/stack/ thread - let's look at all the books are are never going to read

/stack/ thread - let's look at all the books are are never going to read

I got these 4 for £8 at a charity shop, fucking daylight robbery

Attached: IMG_20190916_010811.jpg (3000x2304, 1.36M)

I'm always buying books, although I read them. These are among my recent acquisitions.

Attached: P_20190906_194709_1.jpg (3608x2029, 2.31M)

I have two parallel stacks (there were actually four, but I combined them for this thread). Here's one of two.

Attached: book1.jpg (991x2048, 402K)

... and two of two.

pls no bully

Attached: st2at2.jpg (384x800, 71K)

Back to fucking reddit

hmmm

Joke fren

What's the book in poo runes?

'Par Ankhon Nahin Bhareen' / Suman

Some poetry shit I found in the library. Read a few pages last year, forgot to return it afterward.

Why, yes I only read french lit, how could you tell?

Attached: 20190830_102704.jpg (2000x2666, 1.38M)

That book about Indian Maoists looks interesting.

8 Pound in a charity shop for 4 books?! Damn...what a bargain. I get all mah charity books for 1 Euro each or less...Ireland wins for sure. Or get wordsworth classics. They're at least worth their money. Fucking plebs. Ya know nothing, Jon. Even fucking Brother Karamazovs for 3.15 or... I dunno. I'm just laughing my arse off how OP tries to look cool and is just and know-nothing jackshit Raven of dusk born worms of discoloured franchised stupidity.

I'm not even sure if the last part makes sense...but who am I to care?

Half of them are about Indian Maoists. Which one?

huh I didn't notice, I was specifically drawn to Red and Green.

Drunk before noon again eh spudblood

Ah. If I remember correctly, 'Red and Green' is a decent reference but not particularly engaging.

If you're interested in learning about the modern Maoist movement in India, I would recommend "Hello, Bastar" by Rahul Pandita, "Nightmarch" by Alpa Shah and "The Burning Forest" by Nandini Sundar. All are well-written, informative, and lacking any overt bias.

How's the King in yellow? I was thinking of buying a edition, but the audiobook(on youtube) seems to be a lot comfier than reading it.

Two great slices of bread around a turd sandwich.

r8
Btw is northern lights for kids? It was cheap as fuck ($1) so I bought it.

Attached: IMG_20190916_202604.jpg (3120x4160, 3.81M)

The era of shashi by darkness tharoor looks cool.

Someone I knew was getting rid of parts of their library and invited me to step in and take some off their shoulders. (On the grounds of "I don't need it, and you have your whole life ahead of you, so you'll get more use out of it".)
Taking all of them home was a pain in the ass, but completely worth it.
Some of the things I got:
>Baudelaire - Artificial Paradises
I despised symbolist poetry in class. It's the quintessential "gay French nonsense" form of art. But a quasi-drug diary from the late 19th century seems interesting enough.
>Selected Writings of Aesthetics from Ancient China
I've been after this booklet for some time on the grounds of being a sinoboo.
>Proust - In Search of Lost Time Vol. I. and II.
It's impossibly hard to get here. I've never seen anything above volume three in my life, despite the last few volumes being published less than a decade ago. (The first three were published in the 30s, but the countercultural intellectuals were reading it in French before that.)
>Bibliotheca of Pseudo-Apollodorus
A primary-source on Greek mythology, always a good thing.
>Dostoevsky - Selected letters, studies and diaries
>Dostoevsky - The Double
I love Dostoevsky to death, so it was sort of a given to take these.
>Nikolai Gogol - The Nose, The Overcoat, The Carriage (Bilingual edition)
Never read Gogol, and I don't speak Russian (Turns out there is more to it than knowing the Cyril alphabet.), they seem like short enough pieces, and I'm interested in reading The Nose because Shostakovich composed music for an opera adaptation.
>Hoffman - The Golden Flowerpot
>Goethe - The Sorrows of the Young Werther
I really hate myself for missing out on German romanticism when we had to read works of it in school. Now is as good a time as any to catch up, and these are really short works.
>Nietzsche - The Birth of Tragedy
>Nietzsche - Selected Writings
Nietzsche is one of those subjects that fall into the category of "I'm sort of well acquainted with it" on the grounds of reading some of Zarathustra when I was 16 after someone gifted me a copy. Though I must say, it made me feel a lot better at the time. Will to power and all that wahoo. Time to actually engage with Nietzsche
>Eight volumes from the "-isms" series
They are basically books with an introduction and a selection of primary sources (Essays and other writings) by authors who wrote in that style. The volumes here are: The Rococo, Classicism, Romantics, Naturalism, Existentialism, Symbolism, Surrealism and The Postmodern. The postmodern volume seems the most interesting at first glance, because it has essays from all those whacky bloody postmodern neomarxist French thinkers that hardly got published here. Though I got them mainly because their introductory essays are supposedly good (Albeit not short, usually clocking in at 80-130 pages.)

