What do you do for work you lazy bums

What do you do for work you lazy bums

Attached: E3EE59EF-93BB-4505-81E5-DF864CC986D6.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

I’m currently moving an apartment from the fourth floor of building A to the fourth floor of building C

Designing a new canning process for Pringles chips

I toylet attendant for trains in my country

I work in a factory canning cheeseburgers

Do you enjoy the work ?

Attached: C100BE9C-987F-4796-A24C-D6BA53483561.jpg (640x830, 98K)

I'm designing an artificial pancreas

I'm still in hs

I sell plasma and hold a sign outside for a title loan company

I work for a customer service liasion corporation that handles phone calls for a local insurance advisory company

Brutal

i'm an uber driver

It's not that bad, but I have to sell plasma to make ends meet

game dev

Software engineer.

I work for the government. Setting up a user research

I edit spreadsheets for a company that has a government contract to provide food services to alternative schools in my region

I work for disney.

full time student. :^) I read and do homework. the gubbermen send me a check becos i was an good boye and sacked up inna war time.

I have a bachelors degree in computer science but I am having a hard time finding a job.

Data entry / facility maintenance for a countertop company

Dishwasher.

Doing what

ux designer for a large multinational
ain't so great

I'm a backup goofy at one of the hotel swimming pools. The goofy suit smells like cum, weed, and sweat.

World or land

work for Disney Streaming, the part of the company that is doing Disney+. but I work mostly on ESPN+, setting up the sports events that we stream. it's a pleb job.

World

lol nice
What do you like to read?

Hook it up with tickets. Wanna take my son. Never been to flo

basically anything out of copyright. this year so far:

Persuasion - Jane Austen
Vanity Fair - Thackeray
The Complete Stories - Evelyn Waugh
A House of Gentlefolk - Turgenev
The Nature of a Crime - Joseph Conrad and Ford Madox Ford
Under Western Eyes - Joseph Conrad
The Loved One - Evelyn Waugh
The Midlander - Booth Tarkington
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas

My favorite novels are Anna Karenina, Demons, The Sword of Honor trilogy (Evelyn Waugh).

Full-time student. Not getting anything from the gubbihment because I live in Canada and we don't do gibs like that.

Which one did you like the most?

I've spent the last year and 9 months working in a grocery store. About to quit though because the state is giving me money to finish college. You've got no idea how elated I am to once again live a semi-NEET life.

Perhaps the funniest sentence I'll read all week.

Attached: 1507673824876.jpg (500x740, 107K)

Vanity Fair and The Count of Monte Cristo

Sounds like novel material, would read.

I do what I love. Never worked a day in my life.

Confessions of an auxiliary dog
-by user

Frame shop in Brooklyn. Havin lunch

Attached: 20190915_152812.jpg (4032x2268, 2.54M)

Hey buddy

Hi

Enjoying the frameshop work fren?, and do you get to read while at work sometimes?

Automotive verification engineer.
It's actually pretty cool stuff and i get to work in Birkenstocks if I want to.

I like it quite a bit. Something different every day, get to meet people and talk about their art and photos that mean enough to them to frame. I rarely have time to read in the back to read, but when I'm working the counter I'll flip through a book of Hemingway's short stories. How about you user?

I do event photobooths

How'd you get into that?

Retail. I want to die.

This actually sounds comfortable, I’m studying to become an Architect at the moment
>Hemingway short stories
Alright, based

Thinking of selling plasma to make a bit of extra cash while in school.

How much money are you earning via donations?

t. boomer

Dishwashing unironically made me want to blow my brains out. It's the definition of a bullshit job 90% of the time, at least where I was working, and the insufferable coworkers didn't help. Only upside was I was left to my own devices, didn't have to deal with customers, and could listen to music/podcasts.

I work at a credit union an am a glorified teller. I like the benefits, the customers, and the truckload of PTO.

Craiglist ad

work at the airport

Attached: 1540844288026.jpg (1080x1080, 215K)

whos a good kitten

I'm a former academic turned librarian who wishes to escape his boring life by becoming a sculptor.

kek

Janitor. Been doing it for about ten years. Guess I’m good at it. Was a union shop steward for about four years then a supervisor (still in the union) for about six. Work as a daytime janitor now at a new high profile building in Seattle. I stepped down from being a supervisor because I was worried about my health and stress levels, but this daytime stuff is total bullshit and I could honestly care less. I don’t think I realized just how burned out and disinterested I am.

