Music is bad for the mind and bad for the soul...

Music is bad for the mind and bad for the soul. You can't expect to become someone capable of living a literary lifestyle if you fill your brain with mush all day. Tunebrains = cumbrains = worthless. Show some respect for your mind and your body and yourself.

Attached: 2005PhilSpectorPA170512-413x620.jpg (413x620, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m7_-RBl0lfY
youtu.be/XR9d4ESlpHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How could this possibly be bad for the soul?

youtube.com/watch?v=m7_-RBl0lfY

I listen to way more music than I read. Feel free to pick a topic and debate me.

Music is like literature.. but actually with soul.

/thread

nice hair

Dumb tunebrains, repent.

This has to be bait. Please tell me this is bait.

hahaha yeah bro music is good for the soul, just hang out and enjoy yourself

Attached: 8NdUpxUv_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

"Listening" to music is as worthless as "listening" to audiobooks. If you refuse to read the sheet music you're getting NOTHING from the experience. Less than nothing.
>B-But it sounds good! Just turn your brain off and enjoy it!
OH MY GOD. Just stop.

It is true that I waste an inordinate amount of time listening to Shostakovich, Mahler, Wagner and Schnittke, but I just can't stop. Once the music is on, I have to constantly restart that last overture, that one movement, that one symphony or suite.
There is no escape from music.

Attached: Shostakovich my face my soul.png (986x678, 263K)

I don't know why but I don't enjoy music anymore.
I try to listen to shit but I just get bored out of my mind.

>Music is bad for the mind and bad for the soul. You can't expect to become someone capable of living a literary lifestyle if you fill your brain with mush all day. Tunebrains = cumbrains = worthless.
has Yea Forums gone to far?

>Shostakovich and Schnittke
yikes

>not liking Shostakovich
cringe

just means you've outgrown the stuff

>Not liking the greatest composer of the 20th century
It's like you have no taste

Attached: Shostakovich.jpg (959x639, 152K)

That happened to me with rock and folk music about 4 years ago.

Maybe not. Are you a Muslim, OP?

you're a cumbrain unless you spend at least 10 solid hours per day meditating. even reading gives you little pleasure signals in the brain that you become a slave to. and when meditating, make sure to keep your mind as blank as possible. some thoughts can cause excitement.
do you feel some nervous energy in the back of your mind? something that says "go and be active, live your life, use your body and mind"? that voice simply needs to be drowned out and quietly suffocated through years of hard dedication to eliminating addiction to all cumbrain-like activities.

reading to much should be considered harmful

Music has infinite possibilities. You probably just need to find something that is better suited to your sensibilities. But there’s nothing wrong with silence either.

Tone-deaf OP
youtu.be/XR9d4ESlpHY

Attached: image.jpg (524x400, 26K)

absolutely based