The golden rule states “do unto as you would have them do unto yourself”

>the golden rule states “do unto as you would have them do unto yourself”
>I’m suicidal and want to be murdered
>therefore I am justified in killing other people
Based

Attached: B4BA4E3E-2CFB-4043-B8F9-4C23C81F6482.gif (645x773, 19K)

These are the threads we hide here

Attached: A9E2D0CE-BDD4-465E-A841-8B2A56D4EDE5.png (201x250, 6K)

>doesn't know the platinum rule
plebeian

Attached: F63DE703-6787-49CF-A18A-D85FCC91FB4D.jpg (750x914, 70K)

You don't actually want to be murdered and are afraid of pain, that's why you haven't killed yourself yet. You must be 18 years or older to post on this board. Saged.

>You don't actually

Attached: 1F9F3C82-6B88-4008-8484-23264154C844.png (201x250, 8K)

owned with facts and logic

Rules do not apply to the insane. It is very difficult to get those that lack reason, to follow reason.

>wanting to kill yourself is insane

Attached: A0CFEBE1-032A-4C8F-835D-39C36567F820.jpg (214x236, 6K)

Never said or implied it was, just that the logic of "I want to kill myself therefore killing others is ok" is.

>the golden rule is insane

>going against the most basic human instinct is natural

>anything not natural is insane

There is that nutto logic again.

>whatever I don’t like is nutto

I never said nor implied that I did not like it, acknowledging reality is not passing a judgement.

>it’s reality because I said so

I did not say it was reality, I defer to popular consensus here, seem logical, at the very least sensible.

>the majority agrees with me therefore I am the sensible one

I defer to the consensus because I acknowledge that I am not to be trusted, agreement has nothing to do with it.

>you must be 18 or older to post on this board
saged

>I am not to be trusted and thus I “defer” to the consensus

Whats your point?

The point is that the majority agreeing with something does not mean that it is correct, nor is it a logical argument

When did I say or imply that I was correct or logical? Again, what is your point

So you don’t have a logical argument against the OP? Why post in the thread at all?

>platinum rule
cringe

I did make a logical argument, I just replied to an illogical response and acknowledged the fact that I am not infallible.

What was your logical argument? How was the response illogical?

and the illogical response was that I made a judgement upon suicide.

Explain logically why being suicidal means that you lack reason

>responding to posts you hate and saying sage
>i am doing this as well
TRULY WE ARE INLECUALS

I never said nor implied that and have already answered this in , now you are just trolling.

Let me recap this thread for you:
>the OP states that if you are suicidal and want to be killed then you are justified in killing other people because the golden rule states “do unto others what you would do unto yourself”
>you say that this rule does not apply to insane people because they don’t follow reason and therefore imply that being suicidal is unreasonable
>the OP asks you why being suicidal is unreasonable and you say it’s because that’s what the consensus says
>the OP calls you out on your fallacy but you say that you never implied that being suicidal was illogical
>now we’re going in circles

>>therefore I am justified in killing other people
Go ahead. If you truly wanted to, you'd do it.

> insane people because they don’t follow reason and therefore imply that being suicidal is unreasonable
I did not say it was because they they don't follow reason, just that one statement lacked reason. Troll harder.

The Golden Rule is a heuristic and so by definition does not apply to every individual's wants. However, the Silver Rule is actually a batter heuristic that covers more individuals: "don't treat others in ways that you would not want to be treated yourself"

What is your actual argument against the OP? That the rule does not apply to insane people? Then explain why you think being suicidal denotes insanity. If suicide does not make you insane, then the they are reasonable and therefore the golden rule applies to them.

>a masochist wants to be treated badly
>therefore they are justified in treating others badly

Fucking idiot, it's a heuristic, which is a general rule and cannot apply to every single individual. No rule can, but must people do not want to be dealt physical pain or suffering, which is why the heuristic works. Jesus fucking christ, some of the people here would be much happier on twitter with their level of intellectual ability

The logic of 'i want to die so it is ok to kill others' makes you insane, as I said in and pointed too in .

Are you really this stupid? I would like to think you are just trolling, but this is sad and weak trolling if it is. Oh well, I am done with this thread unless a worthwhile question or point is made.

>it only applies to individuals who act the way I want them to

Attached: 93DB14C2-9CDC-41AE-847A-D205D8F40DD9.png (227x222, 7K)

>I don’t have a logical argument for why it’s insane so I’ll just keep saying it until he stops responding

It's a GENERAL RULE, it's easier for people to agree on what they don't want than what they do want. I fucking detest midwits.

>it’s a rule until someone does something I don’t like

Attached: 0E187CA9-B371-4927-96A8-5026B6A7D059.jpg (647x740, 54K)

Please look up what a heuristic is and then go enjoy the latest marvel movie. You are far too short to ride this ferris wheel

Op is a wojakposter, how would you present arguments to him?

Attached: CC54AA07-9CC6-4EAA-AF49-B63A14CACFBB.jpg (1242x2205, 534K)

You're almost there, pea-brain.

>a heuristic, is any approach to problem solving or self-discovery that employs a practical method, not guaranteed to be optimal, perfect, or rational, but instead sufficient for reaching an immediate goal. Where finding an optimal solution is impossible or impractical, heuristic methods can be used to speed up the process of finding a satisfactory solution

Sound out the words if need be and ask me for help if you need any

>i.e., it’s only a rule until someone does something I don’t like

Good god, I hope you get fucking raped to death by a pack of Congolese militia men. Serious question: what is it like to inhabit your mind? Is every step of the day just a series of befuddling miracles? Is putting one foot in front of the other a confounding mental puzzle? Squat thrust over the CN Tower, retard

seeth, christcuck, seeth; let it all out.

Attached: D37CBCE7-5AF8-4BFA-B992-53F4576446DE.jpg (219x230, 10K)

Who said anything about Christianity?

>I'm suicidal and want to be murdered
>therefore I will murder other people
>and get murdered as a result
Sounds like a self-resolving problem, user. The real question is do you really want to be murdered? There's a difference between wanting to get killed (because you're a fart-huffer intoxicated on his own Nihilistic fantasies) and actually going out and acting on that urge.

Are those your selfies?

Unironically yes. Only an insane person would not see this.

It might as well be. As far as I'm concerned only what I believe in matters, and the same goes for you with regards to others.

>greentext what someone else says in an attempt to portray it as absurd
This is how I know the Yea Forums IQ chart is a fake.

I take that you haven't heard of the Palladium rule
The rule can't be rigid because it needs to address exceptions. Obviously you don't like that

Yes, then you address that exception to the rule

>wojack poster is an anti-christian cretin
Figures

What's the best way to die? At first I thought the two best ways to die were to hang yourself or deliver a sadboi soliloquy before throwing yourself off a tall building, but now I realize that if I were to kill myself, I would like to die surrounded by natural beauty, like drowning in crystal clear Caribbean water

Attached: 2169-water-palm-trees-caribbean.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

I hope someone rips out your hands and eyes. Feeds them to you. In the most painful manner possible. In order for you to cease posting. Go away namefag.

It doesn't matter where or how you die when you kill yourself. You die just as well, whether in a gutter or crystal clear Caribbean water. Then you have an eternity to reminisce on your stupidity (or alternatively there's nothing after death and nothing matters anyway).

Attached: f73.gif (600x678, 1.2M)