I might shift back to nights in a month or so if something closer to my place opens up.

Credit card company call centre pleb

Attached: 1560686288111.png (577x441, 517K)

me

Attached: 1538187671170.jpg (800x800, 83K)

I leech.

>Left school at 16
>Leeched off my parents until I was 19
>Leeched off my grandfather until I was 22
>Leeched off my parents again until I was 24
>Currently leeching off my cousin, I'm 26
>Leech off the government every year for a few months until they get too annoying to deal with

I've tried working, it's the most unnatural feeling in the world. Every fibre of my being screams "this is wrong". I'm not lazy, I devote my energy to things I care about. Philosophy, wilderness survival, aesthetics. I refuse to bow to society's attempts to shame me into submission. I don't care if everyone despises me, I'm being true to myself. I'd rather live 30 years where I felt alive than 90 where I felt like a slave.

I work in sales, doing work with small workshops and manufacturers and stocking them with parts and tools. :3

I'm unironically a cop. Doing a degree in Maths and Physics because why not. Writing as much as I can too. Feel massively disjointed

I understand your pain.

Start a business about the things you care about. Your life will be immeasurably better.

Do you ever feel like you are a complete slave to laws which you have no control over? Do you ever feel guilty for imposing the will of law on people?

How does it feel to know most people hate your guts and would keep walking if they heard you screaming for help while being stabbed because a sizeable percentage of police are at best devoid of any moral fibre and help each other get away with crimes and at worst are huge cunts who think the badge gives them the right to do whatever they want to people?

t.bait

I’m doing software and data engineering under the title of Junior Analyst presumably so they can pay me less.
Should I find a new job?

No, I'm serious.

The average man or woman hates police. Not because they enforce the law, but because they don't abide by it themselves. Too many police think the law doesn't apply to them. I'm not talking about beating nogs either, they deserve the beatings usually. But it's everything else, there's far too much "I'm a cop and you're a cop so I'll cover for you when you break the law". I can't tolerate that at all. I'd love the police if they were true to the law, but they're simply not.

Getting my bachelors in CS while working 20h part-time for a small application development company, programming web applications. When I feel like it I can work from home, which is pretty comfy.

>Backup Goofy

Attached: Pepe.jpg (398x376, 37K)

East coast? Jersey/NY area?

I work in a lab right now doing admin work, but I used to work in a morgue. When there was nothing to do, which was often, I could just sit and read. The morgue was better.

Attached: 547345678.png (708x600, 478K)

>The average man or woman hates police
Your perception of the, "average" man or women is heavily skewed.

>incoherent rambling.
Maybe take a break from whatever extremist media you seem to be frequenting.

Based. I wish I could have done this. Wasted so many years of my life wageslaving.

How do you go about working in a morgue? Seems comfy.

Molecular biologist PhD student
I hate academia. I hate the people around me. Ive grown to hate this world as well. All i want is for the apocalypse to come so we can start over.

Attached: Breakfast grumpy.webm (854x480, 2.89M)

I don't think anyone likes working man, but sometimes you gotta man and up and deal with the working world.

If you play your cards right, you can even rise up within the company you work for, and there is definitely some amusement in workplace politics.

Just something to consider: that real, hard work is not for pussies. And if you are a pussy, then what are you doing working. :3

I'm a gigolo, and proud.

Cashier

Slave to laws, yes I suppose sometimes, but human laws are derived at least in part from natural law so I still remain at least somewhat idealistic.

Well, most of my colleagues are upstanding, moral people. I know that I am not corrupt, and through my work I've genuinely helped a number of people and helped better society in we small way, no matter what people think

>but sometimes you gotta man and up and deal with the working world
No, you don't.

