and that's a good thing

Are you a eunuch?

Reactionary, no. Authoritarian, yes.

the sexual appeal is not beauty. it is obscenity

Wrong.

Attached: Beauty.jpg (2028x1650, 935K)

Why?

How?

Speaking of beauty, anyone have a link to the Scruton doc that is't in potato resolution?
The youtube is like 360p, and I couldn't find a torrent.

Kim Kardashian's butt may be sexually attractive but nothing in her is beautiful. Extrapolable to all nigger-tier whores

Attached: 1568161352244.jpg (1536x2048, 412K)

Modernity since it started has declared war to beauty, and it is getting gradually worse this days.

Every modern autoritarism ends developing a sort of kitsch realism, which is disgusting. True beauty is aristocratic by definition, it is not made for fulfilling the wishes of the masses

Attached: 3Ivanov.jpg (769x600, 255K)

>Modernity
Who? What?

>Kim Kardashian's butt
It's gross, just like your picture.

Attached: $.jpg (634x681, 106K)

you do know that Baudelaire invented modernism right

>ugly people talking about beauty

>The feeling of ugliness must be properly based. Ugliness cannot be grounded on any definite concept or set of rules; such a judgment would not be aesthetic at all.
What did Kant meme by this?

Attached: noumenalized again.jpg (300x400, 35K)

Soviet art is great though

It's a little one note don't you think? I mean it nails the one thing it tries to do, but by its very nature invests all its energies in that one confident propagandistic image of the Proletarian Glory, etc. It's really not that imaginative. All the best artists and stuff to come out of Russia from that time were completely at odds with the state.

>Kant
>properly based

Beauty cannot be stopped and it is not reactionary.

Attached: billy-porter-dress-oscars-2019.jpg (2000x1393, 1.66M)

Central conflict of a human existence (and a conflict of Eastern/Western civilizations) is beauty vs love. A human wants both, but which one takes priority has drastic consequences.

Beauty is the splendour of the True

Invented the term modernity, which is different

I'll argue that it's unfair to compare the entire history of European (or Chinese, or Japanese, or whatever) art under monarchism to that of the Soviets under The Party or Nazism under the Fuhrer because the former two lasted less than 100 years put together, and every monrachist tradition is several decades old. They had far more time to practice art and philosophy (in the sense of its relation to art). One could say then
>oh well just compare Ostrogothic Art, or early Roman Art, or early Greek Art to Nazi/Soviet Art and I still think it's better!
and that's true, but my point still stands: these traditions themselves draw from traditions that have been lost to us (Greek Art is based on Egypto-Semitic traditions and innovations in reaction to Egypto-Semitic traditions filling in the gaps where the Mycenaean Artistic tradition was lost). The Nazis and the Soviets both made a big show about cutting themselves off from prior artistic traditions (embracing an imagined tradition is still cutting yourself off from prior traditions).

tl;dr the Soviets and Nazis didn't have enough time to properly cultivate a big artistic tradition that can rival monarchism.

Ok, this picture proves that I am right.

Then so be it.

does this justify poop fetish