the most annoying damn character I have ever seen. "Muh depression" and at best seemed like a young girls cartoon.

never seen the anime but berserk is one of the worst things ive ever read

>berserk is one of the worst things ive ever read
Could you expand on this?

derrida.mpeg

What does "being Yea Forums" means to you?

Machikado Mazoku

>but it's overrated as hell and seems at best - in relation to its many themes - a purposefully childish simplification.
Not really

It means OP is a weakminded pretentious faggot

I enjoyed it for a manga but almost everything past the Golden Arch - save the point around where he stabs the demon woman - is nigh garbage. The 97 anime was pretty good (for an anime) even if it did have a lot of stupid shit.

It means the average Yea Forumser is an effeminate midwit. And by this, that I am your superiors.

would you rather I say accidental?

No, why would I?

Why is everyone on Yea Forums socially retarded?

cooming

Beautiful irony here

Evangelion is the best anime but the most Yea Forums anime is haibane renmei

Tatami Galaxy
LoGH
Evangelion

In that order.

>y did noone laff at my cleva liddle jowk, u autists

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>Beautiful irony here

Attached: devil pepe 2.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

>not knowing it was a joke

Attached: Cancerous Pepe.png (450x418, 193K)

Explain the first choice.

Never heard of that, explain.

>not realizing I knew all along

Attached: 517.jpg (248x233, 9K)

Serial Experiment Lain

>le smug anime girl #1

Attached: pathetic.jpg (700x483, 28K)

It's well drawn, pompous, self-serving and self-absorbed with a young, student--ich-protagonist.

isn't that a girls cartoon? I know wheels liked it.

which one?

Serial Experiments Lain - Obscurantist and pretentious, very Yea Forums. Though I'll admit it's a personal favorite of mine. Explores technology and its ramifications. Aired in the late 90s, almost eerily predictive of the modern internet society.
Psycho Pass - Explores morality of a high surveillance state, mediocre anime in and of itself though.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Overrated as fuck honestly, but the later parts strike some philosophical notes
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Pretty well written, could just as well have been a novella
Your Name (Kimi no na wa) - Including this for same reason as FMAB, though it's a movie. Good for anyone who wants a taste of anime.
Bakemonogatari (Monogatari) series - Adaptions lie close to the light novel source material, if you know japanese and japanese mythology it's very Yea Forums and should probably be enjoyable. Otherwise just an oddball anime with a fuckton of borderline incestuous scenes.
Any Miyazaki movies for the general aesthetic and feel. Good to flaunt around like a trophy of your taste, very Yea Forums. Spirited away is a personal favorite.
Akira - Shouldn't really have to explain this one, go watch it. Hella aesthetic as well as some philosphical undertones. Read the source material if you want to be extra.
Steins;Gate - Staple sci-fi anime. Time travel plot, earnestly very good. Must watch imho.

Attached: spirited away gif.gif (500x264, 880K)

Read or Die is probably the most Yea Forums it gets. Library Wars might also be worth looking into. Almost all of the main characters of R.O.D. are known to intensely like books, with the exception of one, though there is a good explanation for that in the series.

Attached: images.jpg (195x258, 15K)

no not really, the synopsis sounds like your average anime at first but believe me it's nothing like this.
>The series focuses on Lain Iwakura, anadolescentmiddle schoolgirl living in suburban Japan, and her introduction to the Wired, a globalcommunications networkwhich is similar to the Internet. Lain lives with her middle-class family, which consists of her inexpressive older sister Mika, her emotionally distant mother, and her computer-obsessed father; while Lain herself is somewhat awkward, introverted, and socially isolated from most of her school peers. But the status-quo of her life becomes upturned by a series of bizarre incidents that start to take place after she learns that girls from her school have received an e-mail from a dead student, Chisa Yomoda, and she pulls out her old computer in order to check for the same message. Lain finds Chisa telling her that she is not dead, but has merely "abandoned her physical body and flesh" and is alive deep within the virtual reality-world of the Wired itself, where she has found the almighty and divine "God". From this point, Lain is caught up in a series of cryptic and surreal events that see her delving deeper into the mystery of the network in a narrative that explores themes of consciousness, perception, and the nature of reality.
>The "Wired" is avirtual reality-worldthat contains and supports the very sum ofallhuman communication andnetworks, created with thetelegraph,televisions, andtelephoneservices, and expanded with theInternet,cyberspace, and subsequent networks. The series assumes that the Wired could be linked to a system that enables unconscious communication between people and machines without physical interface. The storyline introduces such a system with theSchumann resonances, a property of the Earth's magnetic field that theoretically allows for unhindered long distance communications. If such a link were created, the network would become equivalent to Reality as the generalconsensusof all perceptions and knowledge. The increasingly thin invisible line between what is real and what is virtual/digital begins to slowly shatter
It's a 1998 anime

