I saw God, and he told me to burn it all down

I finished reading Mike Ma's book the other day, and I feel like he captured a lot of the sentiments I hold about society and technology while simultaneously being entertaining and funny. Maybe he's not the greatest author of our timeline, but I still think that he speaks for a lot of individuals who are so fed up and disgusted with this hell we've created.

Has anyone else read this yet, and what are your thoughts on the accelerationism?

Attached: 51pL5WZlftL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (328x499, 34K)

>he actually wrote it, the absolute mad Ma

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Took it along with me at the beginning of plane trip and finished it the next day. It really was refreshing to know I'm not alone in this disgusting world. Actually, just today I was trying to articulate something about how you grow out of the /pol/tard phase and find yourself disinterested in the whole spectacle yet still desire strongly harness your righteous rage for something good. Mike's thoughts contextualized that whole deal for me. Here I am still on Yea Forums nonetheless. You know what? I'm going to disconnect my wifi and go work on my novel.

>pic extremely related

Attached: how different.png (680x680, 586K)

any chance you got a pdf or epub?
the regular sources are coming up dry.

Apparently he never released an ebook, so there are no PDFs. That was probably his intention, but to be honest I probably would have bought it on my Kindle by now (I haven't bothered ordering it online yet)
I've read one page and it was shit but Finally Some Good News and BAM were both good so I figured I'd give this one a shot too

Try to get a hold of the guy and tell him to make a Kindle formatted version.

Attached: 2019-09-15 21.43.18 www.amazon.com 0ddda32b0aba.jpg (1259x787, 134K)

I know Mike, he's legitimately low IQ. Nice guy though

Book is a solid 5/10. Great illustration and structure but just fucking stupid honestly. Near the end there's a few funny rants. I guess you could give it points for being unique though

He's anti-ebook

I get all these frogtwitter people confused.
Is he another guy who decided he was too cool for wignat and now he's a Ted K fanboy or what?

>Is he another guy who decided he was too cool for wignat and now he's a Ted K fanboy or what?
yeah

>This blatant organized discord shilling
lmao good shit Mike.

go back to discord

I feel like I have finally grown out of the /pol/tard phase myself, and this book definitely helped me with that. It is definitely refreshing to know that there are others like ourselves.

Now I need to work on channeling my frustration and disgust into something beautiful as well. Good luck with all your writing and ventures, fren.

Attached: IMG_5935.jpg (462x1024, 55K)

Not Mike, just a Michigan boy trying to make some sense of the chaos in the world

A cheap third-order pastiche of Burroughs as written by an Extremely Online teenager in the style of a wordpress draft, fortuitously published before le pinetree becomes too popular to be cool.

thanks, disregarding this
if you browse here, ma's boy, fuck you

>I feel like I have finally grown out of the /pol/tard phase myself, and this book definitely helped me with that. It is definitely refreshing to know that there are others like ourselves.
Mike's shitty ass book is just the next phase in the low IQ "/pol/ phase", where has been e-celebs start self-publishing meme books.

Reading HA actually made me take a look at myself and realize being a person with political opinions at all is gay. We are individuals with no political power, there is no point in even caring or reacting to the day-to-day political theater. It's best to pursue other things. Mike wants "eco-oriented accelerationism" and all of this gay shit. It's a total pointless LARP. The tides of history are a tidal wave that no man can stand up against.

The internet in general is a phase all of us need to grow out of, probably

Haven't read the book but this retarded post might get me to read it

Quotes? Sample?
This looks like high-grade shilling, just like the rest of frogger.

Why? Most readers read ebooks if they read at all.

>hurr stop trying

well gee you fucking glownigger, let me explain to all the dumb fucks on this board why what you said is wrong since a lot of them tend to get their opinions from angry posts with the word nigger.

Claiming you've got no political power and therefore you should give up is exactly what creates basedboys with useless lives. There's a far grander scale to 'the tides of history' than the next couple years. Do you want change? Do you want things to be better? State it as so. Explain your reasons. Things take generations to change and political movements rise and fall based on the firm convictions of men who are patient and driven enough to keep standing and speaking. Some people listen to those men and they pick up guns to change things. Some people listen and they enter politics and sway majorities. Some people listen and then die for those ideals, shifting the tides even the slightest bit. But a person that gives up and plays the 'everyone else should give up too' game is either a shill or someone so bitter that their parents shouldn't allow them to talk to others. You're either a glownigger or some kind of edgy 17 year old. I hate you for being a pathetic shit, either way.