Attached: IMG_1910.jpg (3679x3022, 2.86M)

>It's impossibly hard to get here
you dont have amazon in your country?

I'm not talking about an English version.

idk go to the publisher's site

You are right that *some* volumes are still for sale, but some are sold out, so you can't get a brand new set.

Thanks. I'll look into them.

Looks nice

Attached: 1566649327886.png (800x800, 200K)

Why are the spines of French books always white?

Attached: IMG_20190820_214828.jpg (4148x3111, 3.17M)

Most of them were stolen from my university's library

Attached: IMG_20190912_085603.jpg (4160x3120, 2.75M)

Somebody post it

Which?
The +100 image album of a public library that we aren't worthy of seeing, the one with the trump plant pot, or the one with the flip flop and the sunglasses?

The one made of barnes and nobles tacky hardcovers and the one made up of nothing but stephen king books.

Dejame adivinar: un sudaca de mierda.

Where do you get Folio Societies?
Everything that you would actually want on their site is out of stock

ebay
abebooks

a copy should show up one day if you wait long enough.

Based charity shopper.

Well done OP

I hope you enjoy Name of the Rose, user, Eco's one of the greatest authors ever. Make sure to read his Foucalt's Pendulum as well, that one's his best

First good stack itt

For a board that tries so hard to be eclectic, it's amazing how you all jizz yourselves over the same half-dozen books.

That's because it's only you, who is trying so hard to be eclectic.
The rest of us are just having fun.

Ive posted this here before but i’ll post it again since i’m still working on the stack
+ Stoner which i started recently

Attached: EBF4EE3F-E56C-4C90-BBE9-1DA959708E37.jpg (750x1334, 145K)

Take a proper photo

Tus antepasados robaban oro y plata gallego hijo de puta. ¿Con que derecho te atreves a juzgar a tus descendientes?

Based or cringe?

Attached: 1559820213995.png (908x348, 137K)

Would you like to take a nice long walk, discussing literature, and then maybe drink a green tea together?

>gulag archipelago
yikes, get a book that hasn't been repudiated by every respectable historian.

based
nice
i just happened to find them in a thrift store. Im tempted to resell them for a decent amount but after ive read them of course.
i'll check it out too then, thanks user

Lucky Jim is one of Kingsley's weaker novels, dunno why it's so popular

that sounds ideal

>Reading Manto in English
He's gonna come off as a dollar store Chekhov at best.

Los de la editorial debolsillo son muy fáciles de robar, yo me los robaba del colegio hace años.

It was an impulse buy from the Oxfoord Books in Kolkata--they didn't have Manto in Urdu. Nonetheless, he still comes across better than a 'dollar store Chekhov.' While I'm not fond of all the stories included in the collection, some of his Partition stories (which are what he's best known for) are jarring and incredibly memorable.

I just read Metamorphosis the other night. Something about Kafka's writing hits me hard.

I really need to buckle down and work on learning Latin once and for all, at the very least I'll have a better grasp of how languages work through a combination of autismo and breaking free from having fluency in ONLY English t. burger. Also Faulkner is comfy and First as Tragedy, Then as Farce seems to be the most approachable Zizek for me personally. I also have a KJV bible but that's pretty much a family heirloom and the one I have in the stack is for my personal study, the sidebars feature nothing but relevant quotes from theologians across denomination (although in burgerland it's slanted Protestant because the market itself sees the default Christian as Protestant). I have many more books I will get to eventually and a Kindle Paperwhite.

Attached: IMG_20190916_223558.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

Charity book sale

Attached: B77002A6-BAD4-4612-A23F-E9064146235F.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

Get the wheelock work book, then get langua latina.

Loving everything here.

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

because afrikaaner dont belong in parie u stupid unbaguette

Attached: B2E83515-A38B-4DC5-9CEB-1D8C4F9F9BC2.jpg (2103x2265, 1.36M)

spooky

>Actually bothers stealing something from hesse

Where do you read your pdfs?

Made me feel really bad, wanted to throw it away after finishing lol.

Nice stack, OP. Here's mine (sort of a repost). $6 at a navy thrift store.

Attached: IMG_20190917_085410304.jpg (4160x3120, 2.81M)

Cállense los dos, putos

no tienes respeto, idiota

Just on my kindle.

ni dinero xD

ay-yayay¡

You already posted this once before. Still a nice stack.
Who translated that Three Kingdoms?

C.H. brewitt taylor

Attached: stack.jpg (1600x900, 98K)