The foreword contains plot spoilers

>the foreword contains plot spoilers

Why would anyone do this? Why would anyone allow this to be printed? Now I'm starting the whole book pissed off.

Attached: 8eWvlAO.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

>reading for the plot
who does that lol

then why are you reading fiction, pseud?

They only do this for books with stories so famous it's not considered spoilers anymore. It's your own fault for not being aware of our culture.

It's my fault for reading foreign literature then.

Some have the courtesy of warning you. Never read intros before the actual book, though.

Attached: 20190914_101238.jpg (1152x460, 268K)

Attached: 20190914_101309.jpg (1152x411, 299K)

I only know Penguin Classics do this. What other "classics" publishers do this?

>caring about spoilers
It's not an anime, retard

have either of you ever actually enjoyed a book?

Those type of forwards exist because of US copyright law and because there's nothing else to talk about beside what actually happens in the book. In order to copyright a book that's in the public domain you have to add something to it, like a generic essay in the beginning.

Intellectually, yes. If you read to enjoy in any other capacity however, I am mildly sorry to tell you that you are in fact a midwit, and you do not belong on Yea Forums.

First image is from Penguin (Jane Eyre), second image is from Oxford (War and Peace).

What a horrific approach to life in general, honestly.

Midwit.

Spoken like sophomore year undergrad pseud.

Oh I'll let you call me a pseud. once you've read anything that I haven't.

post your writing

My God is Jane Eyre tiresome.

The Coomer
He is Cooming
Ah
AH.
The Coomer has Coom

it happened in lolita but it was very well made.

Pretty much this. We should follow this advice.

i tried imagining being you and i felt like killing myself.

A foreword should be a useful refresher of historical context, both for the story and the author, to help one enjoy the book as one reads it. It should not contain plot spoilers, or even a plot summary.