Try to convince friends to read Dazai and Mishima

>try to convince friends to read Dazai and Mishima
>"eww user, that's just weeb shit"

Attached: 1559623031914.jpg (254x199, 13K)

They were correct about Dazai but wrong about Mishima.

It's their loss

Attached: eyes.jpg (1280x1897, 643K)

Mishima is much weebier than Dazai.

>Muh samurai spirit

>the man who talks about St. Augustine, Zweig, and Mann in one of his novels is "weeby"

Can Japanese people be Weebs?

>posts wojaks on an anime image board
weeb

Dazai talks about the Virgin Mary, Dante, some French poet, and several European impressionist artists in No Longer Human.

Mishima is more weeby purely because of his samurai shit. I'm not sure why you're accusing Dazai of being weeb shit.

Japanese lit can be more weeby by virtue of being more attractive to weebs.

When people say "weeb", they mean the overseas consumer, not the producer.
By the way, I don't know who the fuck talks about literature in real life. That's train model club-level "autistic, but kinda wanna socialize, except mostly or only talking about niche topics".

I wasn't the one who claimed Dazai is "weeby". I was instead claiming that Mishima isn't "weeby", except on a surface level, no differently from how Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky are completely unlike the average Christian.

this. Dazai did everything possible to piss off the imperialist japanese government. His friends were sakaguchi ango, who wrote essays shitting on "muh glorious nipponk" mentality, and oda sakunosuke, who wrote about scoundrels, eccentrics, prostitutes, and the dregs of society with empathetic tones. He was literally censored by tennou heika's gulag-tier bureau of thought police.

Dazai is anti-weeb.
Mishima would fellate the emperor if he could.

Also worth noting Mishima was like a zoomer who glorified the 80s and 90s--born just a touch too late to take part in pre-war japanese imperial spirit, but idolizing that culture to absurd levels, despite people who lived through it (like Dazai and his group) telling him it wasn't all that great and it had its issues. Same thing with lazy, well-fed uni students in capitalist countries praising communism and wearing red army sweatshirts unironically. Meanwhile any refugee out of soviet union would take a steaming crap on the communist ideology if the retarded uni kids would chill the fuck out and actually listen to their senpai who has first hand knowledge of what they claim to idealize. Mishima is so cringy it's hard to sit down and read him.

This helps explain why Mishima hated Dazai so much.

>Mishima loathed Dazai, undoubtedly because he owed him so much in influence. Once, he followed Dazai to a party, styling himself as Dazai’s assassin, and told him to his face, “I hate your literature.” Dazai coolly looked him up and down and replied, “And yet you are here.”

Time for new friends user

>Once, he followed Dazai to a party, styling himself as Dazai’s assassin
Whenever I read this quote I imagine Mishima sneaking into the party dressed as a ninja or something, even though that's probably not what the author meant.

get better friends

Mishima is a weeb for the west, this is so obvious. He is to us what a weeb is to the Japanese.

>man lives and dies for an ideal
>deracinated cucks can't understand why he did it

Water wet.

He lived in a fantasy-land, you fool, and constructing a big-t concept of Tradition for oneself is the most modern thing there is.

Yeah, he should've pissed on his own country like the kakkoi Dazai-sama did, it's so fuckin rad.

I bet you also think that the Beats and the Decadents are liked for anything other than their aesthetics.

Based friends. Fuck japanese literature.

>pissed on his country
you have no idea what you're talking about. nippn's tennou heika shit was so fucking retarded it was stunting their entire nation. check, as soon as they tossed it in the trash they went from dirt poor starving riceniggers to being a modern nation and prosperous. it's collectivism just as fevered, ungrounded, and self destructive as the red terror days. pissing your potential and young away for the sake of arbitrary tradition. why did they get involved in ww2? why did they prompt the experience of cities under firebombing, civilians starving, post war hyperinflation, starvation level food rations, compulsory service, running against tanks with a fucking sword? it sounds great and cool on paper until it's your sorry about-to-die ass on the front lines. maybe if you read books you know "war is hell" isn't a line from a 2gritty4u video game but a true look at reality. you know how soldiers get to the front lines? delusions of grand fates and glory. how they stay? they're pissing their pants and have to choice if they don't want to immediately die. it reduces men to trembling children. it's human sacrifice on orders of magnitude that can destroy a nation. why did japan decide to poke the sleeping bear that was america? delusioned thinking. confusing an ideal with living reality. severely misjudging their own circumstances because they were drunk on an image that is nothing more than smoke and mirrors, the divine emperor, a nation drowning in so much propaganda it turned the soil under their feet to mud.

maybe if you READ SOME FUCKING BOOKS you might have enough humanities and historical groundwork to think about things beyond "/pol/ told me this is cool."

either read or get the fuck out and kill yourself. go die in iraq for the sake of some banker. go splash agent orange on your legs and crawl over to a drone target in the desert.

dazai and anti-war groups were the only ones trying to SAVE their nation with a sober view of reality. meanwhile asshats with views like mishima were busy smashing the ship against the bulwarks.

But Mishima was a westaboo

Holy reddit

What did you expect Mishima to do, honestly? Stand by as his country gets culturally BLEACHED by the USA even harder than it did before the war? Subservient cuck.

neither of you has an articulate response

reactionary politics is for idiot young boys who lack historical grounding to know how absurd they sound

*gay weeb shit

Mishima died in a pants-on-head retarded way, so it would be hard to take him seriously.

It's amazing how you call somebody out on a perceived shortcoming only to commit the same mistake a sentence later. None of what you said has any basis on anything, beyond implying that history has vindicated you in some way, and that it's bad in your opinion.

You should be grateful that you weren't born in a time where an attitude like that would end with a Hun skullfucking your chopped off head after he's done banging your wife. Collaborators like you are even more disgusting than the enemies themselves.

Eh, Japan got nuked for continuing to fight, but when it surrendered, it rather quickly managed to become an economic powerhouse with great quality of life. So such an attitude actually prevents the skullfucking, both from the enemy and the government.

Truth sounds absurd in many instances. Not really accepting this objection of yours.

>everyone I don't like is reddit

cringe

My Japanese modern lit class is pretty must just people who also take Japanese language classes (me included), so your friends aren’t that off. Just embrace it and watch some anime.

So he was a westaboo?

This is so true. Also, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who studies Japanese language at university at least had a weeb-phase at some point in their life. And most likely still is a weeb. Even the odd good-looking, socially competent person.

Your friends sound based bro
I don't have friends or a family

Anyone who actually becomes fluent in Japanese realises that it's a shithole like anywhere else.

Which is why he was weeby, like most Japanese he was spiritually Western and ate up its orientalism.

Its a shithole for the opposite reason that America is. America has interesting people (at the very least they aren't afraid to be honest about their opinions), but its infrastructure is ass. Even in places like NYC or LA.

Japan has super nice infrastructure and is really convenient to live in, but its people are often boring to talk to and lack any unique opinions for the most part.

素敵な電車の国

Attached: embrace salvation.png (580x435, 395K)

So difference between the two is the old distinction between people. "Some like to reduce ideals into shit, while others like to elevate shit into ideals."

good summation
or authoritarian versus humanist, etc.

>check, as soon as they tossed it in the trash they went from dirt poor starving riceniggers to being a modern nation and prosperous. it's collectivism just as fevered, ungrounded, and self destructive as the red terror days. pissing your potential and young away for the sake of arbitrary tradition.
The level of irony here is truly staggering.