Lgbt/queer theory...

lgbt/queer theory. what books can help me overcome my white male bigotry so I can finally understand the vibrant and diverse culture of these most noble and progressive of creatures?

Attached: ECeXBCQWsAAk6uf.jpg (960x960, 128K)

There is no such word as bigotry you NPC retard, they deserve to be shunned. Unbased and brainwashed pilled

yikes
who hurt you

What's the point in making this thread? You clearly just want people to circle jerk with you and reaffirm your view. you clearly don't care about coming to an understanding or broadening your perspective.

Since this is the literature board, you should know that around 35% of the western canon is LGBT.

He wouldn’t know that 35% of the Canon is LGBT, because the faggot doesn’t read

Finally, someone who comes here with the genuine desire to learn and not simply to have a fight over /pol/ related shit. Here's your list:

>Queer: A Graphic History
>Orlando by Virginia Woolf.
>Stand by Me: The Forgotten History of Gay >Liberation by Jim Downs
>Born Both by Hida Viloria
>Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
>Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
>Calypso by David Sedaris
>Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman
>Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
>The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
>Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation by Kate Bornstein and S. Bear Bergman

There are some novels mixed in there, so you can alternate essays and stories. Now all you have to do is go to your local library and check some of these out. Have fun!

Attached: 1AC57069-770B-414A-AF76-E74455BD5FC8.png (753x960, 21K)

I imagine you as a fat person driving one of those tiny motorbikes inside a giant mall

that's american conservatives, american leftists are the same except with pink hair

...you don't get what that post is doing, do you?

Attached: 91A3F378-F292-43D2-B215-C198F941F1F9.jpg (1920x2399, 772K)

Somewhat unrelated, but I was recommended "IInseparable: Desire Between Women in Literature" by Emma Donoghue on Yea Forums some time ago and I quite enjoyed it. It was kind of depressing writing down all the books mentioned in it that I was interested in only to later find out that a lot are out of print, though. I definitely recommend it.

Thanks to whoever recommended it to me if they check this thread.

wasn't the western cannon evil and racist? make up your mind. And anyways you people read nothing but 'diverse' YA and comic books

Attached: 6AA50B1A-94C4-4D92-A7D8-8B4072D3FEF2.jpg (727x971, 187K)

>no Queering the Middle Ages

Thank you, now we have a good starting point for our bonfire

>queer theory
This is more about the shunning-itself, and less about how it feels to be gay otherwise. God forbid gays aren't "just like everybody else," etc (but also, their experience is so wildly different you can't even think about it!). Maybe it can do something like explain how MtF suffer from the same sexism regular women do, but it wouldn't give you anything like a metaphysical explanation or criteria for what being trans is to my knowledge. It's largely just queers writing to queers about who gets to complain about what, while trying to not let their discussion sound like gatekeeping.

>lgbt theory
is there something to this besides pop culture?

>LOL I HATE FAGGOTS BTW BOOKS NOW MY THREAD IS ON TOPIC HAHAHA
fuck off

What makes you people feel thee need to create a thread impersonating a made up strawman of your "cultural enemies" on one of your echo chambers?
You gain nothing from this. You and I both know you won't read anything recommended to you, and the thread will degenerate into (not Yea Forums related) homophobic/transphobic shitposting. You may as well go on /pol/ and make a thread about how much you hate homosexuals.

if leftists were legit, they'd go after gays and trannies, seeing all the capitalists support them

Attached: D7_tJdxXYAAdRr8.jpg (2048x2048, 572K)

FUCK
how long till we get to kill these fags???

Attached: 1518818612646.png (344x273, 140K)

you people already have the mainstream media and reddit to make strawmen and denigrate anyone who doesn't conform to the corporate monoculture, so it's fair game. if you can't handle the heat why are you even here? do you have any books that might convince me?

no, YOU fuck off

Attached: 1522530847811.jpg (499x333, 32K)

>Companies smell money in the gay market therefore gays bad
How nice of you to admit you're strawmanning people user
There's already been a number of recommendations. Other than that, I recommend talking to the people you hate so much. I was raised by a conservative catholic family and was quite transphobic until a very good friend of mine came out as a transgender man.

>God forbid gays aren't "just like everybody else," etc (but also, their experience is so wildly different you can't even think about it!).

in more enlightened times, these people would have been diagnosed as clinical narcissists and ignored, but our culture places them on a pedestal as model citizens and consumers, replaceing the idea of the hardworking family man. can any book explain how this happened in an historical way? seriously.

Why does Mann have an English translation of a German book on his desk? Just for language practice?

oh wow, did you kiss him on the mouth?

No. We flirted a bit and touched each other during one particular art history class though, it was great.

i hope you made sure there were at least two small children watching, its your duty as a fag to do so!

I'd kiss you on the mouth user, I feel like may have been a while

Why the hell would there be children in a highschool classroom. It was a couple of years ago now but I'm pretty sure no one saw us.
Which reminds me, I don't live in a prude country and I've seen straight couples kissing and touching each other in public places like parks and such, where there could absolutely be children watching. Should I hate straight people? I'd prefer not to, I'm pretty sure the girl I like is straight.

wait, were you actually being serious? i thought it was some other user LARPing as you for a joke.