How about you "man up" and live life on your terms instead of being brainwashed by propaganda about how "you're not a real man if you don't contribute to the system".
>If you play your cards right, you can even rise up within the company you work for, and there is definitely some amusement in workplace politics.
You might as well have said "Would you like to sit in this boiling water for 12 hours?".
>that real, hard work is not for pussies
What you do IS for pussies. It's for broken people with no will to resist, it's for sad fucks who think they have no other choice, it's for poor bastards who don't know any better and never will. Nothing you do is worth being proud of.

>Your perception of the, "average" man or women is heavily skewed
Go out and ask them then, most people hate the police. They either think they're useless or complete cunts.

Very nearly got fired two weeks ago.
I was thrown under the bus by a colleague who failed to communicate to me her desires for the final features on a project. Said project wasn’t completed on time because of this.
My boss has my back, but his boss and his boss’ boss told him to fire me but he wouldn’t do it because he knew the truth.
Obviously I think these people just want someone to blame for their failures.
Is this a hostile work environment and should I leave?

>Nothing you do is worth being proud of.
Without me providing the service I do, many businesses and manufacturers could not function or work. I provide them with the means to maintain themselves.

I do content myself knowing that. I have worked much more meaningless jobs in the past. This one is pretty important. :3

I'm a person, yes?

I don't 'hate' the police by any stretch of the word. I don't think they are completely perfect or completely flawed, after all people who think in extremes are EXTREMEly stupid. :3

>Without me providing the service I do, many businesses and manufacturers could not function or work
Are you 5? If you die tomorrow, you will be replaced within 3 days. That's what your "service" is worth. There's millions of worker ants ready to take your place as soon as you drop out. No one would notice your death at all, the wheel would turn regardless.

What part of "most" do you not understand?

Your personal opinion doesn't invalidate the other 80% of people who hate police.
>after all people who think in extremes are EXTREMEly stupid
What an incredibly idiotic statement.

Why don't you link whatever has led you to believe this, ideally a study. I'd love to see it.

Are you 10? There are plenty of people who are very hard to replace because of their skill and knowledge. This applies to companies with work forces of small cities too.

But w/e keep living on handouts like a dog if you like it.

>people sympathized with this one
Yet you drowned society to your shitty egoist attitude and none single nerve of your brain wishpered "this is wrong" when you were leech?
>Philosophy, wilderness survival, aesthetics
Do you know that people can live working on those areas? You got a single shoot at life and failed miserably. Keep coping, victimist faggot

I am the actual police officer who originally posted, and I have to say that in my experience the vast majority of human beings I come into contact with are positive, even many criminals. The ones who are typically venomously anti-police are the teenagers and angsty potheads.

>There are plenty of people who are very hard to replace because of their skill and knowledge
Wrong. Otherwise we'd be in constant crisis. One man, no matter who he is, does not matter. Your delusions of importance are sad.

>Your delusion of importance are sad
And yours are any better?

>thread ruined because one guy is trying to justify his unemployment
oh boy

I'm a Social Worker

I talked to people, in the real world. I don't get all my opinions from studies, which by the way are unreliable and untrustworthy. You should stop thinking studies = proof and learn to use your own experiences and mental faculty to determine if something seems plausible.

And lose the passive aggressive attitude, it makes you sound like a woman.

I never claimed any importance. I'm nobody, nothing.

>Wah police bad
>Studies don't mean anything
>I talked to people, i.e. other similarly unpleasant people in my painfully mediocre echo chamber

Fuck off

Constant crisis is one of the features of capitalism.

I never claimed to be important but there are people that are, they are very rarely in management positions though.

>the vast majority of human beings I come into contact with are positive, even many criminals
Because you're a cop, moron. No one will say it to your face, but they all think it.

I get disability benefits and live in a tent

>incoherent rambling
Either I was right in assuming bait, in which case shame on me, or you are brainlet. If the latter, I highly suggest sterilization. Please, don't reproduce.

You first you wet vagina

You are nothing, but not everyone else is nothing.

We are not simply variables in a system. As that individual stated, some workers are hard to replace, and good help, as per the adage, is hard to find. I am not easily replaceable, especially if you have certain business connections or contacts that make you valuable. If your personality is an integral part in the business you partake in, then you are effectively an important part of doing business, and your 'character' is in the processes.

