How's the writing career coming, Yea Forums?

How's the writing career coming, Yea Forums?

Attached: images.png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UnkBUTheIC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's.. not coming.

COOMING GOOD

Attached: 831.png (1044x869, 174K)

BUT I AM!!
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkBUTheIC0

I almost wrote something today.

Attached: självbelåten.png (307x315, 43K)

I got a 4500 word fiction piece published early this year. Took a break to move countries and jobs. Now I just got my poetry shit going again.

What should I work towards next now? Novella perhaps? Eventual goal being getting a book published by somewhere respectable.

Can you even call it "publishing" when it's that short?

You should work on whatever strikes you. I get ideas for stories, poems, etc. from the oddest of places and at the oddest of times, but then I go from there. Obviously "only write when you're inspired" is a dumb idea that only pseuds believe in; sometimes you have to grind out pages. But as far as actually starting something, and having an idea you want to turn into a story, you really can't force it. You have to have it kind of ambush you.

Up to about 60k words, 20k-ish more until I start the final edit. The normies I've showed it to enjoy it.
Just start writing, you'll make it if you try.

Sure, why not. Tons of shorter shit get published too. Some editorial team that has made their way through thousands and thousands of of shit pieces has selected yours to be good enough to be published and printed. It's good shit senpai

I've gotten more than one short story published that was shorter than that.

>his work was not appreciated in his time

Attached: 0FnuQL3.jpg (600x315, 25K)

thinking about writing eroguro fiction and feeding it to Amazon's self-publishing algorithm and see what happens.

If you're writing for appreciation, you deserve to fail.
Write for yourself, never be a pseud.

I wrote something really short, but I don't have anyone to share it with for feedback. What do you anons do?

I have two half finished books, so...we'll see.

just combine them and publish.

combine them and promote it as some avant garde shit

Join closed message boards and chat channels. Whatever you do, don't post it here on Yea Forums, you'll torpedo its chances of getting published.

Is wattpad worth using?

I havent really written anything in weeks. My job sucks everything out of me.

last time I was there it was YA and fanfiction as far as the eye could see

>I was walking down the street when all of the sudden a nigger stopped me
>hey check this out you're going to give me your wallet or Imma whoop yo ass
>I shook and said w-what
>nigga did I stutter? take out your wallet or imma beat yo ass
>I reach down my pants and took out my wallet and handed it over
>now gimme dem sneakers
>I took out my sneakers and gave them to him
>okay now get the fuck on
>I stood there and stared at him
>bitch I said get the fuck on
>I closed my eyes and launched my first straight into his temple and he fell back half way
>motherfucking ass cracka now u ded
>I kicked his head while he was trying to stand up
>haha who's the bitch now nigger?!
>I kicked his teeth in one more time
>i took my wallet back and my sneakers
>hahaha fuck you niiiiiger

I had written a fuckton of stuff during a duration of positive symptoms of schizophrenia but then when I came back to reality I read it and realized how crazy it was then deleted it all

so total shit like everything else in my life if I didn't have fucking handouts

>then deleted it all

Attached: 1566111811628.jpg (641x530, 46K)

Is there a better alternative?

well I'm scared that someone I know in real life will find it then start trying to do shit like get me to the hospital and all that
it happens all the time if someone finds out about any of the problems
I get people who ghost me, try to help without understanding anything about it, or in the very rare case somewhat get it and don't bother me unless I look or sound like I'm about to get into trouble

and like clockwork I just got a text message from someone who find out a little more than they should have know because I didn't keep my mouth shut
paranoia always doesn't seem like bullshit what a weird coincidence

Started writing a play only to realize I've never had a solid original idea in my life. Writing fiction is like pulling teeth. Maybe I'll just stick to essays.

came up with a shit idea that seemed good at first
wrote a passage
realized the premise was absurdly shit
gave up

Journalist getting paid 65k a year so decent I guess. Only backside is my audience which are literal 98 IQ retards so that sucks.

>THE premise

There is your mistake

Not bad my dude. How is the industry?

adapt something older

I don't follow.

Bleeding money. Im only making that becuase of unions (scandinavian).

SA

something awful? Really?

I can just tell the publisher I want to use a pseudonym, right? Or should I use the pseudonym when submitting, and only tell them after I've been accepted?

I think I'm going to kill myself

Got a BA in History, but decided to go to graduate school for Computer Science (since my grades were ok, I had a comp science related minor, and my school is desperate for cash)

I'm good at computer security and dfir related work, but I hate programming. I wanted to get a PhD studying Labor history in the US, but my advisor told me that I wasn't good enough to go all the way (which is probably true), it'd be like another 7 years in school on starvation stipends (if I even got paid), and even if I got accepted into a program there'd be no jobs for me when I got out of school.

Thinking about dropping out to go into the priesthood, then studying Labour history along with a Master's in Divinity/Pastoral Studies, then go onto write abut social justice issues and the precarious conditions facing workers around the world.

Sucks man.

Why labor history? That sounds extremely dry.