I love this post. First you state a position which I never claimed to hold and which is only held by the political fringes, then you tell me to "make up my mind" about it, and, based on this strawman, you claim to have divined my literary tastes and have concluded that I read YA. It's such a superlative example of the /pol/ack's ignorance and faulty reasoning it's amazing.

Of course this thread is going to be at the top of Yea Forums all day and will reach 150+ replies. God, I wish there was a better place to discuss literature.

Of course. He was a great friend. Fuck you, now I miss him

Sodomites are disgusting animals and subhuman.

Not him, but it's amazing how you drones adapted the same writing style and vocabulary so uniformly.

If leftists were legit, they'd go after clean water and non-poisoned food, seeing as all the capitalists support them

Attached: 5015552603130_512x512.png (512x512, 245K)

If you're serious, you would probably want to read The Penetrated Male and the books that are mentioned in its description.

so my Qu'ran thread got 404'd but this stays?? FUCK YOU MODS

There's all these capitalists selling shit to the working class. If leftists were legit, they'd go after them.

The unchaste and voluptuous are to be held in detestation.

Based

Cringe

Based af

Attached: 406de29b96a02a0b.png (1280x791, 125K)

Attached: f49859115fbf8a2b90b60632565a5972f140352d36ddec942c89d086b8efcbe0.webm (616x360, 493K)

bait

based

imagine being so pathetic you reply to your own thread by congratulating yourself

Attached: 1558407051196.png (1000x2000, 122K)

What gave me away

You, like, don't have any braincells, do you?

the part where you fondled a man and the part where you said you miss fondling him. disgusting

But I thought you people thought trans men weren't really men?

>I recommend talking to the people you hate so much

theoretically I have nothing against gays and trannies, sure they are just dudes who want to fuck dudes, or even a smaller minority of dudes that want to be women, but every last one of them just happens to be insufferable for some reason. also they are all indoctrinated liberals and devoid of independent thought.

Am in insufferable to you user? You make me sad.

wait, so it was a chick who was LARPing as a dude?

user, we're on a literature board (Admittedly, on a thread that has nothing to do with literature) and you haven't even read my posts.

A significant portion of the gays I have met where conservative Mishima readers, or British conservatives, or catholic conservatives, or similar. All enjoyed Plato and where somehow involved with studying something related to the Platonic or Christian tradition. One of them did karate and another muay thai. Several enjoyed D'Annunzio's poetry. I think you should go out more

Reminder, homosexuality was practised somewhat in the aristocratic elite of ancient Greece and Rome, it was literally nothing more than a fetish, there is no identity to homosexuality it is simply a fetish that Greek and Roman aristocrats would partake in the dead of night, and then return to their heterosexual families, stop creating your own identity as a 'homosexual' this is completely new and made up, there is no pride or shame in having a fetish.

Nice bait, but you people are the cancer that is destroying Yea Forums. Effortposts and threads seeking genuine discussion get 50 replies at most, while this low-IQ tier trash will inevitably garner 200 replies and become the most popular thread on Yea Forums. You're not interested in exploring LGBT literature, you don't care that gays have such a large presence in the western canon, you don't want to engage in a charitable conversation where both sides explore different perspectives, you don't even want a honest debate on whether homosexuality is acceptable; all you want is to spew out unintelligent garbage like this () and be rewarded with (You)s and Based!s all day long while "triggering the redditors".
I know that it's "Yea Forums's culture" to be a degenerate autist smearing shit on the walls and screeching while others are trying to engage in fruitful conversation, but seeing this shit every day on the literature board is disheartening.

Irony is wasted on the stupid.

Imagine actually having to reduce the world down to the level of children's toys for your view of it to feel right. It's almost as if it doesn't fit, and you have to chop off a bunch of details to... oh, sorry.

it might be just one or two persons

>caps like em
GOTTA OWN THE CAPS, THAT'S THE ONLY GOAL!

when i see someone describe someone else as a "man" i automatically assume that they're referring to a person with a penis because i'm not insane.

based truthposter

One should always pay close attention to adjectives and adverbs, user. There's no literature without them, in my opinion.

its also not up to you to distort the meanings of words because they hurt your fee-fees. its not my job to learn the terms of classification in your mentally deranged sex cult.

>words have inherent meaning
oh user

>distort the meanings
Yes, because one or another meaning can be measurably more a distortion than the other. Sounds have objective purpose. There's only one language everyone: user figured it out.

>ad hominem
you, like, don't have a counter argument do you?

Attached: 1561937863848.jpg (960x932, 90K)

>words have no meaning
>anyone can be a man! that rock over there can be a man!

Attached: 34565434index.jpg (217x232, 10K)

Attached: 1564551557698.jpg (1024x706, 74K)

>transgender scholars

Attached: index.jpg (238x212, 10K)

Attached: 1555887946120.png (1506x3976, 443K)

read narcissistic globalist media academic elites, corporate social engineers and cultural marxist nomenklatura

Friendly reminder that all faggots are pedophiles.