I mean, honestly, have you never thought of this? Have you seriously only behaved as some sort of deranged, retarded toddler, thinking philosophy is wholly discrete from work?

Maybe Marx was wrong, and working is an opportunity to progress and change society in a meaningful way? :3

Not for your probably. You're retarded and get social security or something.

Yo I'm in greenpoint. Pull up

>WAHHHHH POLICE BAD

What are you, in college or something? :3

I unironically joined the police to help others and I have beyond any doubt. I have personally had a positive impact on others lives, arrested dangerous people who were later sentenced to prison. What other people think doesn't matter to me and my very experiences directly contradict your views on a topic I believe myself to be infinitely more qualified to opine on. What have you done to help another human being? Moral actions are the only ones that actually count

Everyone matters user

Attached: 1567254930373.jpg (1387x702, 80K)

Christ, you can't even follow a thread. What are you on about?

You're too kind to him :3

It won't hurt sufficiently if you are kind.

No ones talking about whether objectively police are good or not or you personally.

I'm saying the mood among the public is generally "fuck the police" and you can't honestly deny that isn't true. When someone's house gets robbed, they know the police will come round, say "yeah if anything comes up we'll let you know" and then

m8, you're in college. This is obvious.

Every little babby in college dislikes police. So long, gay bowser.

not fucking do anything because "hurr the chances of solving this are too low so fuck it".

why do you want people to hurt?

You shuffle around in your scrubs and sweater, talk to the guys who work in the funeral biz (real banter going on here) as you guide them to the body they're to pick up, or show them where to leave one. You take calls in the office, sometimes from the various funeral firms, sometimes from relatives of a deceased individual who wish to see the body. The worst part of the job was having to interact with them, though we only had to open the doors for them, greet them, and show them which room the now-dead person was lying in, it could still be quite emotionally draining. Thankfully, the hospital chapel would always handle it if the deceased was a child.

It was a very relaxed job, and I got through quite a few books, though it was horribly boring when I wasn't in the mood to read. Telling people what I worked with was also fucking weird, given that I did it at ages 22 - 24.

Attached: 573563456.jpg (500x371, 21K)

You linked two post from two clearly different people, you daft cunt.

God, I hope your not this autistic in real life.

Because he has done a grevious wrong by thinking the way he does.

He is making a crucial philosophical mistake and is my mortal enemy. As a fervent believer in God, any non-objective moral nihilist is a waste of human flesh, a person who has no direction and is trying to spread his screwed up philosophy.

In the general scheme of things, if you think as he does that he doesn't matter, then you won't actually. That's how important perception is. If he things trying to nihilistically affect others is having an 'effect', he is incorrect. This is nothing but a resistance to the wills of everyone else and God. Collectively we form a story, a motion, a continual upward progression, and to think otherwise would mean you don't know how God has worked, or how he currently works.

Get educated on things that are happening right now as I type. :3

Okay, I want to engage with you, not piss you off. I should say I'm a cop in the UK, so I can't speak for other countries. I went just last week to conduct house to house enquiries for a burglary that bad been committed, while the guys from CSI recovered a partial fingerprint from the doorframe. We reviewed 3 hours of CCTV from neighbouring roads, managed to find the suspect vehicle and tracked it on anpr to Manchester. We took care of the victims, offered them ongoing support, gave them details of people who could fix their broken locks.

The problem is funding. Each officer has anywhere between 15-25 cases they are in charge of, and that's uniformed police, not even counting CID. So we have to try and manage expectations when sometimes it will be simply impossible to recover what has been stolen. It sucks but it's life.

That was me, you fucking retard. :3

will do. are you typing now?

God damnit, now I've linked the wrong person.

was meant for

Attached: lakdfa.gif (218x228, 1003K)

New York

Out of curiosity, what are the pre-reqs? I've read you need a 2 year degree in mortuary science? As fun as that sounds, once I graduate come may, I don't plan on taking any other formal education, not for a while atleast.

You are both making the sweeping statements that 'police are bad/corrupt' which is just such an extreme statement it's not even funny.

Generally speaking, I suppose I could be guessing you're both trying to make the point that 'most people hate cops' to which that is also an extreme statement.

