Predicts that the "West" will decline due to cultural reasons, rather than economic ones

>Predicts that the "West" will decline due to cultural reasons, rather than economic ones
>Claims idealism is deterministic throughout history
>Claims science and technology are worth more than art and philosophy, basically a STEMlord before STEMlords
>is a reactionary and a nationalist
>Claims everything's fucked and we're all doomed
Why is he shilled here? I dont get it. If you want cultural criticism, go for Adorno/Benjamin, and if you want an interpretation of history, go for Marx.

Attached: oswald-spengler.jpg (900x512, 48K)

>Predicts that the "West" will decline due to cultural reasons, rather than economic ones
It's more of a natural cycle, than "cultural" reasons.
>Claims science and technology are worth more than art and philosophy, basically a STEMlord before STEMlords
He says Western civ in the modern world has put more weight into tech than into art.
>is a reactionary and a nationalist
He says Caesarim will come back, not that he likes it to come back. And he wasn't a nationalist. His concept of "blood" is not people sharing genetic traits (he abhorred Nazism) but rather people with the same outlook.
>Claims everything's fucked and we're all doomed
H's right. Until the cycle begins again, we're fucked.

There's a difference between observing and describing reality and promoting and supporting what you see. You faggots need to learn this difference

>His concept of "blood" is not people sharing genetic traits (he abhorred Nazism) but rather people with the same outlook.
He did believe in a certain genetic base, though

Everybody does, you don't seek to convert oak trees to communism.

>and if you want an interpretation of history, go for Marx.

Marx's philosophy of history was wrong. The last century of history have given us no reason to believe Spengler was wrong.

source?

I think we've already been through a few cycles since his work. Thanks to globalization of resource distribution we don't feel them as heavy. Global collapse of civilization won't happen with the current outlook on technology and life, unless climate change comes into play.

>I think we've already been through a few cycles since his work
we haven't. we're still at the same cycle, just a different phase, perhaps.

I mean what about the Great Depression? America in the 60s was in a gold age after recovering from it. Is this not a cycle?

Even with Germany, the country has so much natural resources, and an important geopolitical location, that it was able to recover from two world wars, and technically the cold war, while being ran by completely incompetent people.

Times have changed, it's not like the Roman Empire where bunch of savager can just wipe your out from the face of the world.

>If you want cultural criticism, go for Adorno/Benjamin, and if you want an interpretation of history, go for Marx.
"yeah dog just go read authors that have completely different ideas from Spengler, the topic is the same lol"
dumb cunt.

his books lol

>America in the 60s was in a gold age after recovering from it.
lmao
>what about the Great Depression?
>is this not a cycle
yes, an economic cycle. spengler is talking about CIVILIZATIONAL cycles, retard. The Depression - World War - Golden Age & Moon Landing cycle are still a part of the cycle of western civilization.

>times have changed, it's not like the roman empire where a bunch of savager (sic) can just wipe your (sic) out from the face of the world
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1562433485296.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

Seems like you have mental problems, my guy.

seems like you have no argument

>its another thread criticising spengler without actually pointing out anything he was wrong about
just another day passes by

Attached: 1537580738300.jpg (539x587, 95K)

read his chapter on economics and tell me the dude didn't know his shit, he basically said the gold standard is entirely fictitious and predicted we'll use fiat money in the future

Attached: Spengler.jpg (459x287, 45K)

He also said fiat money would spiral out of control

Attached: bitcoin-860x430[1].jpg (860x430, 79K)

>And he wasn't a nationalist.
He was

This is not a Leftist board.

>Replies with "hahaha" to your post
>gives idiotic answers to the rest of the points
>tells others they have no arguments

>idiotic answers
an idiot might view them as such, indeed.
stop dancing around and point exactly what it is that you don't agree with.
and "haha(...)" is a perfectly suitable response to such an imbecile remark.

So is me telling you you have mental problems, of which your posts reek of.

still haven't pointed out which parts of my post you have an issue with, except for the one i have already answered.

Alright then you big idiot, define to me civilization in a global society. Let's take Germany for example, since you want to go with Spengler being nationalist. Explain to me what a collapse for Germany would mean; a country that has survived two world wars on the losing end. Also keep in mind, we are living in a modern world, Germany today is a part of a larger collective, losing it's cultural identity and becoming part of something larger, while economically retaining its strengths and standard of life, doesn't count as a collapse. So go for it, explain it to me, but without mentioning race, since of course, that will automatically expose you as a fucking moron.

A thread died for this garbage.

good

You haven’t even read him and you’re parroting what other people said

Marx’s interpretation of history is brainlet-tier compared to Spengler. Ironically, Spengler’s understanding of history is more progressive than Marx’s because he rejects euro-centrism and the European understanding of the world.

I'm not a Spenglerboo but Adorno is a hack and Benjamin even more so. Marx is interesting but flawed despite what all his "Read Marx!" idolaters will tell you.

Why is this thread allowed but all Marx threads get deleted? It’s the same shit. Just make a 1 Marx thread rule instead of sperging and deleting them all, this place just becomes another dumb echo chamber where you can find a bunch of conservative, reactionary and liberal philosophers, but if you make something about Marx it’s deleted because it’s supposed to go to /pol/ or some shit?

Marx threads are never deleted and frequently reach 300 replies.

What a fucking moron

>ignores national debt

It used to be, and discussions were better.

Go away Satan, your time is over.

nice.