Road-map of philosophy

What is, in your opinion, the ultimate road map of philosophy? Where to start, where to finish, and everything in between.

Attached: 1553891501400.jpg (3564x2097, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IzYqo2hz7-Y
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start is Alpha
End is Omega
And everything in between is the babble of sophistry.

Attached: 1567802366982.jpg (1242x1250, 108K)

If someone on Yea Forums wanted to be really based they would create a flow chart of philosophy starting from the Greeks that directs you down paths towards certain schools of thought based on how you feel about what you just read

you start wherever tf you want, and finish wherever tf you want.

>Where to start
With the Greeks.

>where to finish
>finish
No such thing.

This, ‘start with the greeks’ is a meme answer

Although I’m currently reading the Greeks because I was told to by lit

This is easy.
Plato leads to a dwindling number of Platonic thinkers.
Aristotle leads to ASS.

I second this.

Ok so post the chart explaining that.

ayy i got that painting in my room

the original btw not a print

Philosophy is inherently discussion. You are only going to get as far as you can by passing ideas back and forth, in real time, the topics the pace the articulation, all of that is inherent to the legacy of philosophy and yet something you can never get from a book. Hence why people come here and worship this place. It’s honest discussion. The only thing better than this place is a discussion with someone you love and plan to spend your life with, because the topics and fruition of your discussions have a direct effect on the improvements of your understanding of what you think you’ve learned, your own thinking and that of your partners, and therefore your life together. After awhile you can sit down and have a conversation with them and cover the entire history of the world, their world, by the hints of keywords, name dropping, you know exactly what they mean, being engaged in sophisticated conversations is one of the greatest pleasure in life and it’s what truly is and always been what philosophy proper is all about. I’d go so far to say that there is nothing more holier than that space of pure discussion with your lover. To lay bare in love as pure beings engaged in high level thinking, that’s teal intimacy. And then slowly taking off your clothes, and talking that body language, and so sophisticated

I just did.
But here's another.

Attached: Socrates Contra Nietzsche.jpg (749x692, 206K)

Should have left out the gaynigger shit at the end
youtu.be/IzYqo2hz7-Y

>the ultimate road map of philosophy
>Where to start, where to finish, and everything in between

It ends with the word made flesh in love

Sounds like female worship.
Catholic?

Here's an overdose

Attached: 65e4143068a2f09029176a4a84190f27.jpg (900x6474, 987K)

It’s the truth

That's actually pretty good, would be neat to see someone make this into a web app where you could click on the philosophers to see their major works or just be directed over to the Stanford thing.

Why isn’t this called “the history of western philosophy” as would be most appropriate.

History of western academic philosophy*

This is better

Attached: youll never catch me stupid tortoise.jpg (2259x1500, 1.93M)

>web app
You need to be a non-ZBoomber to post here.

>Greeks
>Western
user

Attached: _98493925_lola1.jpg (976x549, 94K)

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

Philosophy isn't linear. You pick an idea (e.g. Transcendental idealism), read the primary of the idea (being Kant) then follow the path of interpretations of that idea. When you finish, you pick another idea.

why were there so many greek philosophers?

Attached: 1531780850882.jpg (660x495, 53K)

Because it just so happens that amount the many places the Aryans traveled, one was Athens which was one of the first democratic states and their reverence for story/poetry became tied to philosophy with Plato and that tradition survived and flourished because of his student Aristotle, and was spread across the known world because he was tutor to Alexander the Great

Here you go OP. Fuck the Greeks.

Attached: God's_Debris.jpg (269x371, 18K)

>creator of Dilbert

XD