Do you see people rioting? Unless they are rioting, they are relatively content with police. They don't riot after every single shooting, every single fatality caused by police, only the ones they think are unjust. Which is their constitutional right to do.

To think that simply because some riots have happened implies no one thinks cops are doing a good job is just stupid. I, too, understand that power can corrupt, so I know that some cops are corrupt, no matter how high their rank. But I also know that even if they were, the general positive reputation of the police force that holds throughout society every time someone relies on them when they call '911' is such that there is a general state of respect for those individuals.

Much moreso than for some ignorant shithead like you. :3

People don't care.

At the end of the day, their house gets robbed and the police are useless. More often than not that's what happens. It doesn't matter how many times you personally try your hardest, the status quo is "burglaries aren't life threatening so we'll get around to it if we can". That's not good enough.

If you want people to think better of the police then the police should enforce all laws 100% of the time, no matter how fruitless or pointless it is. I know you need funding to do it but people don't care, the end result is all that matters and the plain truth of it is people don't have faith in the police.

That's not quite how things work here. Morgues are attached to hospitals and are mostly staffed by glorified janitors (like me); anything that would require a degree in mortuary science is done by the funeral firms. This is very much a closed-coffin country, and out of, say, 8 firms that I regularly interacted with, only one actually did things to preserve the body. My colleagues, both 30 - 40 years older than me, had been taught how to remove pacemakers, but that was it.

As far as I'm aware, I haven't made any assumptions. I was simply picking at an user's brain, trying to figure out why he was making such braindead claims.

Spoiler, it was autism.

That's good to know. Thanks for the help, friend.

No problem, user. Corpses are far less interesting, and scary, than people think they are.

>have you ever seen a dead body?
>UUUUUUUUUUUH

Attached: 1505399384761.png (480x480, 278K)

not that user but some states also require you do an apprenticeship and after you get your degree a license is still needed.

Kinda wish more cops were like this.

Shut the fuck up

Tell your boss that you would like the two of you to speak to your HR department about the situation. At the very least you’ll have the issue officially documented and have it on HR’s radar. Nothing wrong with communicating with people about current or protection issues.

I just started a software engineering internship. I have a degree in C.I.S.

>People don't care
Clearly those who are victims of burglaries, or any other crime do. Otherwise they wouldn't call the cops.

>At the end of the day, their house gets robbed and the police are useless. More often than not that's what happens.
Police can only do so much. They aren't wizards. I'm not sure your aware, but prevent, at least in part, falls on you (civilians).

> I know you need funding to do it but people don't care, the end result is all that matters and the plain truth of it is people don't have faith in the police.
People dont care, so they don't fund the police, and therefor the police can't do their job

Seems like your the issue, friend.

I dont work. I collect S S D I.

There's a book just for you

Attached: finally-some-good-news-kindle.jpg (1445x2268, 1.3M)

You are absolutely replaceable and your retreat into utility is as asinine as it is cowardly. The only truly irreplaceables are artists, and there is absolutely no utility or practicality to their products. Their work cannot be mimicked, there is no blueprint to their method, and it’s because they are truly nothing, to themselves and society, less than nothing, they fill themselves with potential because they are absolute potentiality. A Pakistani is currently learning your trade and he will do it thrice as good for half the pay.

>We are not simply variables in a system. As that individual stated, some workers are hard to replace, and good help, as per the adage, is hard to find. I am not easily replaceable, especially if you have certain business connections or contacts that make you valuable. If your personality is an integral part in the business you partake in, then you are effectively an important part of doing business, and your 'character' is in the processes.

LOL
You are a retarded toddler to the history of world economy. You are AT BEST a human resource fulfilling a job, you are replaceable, expendable as the very nature of your ”work” makes you a vending machine for the completion of tasks, you have no character, at this point you should wish to be nothing as you are an automaton. You would know this if you knew ANYTHING about Marx, and I don’t even like Marx.

TLDR: YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOT

I work for a workaholic japanese woman, I do whatever she tells me to do. I'm currently some kind of construction worker because she's too stupid to hired real professionals.
If a big earthquake hits Tokyo and a building in Shirokanetakanawa falls apart, it's not my fault.