Tatami Galaxy

Oh, also Ghost in the shell. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Attached: gits.gif (480x259, 2.27M)

>Serial Experiments Lain - Obscurantist and pretentious, very Yea Forums. Though I'll admit it's a personal favorite of mine. Explores technology and its ramifications. Aired in the late 90s, almost eerily predictive of the modern internet society.
Seems gay but might consider.

>Psycho Pass
Utter garbage how can a human being like this at all?

>Neon Genesis Evangelion
Refer to>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Isn't that a kids show? Am aware that it has some philosophical and Kabbalistic things but for the most part just seems like le epic battles.

>Your Name
Feel like I'm getting into weeb territory.

>Bakemonogatari
Sounds boring and degenerate.

>Miyazaki
He's literally a children's animator and dissed (old) Disney.

>Akira
I'm aware it's a classic of major important within anime. Probably no.1 on my to watch list.

>Steins Gate
I heard it was pretty good and have considered watching it but these same people like Sailor Moon(a girls cartoon). Seems like it could also just be an average kids show with a few good moments.

Having cultural worth to it and fitting in with the general sentiment and taste dominant on this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bg4SQvhXU

Attached: they live glasses.gif (420x313, 874K)

I didn't mean an anime with many books in it.

Sounds alright, I figured it would be a bit like this. I get Ghost in the Shell feels (first film), am I correct?

Bernard jou iwaku

You haven't made it sound very good user.

Already seen both films, I admit for an anime the cinematography and 'vibe' of the film was done well but seemed pretty average.

Fuck you I soully determine what is Yea Forums or not.

The pompous quality makes the other parts run into the positive. Give the first episode a watch. It's truly great.

Sorry I have yet to watch Ghost in the Shell

Both within one minute. Hmmmm

You seem to have skimmed my list or purposefully ignored my explanations as to why I included the anime in my list. Please go back and re-read or stop being a retard.

>Isn't that a kids show?
Not really, no. It's got a fair share of grim moments, such as the genocide of an entire ethnic peoples and more. Even if one were to consider it a kid's show it'd be a hella accomplished one.
>Am aware that it has some philosophical and Kabbalistic things but for the most part just seems like le epic battles.
It dwells a ton on morality and the like. As you say it's le Ebin battles until the midway point where shit starts to go down. It's a bit of a long watch but the end is worth it.

>I heard it was pretty good and have considered watching it but these same people like Sailor Moon(a girls cartoon). Seems like it could also just be an average kids show with a few good moments.
Ignore the retarded fanbase. The show has le Ebin waifus in it which is bound to attract cumheads and disabled moeposters. The story is good and even if the retards glorify the characters as moeblog garbage they aren't really so.

Throughout this entire thread I have not seen one good anime, apart from my original possible recommendations. You'r all disgusting effeminate pseud weab faggots with horrible taste.

And Goodnight!

T. Op

Attached: Baalgruf.png (487x640, 524K)

Ok

Nobody gives a shit

>It dwells a ton on morality
I feel like the anime serves the "philosophical themes" rather than the other way around. Which makes me ask why watch it at all when I can just continue reading philosophy, psychology, theology, religion and the likes.

>disabled moeposters
Based mask poster. Or are you a Raimi chad?

>The story is good
Will try to give it a try. But it still seems like just an average show.

Refer toIf thread is still up tomorrow I will reply.

Is the blame manga any good?

>le smug (yet cute) anime girl #2

Attached: asuka-langley-soryu.png (2792x4000, 1.11M)

Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi, Sword of the Stranger, Angel's Egg, NGE, Monster, Shigurui, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain.

I also believe a few shows from recent years are worth a shot:
Mob Psycho 100
Yakusoku no Neverland
Dororo
Megalo Box
Violet Evergarden
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Inuyashiki
Youjo Senki
Goblin Slayer
Drifters
Bungou Stray Dogs

There were a few more that I appreciated, such as Attack on Titan or Boku no Hero Academia, but I'm not sure if they're able to make the Yea Forums tier.

Well, anime is entertainment. Very few shows are "essays" if you get me. If you wanted to read philosophy you would, I wrote under the assumption you wanted entertainment that also appealed to some kind of specific "Yea Forums" taste at the same time, whatever that might be.

