Does Yea Forums love Lain?

Does Yea Forums love Lain?
Any laincore book recs?

Attached: 38F91507-F2C1-44A4-B15F-99113E7B019C.jpg (472x382, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cjas.org/~leng/open.htm
fauux.neocities.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump, I am interested.

Permutation City by Greg Egan
Its also a philosophical exploration of artificial reality, check it out.

Never really understand whats was the point of that story....
lain is cute anyways

lain is love

The whole thing is an exploration of Jean-Paul Sartre’s philosophy, so you could start there.

Fanged Noumena obvs

Attached: 1554173687909.gif (739x416, 84K)

>lain
>Jean-Paul Sartre
How are the two related? I never read him, but he seemed more focused on politics than anything Lain.

I was reading Prometheus Rising the same time I was watching Lain.

It’s just one of those things you either get or you don’t. I’m not trying to sound pretentious, and I don’t think only smart people can understand Lain, but it takes a certain kind of individual to fully appreciate it.
I also want to recommend Texhnolyze to anyone who liked Lain and its cyberpunk aesthetic.

this is some very tactical bait; you can use this as a reply to almost any post on Yea Forums

Attached: 151101040297.jpg (600x600, 63K)

>but it takes a certain kind of individual to fully appreciate it.
The illusion is shattered when I remember that my mom likes Lain.

whats your moms number :))

this
present day; present time; present number

She's number one to me.

This site has been around since the early 2000s.
cjas.org/~leng/open.htm

I really love these old websites. They're such a time-capsule, especially if they haven't been updated in ten or twenty years. Though it sometimes makes me wonder why they haven't been updated. I hope that none of these people have died.

I have never received a higher compliment.

dumb tranny
kill yourself animefaggot

Fuck off from our anime website and then kill yourself

I would say it uses some of Jean's wrenches, without having his exact focus. It would be better to just call it existentialist. JPS's The Look is a very good, quick reading on the subject that'll help with Lain/Evangelion. From there on, Lacan's conception of the gaze is probably better developed. Or in more recent history, "Othering" has sorta been rehashed as "Queering," only the latter more often applies to huge groups-themselves rather than per-individual imo, which I find to violate the whole... well, go read The Look. I can't remember if it's just a short piece of an excerpt from B&N, but it's short.

Anyone who got Eva should get Lain. They're similar, but Lain struck me as more female. Both characters have problems with being seen by others. Shinji wants to be the protagonist, but can't deal with other people having their own fishbowls/being separate from them. Lain, more directly, is under constant surveillance and just can't deal with other people seeing her--and just wants to change what people see, if not vanish entirely. She's first and foremost more worried about what's being done to her than what she is/isn't allowed to do to others, unlike Shinji the cumbrain.

Both shows give the characters what they want, only for said characters yo realize all the problems that come with it. Shinji reaches such godhood that he becomes "everyone," with no more barriers, only to realize that without others he has noone to fuck; he subsequently ejaculates himself from godhood because that's what Shinji does. Meanwhile lain goes from wanting love to wanting invisibility, eventually attaining a godhood where she can look down at everyone else without being looked back at. Only, she regrets it, and comes to will a god who can look down at her as well or something like that. I watched Lain far less recently.

They also both have other stuff of course. Lain on technology, Eva on anime more directly. I guess Eva also tried its hand at being vaguely political, but the Jet Alone episode really stopped holding up after Fukushima (and all the aid the US sent to help fix that disaster).

Yurikuma Arashi is also pretty great, and much more overlooked. It's closer to Blade Runner than it is to either of the other two anime I memtioned.

Attached: 250px-Lain_Split_Personnalities.jpg (250x261, 27K)

(cont.)
>The Look
I can't find exactly what I wanted to link, but I remember an example like walking through the woods. You see bushes, trees, etc. You get to play the solipsist for a while, but then you see someone coming down the trail and you think "Fuck!" and go through some dumb routine where you try to be courteous but also not start a conversation. Even if the feelings are mutual, you're still entering eachother's space, and it's a pain. It's like two priests seeing eachother at a gay bar.

Another example I've heard is cute anime girls. Imagine you and your bros are talking about who the cutest fictional character is, and someone blurts out, "Dolores!" from Lolita. Or worse, they just use the narrator's name for her, "Lolita." Now imagine you're Dolores walking through the woods, and grown men are calling you cute. Maybe that's just the truth, but if you're aware of how they might be looking at you, they're basically slapping you in the face with a solid brick of Nabokov every time they walk by. And, back to the boys, your cute anime girl game is now ruined, because you see your gaze-itself being gazed upon, and feel likely guilty due to all your lament being inherently hypocritical. You uninstall KanColle and shoot yourself in the head. Or everyone else, if you're Shinji. Truly life is but the delusional pursuit of anime girls: beings that are not even fully coherent, and yet still completely burnt into your mind's eye. The point-blank loneliness goes on.

Attached: 1566487459477.jpg (1024x1002, 136K)

>Any laincore book recs?
“Oedipus Rex”

>short piece of an excerpt
or an excerpt*

I think anti-anime newfags might be the worst of the newfags

Attached: 1566093433101.jpg (500x1200, 102K)

anime is normalfag shit though

the three star rating really rubs it in

LAIN IS FUCKING GARBAGE
I WANT TO KILL EVERYONE WHO LIKES LAIN.
IT
IS
FUCKING
SHIT.
IT HAS NO DEPTH. NO MEANING. OOOHOHOHO THEY MENTION PROUST, HOW ~INTELLECTUAL~ FUCKIONG RETARDS. THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE TALENT. EVERY GOOD IDEA AND CONCEPT IS SQUANDERED. WOW CAN COMPUTER CREATE GOD?? UHH ITS JUST SOME RANDOM LONG-HAIRED EDGELORD WHO FLIES AROUND. SOOO. FUCKIONG. DEEP.
EVANGELION IS VINDICATED BY THE EFFECTIVENESS OF ITS FORM. IT IS A VERY VISCERAL, PUNGENT SHOW. LAIN IS LIMP. DEAD. FLAT. IT IS NOTHINGl. FUCK YOU. YOU ONLY LIKE IT BECAUSE 1. YOU'RE A THIRSTY WEEABOO SHITHEAD WHO FINDS LAIN CUTE 2. YOU'RE A TRANNY WHO IDENTIFIES WITH LAIN 3. BOTH
IF LAIN STARRED AN UGLY BITCH OR A DUDE NONE OF YOU LEGION OF TASTELESS RETARDS WOULD LIKE IT

damn, the whole site is nostalgic as fuck, this and listening to some old hits on spotify made me sad

Attached: 2017-2013-the-same-pc-me-irl-25989310.png (500x482, 126K)

I'm sorry user I don't have any more dough to write pasta with, and I'm quite drunk by now

what the fuck. dont reply to me. "i dont have any more dough to write pasta with" do you think that's cutesy? also you're the kinda guy, i think, who likes to advertise the fact they're drinking. hey guys, hey random online ppl, im drinking right now. :) faggot. typical. of course you'd like lain. yeah. fuck off. i even call you a faggot but only a heterosexual could be so boring and tasteless. unless you really are a faggot. in which case faggot.

she doesnt have to understand it to like it. the interesting thing about lain is that you can just see it as a show about a highschool girl that has a cool aesthetic and is very prophetic about the internet. even the pleb interpretation is interesting.

Who hurt you user?

Drink with me, user. I love you

So when will the border be disintegrated?

fauux.neocities.org/

obviously