So close and yet so far. Mike's accelerationist perspective is for bringing destruction and abandoning your personal life. I get the impression, or maybe the suggestion, he's saying you should engage in burning down the world if you've got nothing left to live for. I don't think he's a larper at all.

I can concede that you are correct about there being people cashing in on /pol/ memes and also that the internet holds us all back.

Attached: 1549046135694.jpg (480x516, 39K)

just go read the first pages on the Amazon listing. it's what made me buy it and it's pretty representative of the book as a whole.

>Maybe he's not the greatest author of our timeline
Pretty sure the best author of our timeline is Black Shakespeare 2 at least when he was going back to Ancient Rome. He has nothing on Cyber-korean Dante who lives in the hellest timeline however.

>no kindle version

No thanks.

You are a naive child

History moves in the direction of unseen elites. You still believe “revolutions” are real? You legitimately have shit for brains. There has hardly ever been a major organic revolution in documented history. All of them are funded by unseen aristocrats who are engineering situations for their own gain.

If LARPing makes you feel better go for it, don’t drag me into your circle jerk fantasy though

Growing of out the /pol/ phase is where I realized I don't have to be obsessed about politics everywhere I look.

But in regards to the accelerationism LARP, even Ma wrote about how as desirable as it was to him, it would always be a LARP because we are a people that has been ruined by the modern technology and society. He thought it would be impossible to ever truly return to an eco-oriented society until something devastating happened to mankind.

There's a quote somewhere that says something like:

>I used to ask "Why isn't anyone doing anything?" Then I realized I wasn't doing anything.

Attached: 1552956281617.jpg (904x960, 65K)

Not to diss you guys, but if you're still surprised there are people like you you still have a lot fo room to grow. There's 6 billions of us and it's even boring how similar we are on average. "People who think like you" probably describe a demographic not smaller than dozen of thousands on the internet at any given time.

That said, glad to hear some people are actually able to grow out of the /pol/tard cringefest.

I don't doubt there are people like me online. Clearly. It's just that I feel so discouraged out in the real world because no one understands me and I can't fully be myself around normies.

It's objectively a fact that the chance of substantially influencing the world as a single person is very low.

>I don’t think he’s a larper

I know him a bit and he just seems like a goofball. His book doesn’t actually say anything, it’s just a whiny pity party woven between internet meme culture. Accelerationism is fucking retarded in theory and even dumber in practice

It’s just a coping mechanism for people to still feel like they have direct power in society. They won’t accept they’re powerless besides pooling resources and having families

>Eco-oriented accelerationism
No online accelerationist has ever read Marx or Land and it shows. I hate how/pol/ memed this shit.
If anyone is actually interested in reading about the efficacy of vulgar accelerationism as the online right understands it (make things worse until people can't stand it anymore!) you should read into the failure of the turn of the century French anarchist movement. Luc Sante's intro to Felix Feneon's "Novels in Three Lines" gives a quick overview of it. It straight up doesn't work and its attempted application today by Ecofascists is even less effective, theoretically grounded.

Low iq 19 year olds still believe in this romantic fantasies about a hero rising from ashes and riding in to rally the troops or some shit

All of this cringe is just delusional 19th century romantic sentimentalism. There’s no hope besides having a family, going to work and going to church for about 200 years in my opinion. Obviously if you are a person who is inclined to pursue politics, you’re going to do that regardless of some gay LARP book.

Yes you are right and I literally have Land on my bookshelf

Accelerationism doesn’t even work in theory. It’s fucking idiotic that anyone ever thought it would work in ANY capacity

>bro if you just make your bronchitis really bad it’ll magically get better cuz your body will get really mad or something

>intentionally misrepresenting the point

Attached: shiggy diggy alt.png (1024x768, 1.9M)

A couple of quotes I enjoyed...

>The only way to acquire pure water now is by collecting rain on Sunday. During his only day of rest, the Lord weeps unto us.

>Peace is a sugar-pill remedy to man's proclivity for disaster.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_51.jpg (750x1334, 220K)

>Reading HA actually made me take a look at myself and realize being a person with political opinions at all is gay.
This is pretty on point and so is the rest of the post. Opinions are mostly a stupid waste of energy (they're not the same as convictions, faith or principles, in a way they're almost the opposite, opinions are beliefs you hold about things that you have no control over and that can discard without fundamentally changing yourself).

