I have never read a book in my life

There, I said it

I have never finished reading a book. nor go further than the first page. Aside from reading in school in class.

I m really want to be drawn into a book so I can expand my vocabulary for starters and have it suck me in with its fascination

Would you be so kind as to give me one book that would blow me away? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached: giphy (4).gif (360x202, 1.79M)

You have only three paths to choose, and which one you choose will determine the rest of your life:
1) The Bible
2) The Iliad
3) Infinite Jest
Choose wisely.

I always wanted to give Iliad a shot after watching the movie Troy actually, but I'm also worried I won't be able to follow the old timy words. I've got absolutely no head for poetry and older prose least of all. Is it easy to follow?

I've decided to read lolita instead, which path is this?

What kind of movies do you like?

That's actually a pretty good path, but I wouldn't start if you aren't confident you'll make it to the end, user.

Well, I really like psychological thrillers and drama movies like Taxi Driver, Blade Runner 2049 and Fight Club. Not really the biggest fan of sci-fi, but I did like 2001 A Space Odyssey and Alien.

Depends on which translation you go with. Start with Fagles

You'll fit in here. Nobody here reads and everybody wants to appear intelligent.

Dude im into the 6th chapter of infinite jest and the first 4 was ok. But 5 and 6 was like so difficult to concentrate on. Is it because I am brainlet or is it because the book wants to simulate the feeling of weed. Because thats what I got out of it.

Umm just keep reading books and stop smoking so much weed and eventually you’ll get it.

Maybe read Fight Club then

>Trainspotting and fight club
in their novel form
>Do android dream of electric sheep? by Phillip K. Dick
The novel which blade runner was based off of
>Mist By Miguel de Unanumo
Meta, psychological, fun.
>Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Also a fun book about some dudes kidnapped by the captain of a submarine
>The martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Humans go to mars, they humanize it, actually makes you think, easy to read.
>The tunel by Ernesto Sabato
Depressive, pessimistic, /r9k/ tier, incredibly deep for something so short
>No One Writes to the Colonel by Gabriel García Marquéz
Extremely short insight about civil wars that went down on many parts of south america, specifially on the author's nation, and a nice introduction to his literature, you can go to Chronicle of a death foretold and 100 years of solitude after this.
>1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Both dystopian novels. 1984 is an extremely quotted book that nobody really real about how the goverment control each of a citizens actions, and everything has a reason to be that becomes scary when compared to reality. Animal farm is a representation of what happened with the USSR with Stalin, but with animals. Both are super easy to read.
>Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
Introduction to Kafka. Dude with a shitti life wakes up turned into an insect. Easy to read, not to comprehend, you might have to put a deeper though into it.

That's what I can think of right now op, here's a heads up.
>Classics are good, but they will require you to have patience and a habit of reading, so the Illiad and the like are a no no.
>Infinite Jest and Gravity's rainbow are hard to grasp, don't fall for the meme.
>The bible
Not a bad book really, even if you're an atheist or agnostic, but might not be what you want to start with.

Godspeed

>the bible
A must-read, but you should be prepared for huge lists of ancestries, laws about household animals and temple plans.

The easiest way is to read YA fantasy/scifi to establish the pleasure and habit in reading, then progress to the stock highschool reading list books, then to higher literature that you are personally interested in (meaning no list or common recommendation can tell you what to read, you should have your own taste and interests).

Read this OP. It will make you love reading and blow your god damn mind.

Attached: borges.jpg (403x600, 81K)

this is a terrible way to start, don't do this

this is actual good advice. Reading/writing comes somewhat naturally to me and it's because of this. I started with YA fiction which is fun and rarely feels like a chore to read. As you read more you'll naturally start reading non YA books. Like Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye etc. Then after that you'll know what you like and can move onto more specific literature that suits what you like.

Don't start with the bible or some 1000 page monstrosity, it's not gonna be fun or educational. Start at an interesting but manageable book and work your way from there.

I agree.

you have to go back to the beginning

Attached: 51xpkhBd-iL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x275, 19K)

Attached: 1568221478044.png (894x773, 48K)

He's right tho

no you dont lol. just read your level book. if in college. read college books more etc

Yea Forums read along/study club for The Little Red Hen when?

>read your level book
>OP said he's never read a book
so it's agreed upon

>read college books more etc
>college books
ah yes, "college books", my favourite genre/classification of literature

Attached: que-in-spanish.jpg (710x390, 30K)

I'm the same with OP but I'm actually reading my second book Beyond Good and Evil.
I listen with an audiobook so I could understand it better.
First one was Enchiridion of Epictetus if that's considered a book.

Not him but what about Anthony Verity's translation? is it better than Fagle's one ??

The fabled pedo-pill