Why would you write? All the best stuff has already been written. I only read.

Attached: tfw_to_inteligint.jpg (223x226, 10K)

I find it interesting and important. The relation of Americans to their work and places of employment is far more relevant to the vast majority of people than military or ancient history. It's something they're going to be dealing with their entire lives.

It's interesting studying why the United States changed into a fully service economy, why wages have not risen in 40 years, why the NLRA stopped being enforced, why the suicide rate is currently as high as it was during the Great Depression and birthrates are as low as they've been in the mid-70s, why a public healthcare option is being attacked by Democrats as "an assault on patient choice", what's caused the rise in underemployment and the rise in the "misery index", why so many titans of industry need a tax-payer bailout once a decade, etc.

Every post industrial country has become (or is becoming) a service economy. The reason it seems wages aren't rising is because the job market is becoming more and more reliant on IQ. Add in an influx of tens of millions of illegals + automation and it becomes more clear. The pay raises are going towards programmers, data science, medical field, etc.

>reliant on IQ
What?

Anyway the correct answer is that high-wage, unionized manufacturing disappeared in the first world and appeared in the third in order to reduce labor costs and reduce the power that unions had over developed society in the 70s. Wages aren't rising, despite workers being more educated than ever before and more worked than any generation since the early 20th century and productivity at historic highs, because the end of unions signaled an end of worker power to bargain for greater wages and better working conditions. The collapse in living-standards (including the fall in life-expectancy in the US) is linked to the falling standard of employment conditions and increase in financial squeeze that most Americans are feeling now (since stagnated wages are the equivalent of pay-decreases over time, as costs begin to rise).

When it comes to coding jobs, there's been a massive push by the private sector to increase US students going into coding for the purpose of being able to lower wages for programmers (which most companies believe is too high). Many public school districts are required to teach coding, for the purpose of making it an "unskilled profession", which would allow companies to start cutting salaries with more people in the profession (which wouldn't happen if the workers were organized and protected each other).

The argument that illegals are driving down wages is mostly racist. Part of Hart-Celler was to encourage workers (skilled and unskilled) from the third world to come to the US in order to increase competition and drive down wages (and reduce union power). This was highly unsuccessful, part of the reason why companies (being unable to bring in workers to reduce costs in the US) undertook expensive moves to the third world.

I think you should write to share. Not to be appreciated, but to give people something worth appreciating. Otherwise you're just taking notes and/or sucking your own cock.

good post

Thank you. Nice trips yourself.

Wrong. Like I said, wages aren't rising for low IQ jobs pic related. The job market today is much more reliant on IQ compared to the past and productivity is at historic highs mostly because of technological changes and advancements. Liberals think that a farm hand should receive a pay bump because some new fertilizer was created (thus increasing productivity) when in reality the farm hand is easily replaceable and all those wage gains will go to the scientists creating the fertilizer. One job is easily replaceable while the other is very difficult to replace. There are few scenarios where the demand for workers outpaces supply in which case salaries certainly do grow (look at truck drivers, they've seen a great bump in wages recently).

The coding part of your response is absolutely ridiculous. Programming isn't like fixing a toilet, it's not a skill that's learned and duplicated. It relies on logic, creative thinking, and a myriad of other skills and most importantly THERE"S HUGE VARIANCES between the level of skill for each programmer. Why the fuck would proficient programmers agree to unionize so the idiots of their field can lower the bar? This is one of the few careers in which a true free market exists. Where if you're smart enough you could work at Google even as a dropout. Ask yourself why Geohotz, the guy who hacked the PS3 and iPhone, was receiving job offers for millions and he's a college dropout.

Attached: Changes-in-Real-Wage-Levels-of-US-Male-Workers-by-Education.jpg (1093x665, 85K)

Lastly is the illegals question (and their Hispanic children who end up as citizens) driving down costs. The answer is they don't drive down costs for everyone, just mostly blacks and lower IQ whites. As the chart shows the average income by race, you tell me who are Hispanics competing with for a job; the retail jobs and other lower end positions or the "high IQ" jobs like data scientist, programmer, doctor, etc?

The data is clear, the average Hispanic does not compete with Whites or Asians for a job, they compete directly with Blacks.

Attached: 11557889-large.jpg (380x251, 76K)

I think the most simple explanation is that male only jobs pay more.
Coding, trucking, trades, they're all mostly male only.
Still coding it doesn't mean that a lot of the coding won't be automated in the future.
A lot of the coding jobs for example are for making apps and snazzy websites.
There is nothing stopping some asshole from making a program that makes it easier in the future.
Just like wix made it possible for the average normie to make websites.

Have you tried not acting crazy?

Mental health issues should only show if you're too intellectualy stunted to control yourself or if you're looking for attention.

People don't want to deal with you because they have their own problems and don't disturb other people's existences with them.

>Guy is a schizo
>"Have you tried not acting crazy?"
Holy shit have you tried not acting stupid?

Attached: 1562780398495.jpg (678x791, 94K)