It would be different if any of us was patient, determined and realistic enough to actually join a political party and inflect its course, or to build a new movement from the ground up. All that require hardwork and a fundamental acceptance of the curent functioning of society as a fact that must be harnessed and/or dealt with.

But the most Yea Forumsizens are capable of is shilling one meme trend after another, only to discard it for a newer trend the next month.

You're kinda proving his point, reading another probably terrible edgy book by yet another internet-dwelling underread millenial because you disagree with someone who dislike the book is pure retardation. How good do you realistically expect the book to be? Did you ever get any real enjoyment or enlightenment from a meme book shilled by Yea Forums? Not talking about the famous books Yea Forums also like (ie any book by Joyce), but the genuinely niche Yea Forums one like in the OP.

It's sad how often people confuse Land's accelerationism with worse is better political tactics. They seem barely related aside from the name.

If you are a person who is inclined to start building some sort of political infrastructure or something, have at it. Wish you the best

But Peterstein is partially correct in advocating for just being a normal functioning person first with a decent job a decent relationship with a wife and kids. If everyone is just pre-occupied with political activism and slogging through 1,000 pages of political theory, we’re not going anywhere. That’s why the left is so fucking insane; they’re all politically obsessed activists who think they’re paving the way to utopia when they’re really just pawns in someone else’s social experiment and they have 3 cats in a smelly apartment at home

Fuck it all, don’t care anymore. Just be a normal person with normal responsibilities

Accelerationism seeks all directions, natural selection culls their strategies.

I get your point but do you seriously think reading and promoting books like that HA shit here or engaging in the farce of daily internet politics is gong to lead to anything else than even more internet posturing and useless arguments between retards?

I have had good arguments on Yea Forums, sometimes even arguments who opened my eyes on some topics. They were always between two or three people (four at most) curious about a topic that had relevance beyond the small confines of Yea Forums's current shilldarling and who almost completely ignored memes or the latest opinions trends of the kind that regularly wash over the internet.And they were pretty rare and generally more focused on literature appreciation or philosophy than political action.

In others words, you willingness to enact change is admirable, but if you're really sincere, leave that place and start organizing with determined people in your vicinity (in your very neighborhood if your can). Yea Forums as whole is too amorphous to be used for focused action, the best it has produced in terms of concrete actions were raid in the late 2000/early 2010, and for the most part they were just bad taste jokes.
I liked your first post but here you're veering into borderline essentialist /pol/-tier theory. Revolutions have often needed funding and support from connected groups to kickstart, but they're not necessarily the playthings of the elites funders, indeed they often surprise and sometimes bite back at those very elites. It isn't only the case for revolutions btw. And it is not always a "hidden elite".

Case in point: the French revolution was supported by the bourgeois (by also quite a few aristocrats, some who had come back from helping the American gain independence) but in a pretty open way, as a consequence of ideas that had been brewing in public debate for the better part of the 18th century. And a lot of events (most remarkably the taking of the bastille and the resulting slaughter) were completely unplanned for and took everyone off-guard.

Another case of backfiring scheme: the Prague political trials. The then-president investigated some of his fellows officials and tried to have them framed as ennemies of the revolution and CIA agents, only to end himself on the defendant bench when the Soviet advisors he had called from Moscow decided he needed to be removed as well. And although the advisors came out scot-free from the whole affair, international opinion wasn't fooled for long and the reputation of the USSR ended up damaged by the whole charade.

Point is, the perfect puppetmaster doesn't exist. I agree however that for the average Yea Forums individual even becoming a puppet is out of reach, people have no use for tools that can't even be assed to work.

We were never that eco-oriented in the first place I'm afraid. There are documented small-scale ecological disasters from the time of the Babylonian, that it to say from the time documentation appeared.

>We were never that eco-oriented in the first place I'm afraid.
Says the subfinn.

Have you tried iniating conversations about serious topics with them? Not random strangers but friends or acquaintances, for instance at parties when people are drunk and more willing to entertain wild ideas.

It can often be a good starting point, and in my experience you're often surprised how aware people are in reality. Thinking that capitalism is unsustainable or pondering the merits of scaling back our reliance on technology and resource consumption is pretty common thinking about the youth. Primitivism is not that far for that (for instance). My own sister is pretty much a normie but she has recently decided she would stop buying new clothes. From now on everything she'll wear will be second-hand. Might sound ridiculous but this is a legit decision that most of us haven't matched (yet).