The only show I can think of that expressly acts as a sort of video-essay is Lain. It's not very entertaining to be frank.

I'll assume you're based non-fiction reader, so in the same sense that you won't read fiction for philosophy you'll run into a roadblock when you look for pure thought in what's primarily an entertainment medium (although it doesn't have to be, as mentionied).

>Based mask poster.
I do not belong to any definite 'poster' group. I define myself as the negation of the posters I decry, and as such I require there exist retarded moefags such that my existence can come into being through contrasting them.

Holy shit this post reeks of insecurity, are you actually underage, I think that might be the only reason you'd be so terrified of being caught watching a "kids show"

Means objective taste. The thread is actually off topic you know.

Oh only eight? I'll list a few basic ones then that I saw (during my youth (mostly)):

>ergo proxy
>azumanga daioh
>fullmetal alchemist (the first is so emo I like it more and watch both at once switching to brotherhood after a bit)
>hellsing (facial boners, the anime)
>trigun (did they never finish this)
>el hazard (a random hidden gem of mediocre variety but has no manga and is not super slow an anime so is fine, just normal animu)
>fruits basket (because I watched it with my gf and when I drink the intro makes me cry but nothing else seems to)
>nge (it has to be)
>random movies of anime (like the first few stuidio gibli
>elfin leid (because edge)
>dragon ballz and such (because when you're really drunk you don't notice plot holes and power creeping)
>possibly pic a nice mech anime
>yu yu hakusho (sloooooow also reasons)
>cowboy bepob
>spice and wolf
>vampire knight and other vampire animu
>death note (until 'he' got killed and the intro chimps out in anger)
>gunslinger girl
>tsubasa
>xxx holic (it couples with ^)
>serial experiments lain (no, plot the anime)
>inuyahsa (because reasons)
>haibane renmei
>I'm tempted to post Excel Saga and Puni Puni Peomi and such due to behead all satans being Yea Forums yeah? Also that bludgeoning angel one. I don't care it's comedy. ur comedy
>rozen maiden (I like it)
>bleach (the beginning was fine before rescue)
As per example of movies, from the new world, was fine, more so than visually stimulating stuidio gibli stuff.

I don't watch anime much though.

Why make a random list? Because your thread is bad anyway--

Oh, I also like Ranma one half. I like how Ranma is low key gay.

Also forgot Ghost in the shell stand alone complex OP.

I forgot ghost in the shell stand alone complex user. Thanks for reminding me.

How do you not die of boredom during Texhnolyze and why is it so advertised so often?

Attached: 1477112910917.jpg (960x619, 133K)

SE Lain
Perfect Blue
Getter Robo Armageddon
Ashita no JOe

Attached: gar.jpg (680x540, 42K)

Monster and Kara no kyoukai were pretty good

>How do you not die of boredom during Texhnolyze and why is it so advertised so often?
If you aren't a zoomer with ADHD who only watches shonen trash then you can enjoy it very much

I'm 30 but k user. Considering the intro is such boring shit I have to think you've been advertised to to even bother with it.

Bumping

>almost eerily predictive of the modern internet society
I don't think it was very hard to predict at that point. It's just hard to see the evidence from which that prediction came, if you're looking at pre-internet times.

>FMaB could have been a novella
what the fuck

>Akira - Shouldn't really have to explain this one

>Lain
>Sounds alright, I figured it would be a bit like this. I get Ghost in the Shell feels (first film), am I correct?
Sorta. But it's definitely more like the films than it is like the Standalone Complex series.

Drifters s2 never ever ever

Whisper of the Heart / Mimi wo Sumaseba is the most Yea Forums anime out there.

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

It's the most Nietzschean manga out there so I assume you don't like Nietzsche either.

this is a slow board, you don't need to bump a thread here zoomer

Or at least wait until it's on the last couple lines of the catalog, not just five minutes since the last post

The first episode has no dialoge, and the next two have a lot of exposition on the world. That is some next level filter, i liked the direction and loved that anime which is in my tops, but honestly that could be handled better. Texhnolyze is also the darkest anime i have seen.

Retarded hyperbole, half an hour =/= 30 minutes. I know Yea Forums is a slow board, but my experience with topics like this is that they quickly die, so I bumped it to see if I could revive interest because I want further discussion. Inflammatory shit like the Parmenides Pasta Poster(s) garners much more attraction than threads like this even if the topic might be way more interesting and spur better discussion, at least in my opinion. As such I feel bumping was justified.

