Any good books about atheism?

Attached: 1568308317931.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Meslier
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_evil_(cosmology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Essential:
The End of Faith (2004) by Dr. Samuel Harris
The God Delusion (2006) by Dr. Richard Dawkins
Breaking the Spell (2006) by Dr. Daniel Dennett
God is Not Great (2007) by Christopher Hitchens

Supplementary:
Free Will (2012) by Dr. Samuel Harris
Brief Answers to the Big Questions (2018) by Professor Stephen Hawking

Attached: 1502891189589.jpg (600x392, 35K)

Spinoza's Ethics

Cope

I haven't seen this dudes face in ages lol. I remember being like 12 watching youtube atheist BTFO videos on youtube a decade ago. What a fucking wasted life.

why is he called aron ra, tell me bout him, anons.

*blocks nietzsche's path*

Attached: gods not dead movie poster.jpg (1026x1500, 225K)

Why are all the YouTube atheists burnout losers?

He's just a washed up weirdo that I didn't like even back when I was binging atheist shit.

It's the name of a prophet and a pagan God because he's an edgy metalhead cunt

Why are all these guys "card-carrying" skeptics/atheists? Is it because they desperately want to be part of a religious community, while simultaneously upholding an image of individualism? What would happen when they are presented with their own internal self-contradiction?

Turns out that rejecting religion leads to a nihilistic, self-indulgent lifestyle that causes you to become a fat, binge-drinking, chain-smoking slob.

Myth of Sissy

based

These titles sound cringe as fuck

Because rejection of God and your own soul turns you into a human shaped flesh husk.

>all post 2000
Atheism really is the most brainlet philosophy.

is pop continental philosophy littered with fedoras like it seems in the anglosphere?

I mean, not fedoras, but no bonafide philosopher is going to believe in god for obvious reasons. they just don't base their entire personality around that point.

TJ Kirk's collected essays

Provide one (1) piece of convincing evidence for the existence of the god of your religion.

Atheist epistemology (reserve judgement on that which is not proven) goes back to the Greeks.

not a single Greek philosopher said that no god exists

Nice, now try responding to what I actually said, not your own strawman of it.

>DEBATE ME!!1 *shits pants*
No lol

If you go back any farther you'd have been shot for being a communist, a homosexual, a long-hair, etc. People didn't in recent memory allow for freedom of speach. That only lasted for the late 90s and early two-thousands. Don't believe me? Go get banned for unpopular opinions in current year then check out how people talked in the early two-thousands. It's been tumbling down since then. Even HP triggered christfaggots to the point of HP getting on the news as satan worship when it's merely atheistic in nature. The way that works is you MUSTworship satan if not christian. That's just how bible thumpers think.if you shat on christianity you'd have been killed pre-90s. In the 90s people didn't read philosphy as much as they do now. Just don't believe in shit. Duh. THere's no point in having those books but the goth, the emo, that edgy phase of expression caused them to be written during that specific time peroid.

I have not, and will not, ever read philosphy to begin with though. Of any kind. Only sheep need to be programmed like that so it's very ironic to have some maverick book about programming other mavericks to be mavericks. That's not how sheeple work. No one should have written those ironic things. It's pointless.

Shitloads of people have believed it for a long fucking time. And if you read about the death of Christ a lot of powerful romans that you'd think would normally brush an inconvenient political situation under the rug and make up a story were shitting themselves for some reason.

Tacitus is the only Roman author who mentions the death of Christ, and even that quote is disputed (a lot of textual critics think it was inserted later by a Christian scribe). But even if we are to take the quote as genuine, he only mentions him to give context and explain who the Christians were, since they were the group Nero blamed for the fires. Anyway, the acknowledgement of Jesus by a Roman writer doesn't prove that Jesus was divine. Tacitus acknowledged a lot of different figures in his writings; are we to conclude that everyone Tacitus mentions is divine?

David Hume and Russel are far better atheists.

And that's a good thing.

Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and Stirner

>convincing

jean meslier
auguste comte

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Meslier

jean meslier was a catholic priest who was secretly an atheist

>if you shat on christianity you'd have been killed pre-90s.

>I have not, and will not, ever read philosphy to begin with though. Of any kind. Only sheep need to be programmed like that

Attached: 1567077058882.jpg (685x511, 39K)

I'm reading God is Not Great and it's really bad. Just a long stream of Christian hate with a few good chapters sprinkled in.

Diagoras of Melos

Attached: 1561846032879.jpg (570x587, 43K)

Socrates, as he was killed for atheism.

>If you go back any farther you'd have been shot for being a communist, a homosexual, a long-hair, etc
lol okay

Carl Sagan'z book.

The Bible.

What did he coom to?

The God Delusion is something I'm looking forward to.

Nihilism, by Seraphim Rose.

Actually quite thoughtful unlike the pleb Sam Harris recommendations in this thread.

>Atheist epistemology

Attached: 1566716553347.png (500x498, 270K)

fuck you and your stupid post

I laft.

>Provide one (1) piece of convincing evidence for the existence of the god of your religion.
No need to

>Dr.

Attached: 8649F33C-3992-40F0-8AE2-9A3AD8201BBC.jpg (720x588, 33K)

>you can prove that which exists outside of human perception
Read Kant, Gödel, and WLC.

he looks exactly like the patriotic Spurdo lmao

mother of dog

The Gospel According to Jesus Christ by Jos Saramago
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti
The Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan
The Ancestor’s Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution by Richard Dawkins
Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant

Atheism is gay

Attached: 1566669549291.jpg (1763x1652, 975K)

The problem with atheism is that some people treat their lack of belief in a god as a religion, and many even try to spread it to others, like a religion. Catholicism and many other branches of Christianity are based around good will and self-improvement, the average atheist will see the lack of a god as a reason to stop virtuous acts. This drives stagnation because the moment you stop trying to constantly improve your life, the moment you stop considering new ideas, (The Bible is a great read desu.) that is when you stagnate. That is the genesis of these youtube shitstains.
t. atheist

>the average atheist will see the lack of a god as a reason to stop virtuous acts.
Then why does literally every single country on Earth have a lower % of atheists in jail than among the overall population?

No, the real problem with atheism is that it isn't taken to its full conclusion. Most atheists don't believe in a deity, which is a good first step, but nothing else. If you want to be authentic in your atheism, you also need to look at the artificial seperations between good and evil, the absence of which nullifies any overriding moral system, and the artificial seperation between being and non-being, which makes the whole idea of creation and a teleology of existence void. Atheism, when not taken to its final conclusion, will merely revert to old theistic dogmas out of convenience, and can never truly set the nonbeliever free

Uhh... Kant and Godel contradict each other.
WLC and Kant contradict each other too.
What is going on?

7 Types of Atheism by John Gray.

Then you don’t have a good reason to believe in god. Taking it on faith is just cope because your afraid of death and isn’t a rational argument.

Lol Kant destroyed the ontological argument anyway

he's projecting and likely has no friends

>the average atheist will see the lack of a god as a reason to stop virtuous acts.
typical christcuck cope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_evil_(cosmology)

The point is that is not a rational argument

Argument from ignorance