It's important however not to sperg out your Yea Forums powerlevels at people. Ask question, be curious, listen to their point of view, and see how common ground can be built from that. The first step in engaging with people is assuming they have something to teach you, not the other way around.

Also being the first to break the ice of "not mentioning anything serious or political, not raising controversy" is a big deal. Most people don't dare doing that, while wishing some more forward guy would do it. Be that guy. People love arguing and controversies, normies or not. They just need to feel safe and allowed in doing so, and often just seeing someone else do it (without looking like a schizo or a retard) is enough.

I've discussed fucking Maurras, the nationalistic antisemitic French thinker, at parties, although I'm in a university where most people are progressive. The guy who mentioned (and admired) him is a classmate, we have many common friends, and nobody has ostracized him yet.

>Point is, the perfect puppetmaster doesn't exist. I agree however that for the average Yea Forums individual even becoming a puppet is out of reach, people have no use for tools that can't even be assed to work.

Yeah I’m not going full lizard-Illuminati mode here but revolutions rarely turn out the way they started and they tend to actually just keep making things worse for infinity.

I was just saying people need to get out of this /pol/ (or contemporary politics in general) brain trap and just see themselves and see politics for what it all is. Not saying nobody should pursue politics if they legitimately have the connections, ambition and the means, but if you don’t have those things then it’s just escapism

YouTube political commentary is no different from cable commentary at this point. These idiots are still making blackpilled video essays about how there’s no hope for patreon dollars, because that feels good for right wingers for some reason

>If you are a person who is inclined to start building some sort of political infrastructure or something, have at it. Wish you the best
I'm not unfortunately, although if I manage to fix the basic personal shit I might be in a situation to consider. But one step at a time.

But I agree with you, for anyone who's not at least in the top 30% in terms of ability, drive and resilience, trying to have a responsible normie life (without being a dishonest shill or a mindless consumer) is work enough.
Memerson is indeed right despite his tendency for cash grabs, most people who listen to him have a trouble with holdng a job, not with organizing to overthrow the system (serious political organization demands as much work as most jobs anyway).

And you're right too about the left, the revolutionary LARP has devoured a lot of them. This makes them unable to deal with a big part of mundane reality in a non-hysterical fashion, and hence makes them unhappy.

There are valid "pills" that can be taken from both left and right while still maintaining a balanced way of life. But that implies admitting what goal is actually within reach for the time being, and for most of us, that goal is stable subsistance, basic (wagenormie level) self-reliance and basic social relationships.

Yea Forums lingo changes so fast I'm often not up to date. What's subfinn? Is that suhuman with finn replaced?

Anyway yes, hunter-gatherers are eco-oriented because their population can't grow enough for significant technological change to happen. Give them more land and start decreasing childhood mortality and watch their time-honored traditions change (heck traditions change even without outside interference, I know a guy who managed to show an example of this in West Africa through very detailed analysis).

>revolutions rarely turn out the way they started and they tend to actually just keep making things worse for infinity.

Sadly that's a recurrent trend yes. It seems the most significant changes comes overall slowly with a few chaotic breaks here and there that mess everything and are then slowly healed. The new society generally emerges of the healing process, but only if it goes well for long enough. And often that new society is arguably worse than the old one anyway. Hard to compare in any case.

fucking cringe, but thanks

Hello faggot mike

Ha this isn’t Mike, bud. The n-word would’ve been used multiple times already if it truly was him

pathetic

If anybody in this thread is actually Mike it would be this guy

Don't whine if you aren't willing to change your own life.
If you aren't, why should anyone else?
You're just a vanity fueled hypocrite, getting off on the idea of being someone special.

What would be the regular sources then?

Attached: voting.jpg (1686x1144, 376K)

If I vote in every government election available to me for the rest of my life I will never once flip the outcome. I would have a better chance playing the lottery. It's a waste of time mathematically.

You're assume there are no issues further down the food chain than the White House itself that gives a damn.
It's like saying, 'Why work? I'll never be a billionaire"

I went to school with Mike and this is pretty spot on he's a double digit IQ but he was always a decent enough person I guess, I wouldn't read a book by him though. Kid was always a for the lulz edgelord type.