If this thead is to get some recs, i would say Rakugo. Is based on Japan early 20 century, and is about an old art they barely have nowadays, its the story of the two most important performers of this art and how while one very succesful by being pretty orthodox the other had a hard time being heterodox. The protagonist are also representing the fox and the raccon which are like the two animals who can transform and prettend to be humas in the shinto lore. If you want Yea Forums it should be japanese Yea Forums

FUCKKKKK I MEANT 5 MINUTES NOW I LOOK LIKE A RETARD ONLINE AGAIN AAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH AGHHHHHHH AAAAHHHHHH

Attached: oyqjMHBOar.png (219x217, 81K)

I'm the guy that hates it. Pilots are meant to be of the best episodes. Fuck that gay shit. Even books often use slingshot effects that take off. That anime is mentioned too often to be so boring. Same thing with SEL having no plot yet being a meme to the point of lainchan being made and such. It's perpetuated way too hard. Perpetuated by a certain type of person. The alienated, depressed, autists. Some people like to use anime as an escapism, not motivation to slash your wrists.

I like how subtle this filter meme is. It's not as insulting as you think it is though. If it's shit I drop it.

>half an hour =/= 30 minutes
bold claim

>half an hour =/= 30 minutes.
Screencapped, gonna post this on reddit. You're done for, kiddo
Too late

Attached: neck giraffe.jpg (768x960, 58K)

Oh no pls have mercy! Maybe we can find another 'arrangement' to keep things discrete. ;-)

I love media with no plot but Texhnolyze was still too dull for me. I can sympathize with it though. We all spend time doing repetitive mediocre things to find pleasure at some point in the future. There's no real reason a TV show can't do the same thing.

Just posting to say you're a genuine fucking idiot

I try my best

How has this not been posted yet?

Attached: utena33.jpg (655x437, 69K)

I have no idea why you consider the shit you watched as a teen to be Yea Forumscore.

Texhnolyze had some good art, and most of all I did like how absolutely relentlessly nihilistic it all was, though that's not the sort of thing that will get it a rewatch.

It was far worse & less interesting than Serial Experiments Lain, largely I think because it was more concerned with being as depressing as possible than with making any sense.

Attached: werthers.jpg (250x226, 10K)

lesbian blade runner coming through

Attached: Yurikuma_Arashi_EP_9_Screengrab_1.jpg (620x348, 27K)

I would guess anime based on novels like LoGH or that reference literature. It seems like pretty vague question.

Lain isn't obscurantist, you just watched it when you were young, watch it again and you'll find it's pretty self-explanatory and straightforward.

There is only one Yea Forums anime

Attached: images.jpg (187x270, 6K)

See pic
Personal favorites are Utena (favorite of pedo defenders and computer scientists everywhere, great for autists, also, see if you can pick up on the deliberate animation mistakes which give the TRUE plot), Evangelion (angst: japanimation edition), Tutu (intro to metafiction and metametafiction, great for ages 3+), Casshern Sins (walkthrough of the philosophies one can adopt in response to a decaying, hopeless world, also rape), and Mononoke (ghostbusters, but instead of vacuums, you make the ghost feel sad)
it's a literature board, don't expect anyone to be familiar with the GOAT

Attached: litanimemanga.jpg (2396x3430, 2.18M)

Texhnolyze was a failed attempt at combining the staff that worked on Haibane Renmei and Serial Experiments Lain together, It killed multiple careers.

Jesus, this is incredibly dated and has some extremely questionable picks.

Then update it friend, or suggest what you think should be updated so that I or someone else can update it with your enlightened viewpoint.

Attached: Panda.png (700x774, 504K)

The only Ikuhara I've watched is Penguindrum. He's a madman

LoGH
youtube.com/watch?v=KJM3MKfYm7s

>cinematic masterpiece
>end of evangelion
lmao I can't.

NGE
Monogatari series
Katanagatari
Ghost in the Shell
The Tatami Galaxy
xxxHolic
Mawaru Penguindrum

Enjoy.

a pseudointellectual, pretentious, insufferable fucking faggot who never shuts the fuck up about shit that doesn't matter.

Philosophy is all a bunch of bullshit, its literally just listening to any number of random faggots go "you know, I know the true nature of morality, life and the universe and lemme tell yah.."

Most lit? Probably Baccano. NGE is just bad

If Kafka made an anime it would be episode 10 of Tatami Galaxy. If Pynchon made an anime it would be basically any other episode.

Convince me to watch this, give me the closest analogue you can think of or post a beautiful frame

Pynchon: the anime?