Yea Forums Quarterly

Just got my copy and its surprisingly good, pic related is the first short story.

Attached: Charles Friend.jpg (3024x4032, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/03/rat-breeders-meet-the-men-who-spy-on-women-through-their-webcams/
vocaroo.com/i/basedEJGNuIPH3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

damn that was wholesome

Actually Pretty good. Where do i get this quarterly and where do I apply my work

post more
email [email protected]

is this inner Yea Forums? Thanks bud

some based associate professor who used his sabbatical money to start an underground Yea Forums journal. probably the nicest guy I've ever corresponded with. I'm sure other people here who have talked to him would say the same. he's not making a penny from this really, basically gave a bunch of the copies away completely for free

whats the website?

there isn't one

I'm going to post a few of my favorite short ones but not all because I don't want to disrespect the publisher.

Here are some good ones though:

1/4

Attached: a first poem.jpg (3024x4032, 930K)

>2/4

Attached: Losers.jpg (3024x4032, 1.2M)

3/4

Attached: Evocation.jpg (3024x4032, 1.78M)

4/4

Attached: A song.jpg (3024x4032, 1.2M)

I held back from submitting anything because I was worried that it either wasn't going to happen or it was some sort of scam.

Definitely interested in submitting to the next one. Thanks for doing all the compiling based professor.

DAMN!

Wow, boy am I glad I didn't order this crap. I was seriously considering it for a second when user made the thread.

go read joyce oldnigger

The photos in this thread of submitted work are worthy of praise, as is this associate professor. I am tempted to send in my own work on account of his diligence and honesty.

>nicest guy I’ve ever corresponded with
unironically true
gives great feedback and editing without coming off as hateful. really feel comfortable sending him my stuff (and i think my writing is trash)

probably the best piece in the volume

The most surprising thing to me here is the number of anons who have submitted works along with their (supposedly) actual names. I'd be too concerned that being associated with Yea Forums would be a death knell to being published or to any career in academia.

I enjoyed this one It spews PoMo vibes
Yea but i'm pretty sure this work doesn't have a ISBN, also, this is a relatively private quarterly. The next edition is said to have a ISBN and will be on amazon but even then I'm pretty sure it won't be career suicide as the quarterly is relatively professional and as previously stated private and limited.

Okay writing but poor premise. Seems like a waste of time to watch as compared to the actual subversives here. The others are silly as well.
Would have made more since if they were a ratter rather than a "g man".

Example: arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/03/rat-breeders-meet-the-men-who-spy-on-women-through-their-webcams/

Pretty meh. Seems like they really ought to be taking something other than Xanax for their condition. Also just how much Xanax do they have to take that much every day for several months?

Overall significantly better than most of what's posted in the critique thread, so there's that.

since = sense.

I liked this one.
vocaroo.com/i/basedEJGNuIPH3

it isn’t actually associated with lit in anyway, for legal purposes
he’s just asked people on lit

While there isn't any "official" or "authorized" lit publication (including Tundra and Hypersphere if we're talking about legal purposes) the correlation is clear enough, especially given stories that involve greentext.

For me, the closeness between it and Yea Forums is too much to think about being comfortable submitting anything under my own name. But then I have more to lose than many (a modestly successful career in a setting where being associated with Yea Forums would be terminal). Others are in different positions.

Best of luck to everyone involved; I am honestly surprised and impressed this actually happened given the dozens of aborted past attempts.

No different than underground magazines in the 60's/70's. You pick the career or the freedom.

I know for a fact when I submit to the next one I'm using my favorite pseudonym, but to each their own, I guess. You can tell that at least one of the submitters in this edition is pseudonymous as well, if "F. Good" is a real person I'll eat my hat.
When's our publisher friend going to post the PDF? I got my hard copy in the mail yesterday and still need to read it but it'd be nice for those who aren't chosen to have the chance as well.

Loved it. I think the end line of stanza 5 is a misstep and maybe the word "under" in stanza 3, but I genuinely have never enjoyed any of the poetry I've read on the crit threads and am very much into this.

This really is good.

>not including The April Reader and others

Looks great. I remember someone tried to do a newsletter back when I was shitposting here ten years ago, I got a really stupid poem published about a “purple priapic peacock” that I wrote in ten minutes for a laugh. This definitely seems a more serious effort!

I often post music under my real name on Yea Forums (and have posted lyrics here too). The worst that has happened is that someone searched me on Google and saw that I am a fat fuck - who gives a shite? In terms of employment I haven’t said or done anything that I could see posing any risks.

Attached: 7F186D4C-A3B7-447E-8F96-7128E5CD9DFC.jpg (1969x1313, 390K)

I emailed yesterday and still haven't gotten a pdf reeeeeeeeeeee

I think he said on another thread he's traveling in Europe.

Lol I just found my old poem. The Yea Forums newsletter was The April Reader, anyone remember it?

Attached: E2F1C7E2-5BAA-4CEA-A451-4268DD53851D.jpg (1125x1647, 763K)

I know they didn't accept everything because as a test I made several different email accounts and sent in stuff of varying quality and only one was accepted, as expected, but even so not really any standards.

The site and downloads are still available for it.

Shit at least one of us is gonna make it

TAR will mufuckin rise again

Yea Forums will spawn the next great literary movement as it's one of the last true places of expression without repercussion. All of the greats begin as outcasts.

No, it won't.

If you read about the history of little magazines and the underground press it's kind of crazy that we don't have that anymore. We're flooded with 500 literary magazines that have no audience and are all just bland university funded clones of one another where nothing controversial would ever be tolerated. All of them are run by careerists who trade spots to one another to pad their resumes. This single issue posted on Yea Forums has probably gotten more actual readers than 99% of literary magazines. There used to be hundreds of these things being run out of basements and just passed around literary circles. Bukowski crawled out of there and many others got their start in them. We need more littles and fewer resume builders. Every writer should read Bukowski: King of the Underground. Whether you like him or not the change in the literary scene is dramatic and kind of appalling.

>resume builders
Something about this strikes me as anathema in writing or any other art. I can't put my finger on it.

Because it isn't art. The motive is so fucked up. It's a perversion of art, a person who doesn't care about what they're writing and is just trying to shit out enough published pieces that they can have a big list of them to show to potential employers. If you are writing because you like writing it's horrifying.

Yeah, there it is. Commodification of expression.

Does the Yea Forums quarterly accept philosophical essays as well? My friend wrote a pretty decent article on the Hegelian undercurrents of postmodernism, and the Deleuzian influence upon modern economics

Attached: 16D89D00-D4B1-4FE7-AC67-0E290F3ECB14.jpg (500x372, 30K)

>referenced that exact same pulp fiction scene in something I dropped in a crit thread maybe two years ago, mainly just dialogue where I intermittently fixate on talking about food
>just went back and looked at it today
>wrote something completely different, also referencing the scene
>see this by coincidence
Truly based, though then again this has enough references in it that it's not much a coincidence at all really.

I'm curious, but, do people not realize that Mia's quote in this scene was her way of telling Vega that her husband didn't talk with her enough? Not that this is a criticism of the piece in the OP. It fits very well with Charles not being able to tolerate his own loneliness.

shows what you know, unionist

How often does this get distributed? Is it an annual thing?

I'm retarded. "Yea Forums quarterly".