Jim Morrison Thread

So we will really left last poet of our times like that?

What is your opinion on Jim Morrison, his work, his Nietzschean tragic life, and his role in The Doors?

Attached: Dionizos.gif (500x500, 993K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xMRpYtAhGAo
youtu.be/NFSW1yzz-N0
youtu.be/zaPAkYVcXPw
youtube.com/watch?v=nhl5OU7MahQ
youtu.be/axePr_RLS0o
youtube.com/watch?v=DW_seP5h6uc
youtube.com/watch?v=SEpSFOibJho
youtu.be/QO1MdbQQv28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've never read his poetry but from what I know he has some cool lines. Sadly he's a pseud magnet and attracts faggots like Bolaño.

>I am the lizard king
>I can do anything
the greatest poet since Dr. Seuss

The absolute truth about Jim Morrison is this, OP: dying young was the best career move he ever made.

has a nice commentary about Blake
don't remember where though

"Some Born Born to Sweet Savage / Some Born Born to Sweet Savour / Some Born Born to Endless Night"

I love the Doors but honestly his words are best utilized through music. They fall rather flat when on paper.

fucking this. I like The Doors but he would have lost steam fast, Morisson wasn't a Leonhard Cohen or Bob Dylan.

I like his music.

Haven’t read his solo work.

Too much of a junkie to function but a good artist.

Attached: DEBFE8FA-8363-4C84-A524-9E951E670DE4.gif (500x281, 966K)

This. As much as I love Jim and The Doors I have to admit that his work judged as poetry alone is bland at best.

Hard to say, he certainly got to tolerable quicker than Bob, he may very well quite the party life and put in the time if he lived.

Personally I suspect they would have gotten fairly big and followed the trends, but that might just be because I like to think of them going disco.

He wasn't talented. His music is boring and dull. Just a subversive, washed-up drug addict. Deserved the death he got. The Doors and all music from the time period is disgusting and worthy of nothing but destruction.

What music do you think is good?

Music of that era is very good.

He is an obvious baiter

>He wasn't talented. His music is boring and dull. Just a subversive, washed-up drug addict. Deserved the death he got. The Doors and all music from the time period is disgusting and worthy of nothing but destruction.

Attached: pobrane (1).png (644x800, 15K)

Bro.. psst.. you can't escape your Death. The future's uncertain and the End Is always near

besides lyrics he has a short commentary on blake's marriage of heaven and hell

doors' first and last discs are really good mostly because of manzarek though

The 60s were degenerate and the music was subversive and purposefully ugly, also heavily negrified. I like European folk music mostly, especially Mediterranean stuff. Some Celtic and Anglo folk is interesting as well. I listen to newer music as well, but I wouldn't overly praise its virtues, just like Jim Morrison, for all he was worth, shouldn't be overpraised, even if you do like his stuff. I'll drop three songs that more or less sum up my musical tastes:

youtu.be/xMRpYtAhGAo
youtu.be/NFSW1yzz-N0
youtu.be/zaPAkYVcXPw

The people who like the Doors are usually liberal basedwojaks like your pic related. So yeah, ironic.

Okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=nhl5OU7MahQ

Crystal Ship is shit

A favorite between the ages of 14 and 16, but no longer. Essentially a writer for very young people. Romantic in the large sense.

soft parade jim is best jim
youtu.be/axePr_RLS0o

god tier frontman but overrated as a lyricist
not that his lyrics are shit, they’re quite good for music, but he’s not some masterful rock-poet or something

I actually likes your music, and The Doors either. But it's not allowing you to put all 60-70s music into the same trash. Jim Morrison was actually very inteligent and against the hippie era. He dropped acid in his young ages few times (like literally everyone in his times) and only drink a lot of alcohol (what is legally accepted) because he was could be molested in his childhood.

I think there was good music in the 60s and 70s, just not much in America. Brazil at that time, however, was killing it.

>drunken mess jim is best jim
you're probably right

He was mediocre as a poet. What he really got was one of the most beautiful faces in recorded (photography and fim) history. If it wasn’t for his great looks he wouldn’t have not even half the fame he enjoys.

>Brazil at that time, however, was killing it.
this
youtube.com/watch?v=DW_seP5h6uc

If you are going to push Brazil on this thread you should at least bother to target the Doors crowd it is directed at.

youtube.com/watch?v=SEpSFOibJho

I think a lot of the Brazilian stuff is good, but also think a lot of it follows a very fixed style with not too much variance. American stuff from the 60’s is much more stylistically diverse and, while much of it is middle-of-the-road bad, there remain quite a few artists that will likely stand the test of time — for example, Dylan, the Grateful Dead, The Beach Boys, and the Velvet Underground. If you’re a jazz fan (I’m not, but still) the American performers of that time are head and shoulders above everyone else in the world, Brazil included.

Is it true that he really didn't really have any interests in music? Before being in one of the most icon bands of all time.

Os Mutantes aren’t pure “Brazilian” music though. They seem heavily influenced by The Rolling Stones and you can definitely also hear strains of Jamaican ska and groups like Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs in their stuff.

>but also think a lot of it follows a very fixed style with not too much variance
It is very diverse, you only get a small selection seeping out into the world, you must dig into the culture if you want that variety.

Neither is Chico, heavily rooted in bossa nova which is rooted in jazz and samba. Jazz being a growth of African and Western ideas and samba being a mix of Brazilian, Spanish/Portuguese and African.

holy shit i just finished watching the doors (1991) and was going to make a thread about him and what do i see?

>the doors (1991)
Watch "When You're Strange". The 1991 film was sensationalized and none of the Doors liked it.

He's a maggot. Read Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon

TRUE SAILING IS DEAD

when i said brazil was killing it, i was talking about stuff like this. this is infinitely better than the doors and any american band at the time

youtu.be/QO1MdbQQv28

Leopard on my left, cobra on my right

was he as pretentious and faggy as the movie suggests?

>COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE
>THIS IS THE END OLD FRIEND, THE END
yeah, I'm thinking he was Shakespeare incarnate.

this

his dad started the vietnam war fuck off lefty

>it's good because it's edgy

Attached: 1506961894202.png (476x477, 258K)

check for hypertension dude

According to the dude who wrote Jimi Hendrix's biography, Morrison was an absolute pretentious cunt.
I loved the Doors when I was 16, but I have thoroughly killed the band and can't listen to them anymore.

>According to the dude who wrote Jimi Hendrix's biography
All that proves is he and Morrison did not get along. Morrison always just seemed like your standard drunk too me, not really pretentious or a cunt, just a drunk.

People tend to criticize his tone and overall lyricism contrasting the instrumentals featured in the background. I haven't reviewed any of his written works. But from his music, I might as well reward myself in looking into to this.

"Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to the endless night
End of the night, end of the night
End of the night, end of the night"

Proceeds to name 2 memebers of the protected community.
>huuurr duuurr not good like those that lasted
they lasted because their group pushed their name in the music bussiness. Art is dishonest nowadays.

the end is the best song ever written

cohen was actually good, and a good poet too