What's the most simple form of Christianity to adopt for a brainlet/sinner?

What's the most simple form of Christianity to adopt for a brainlet/sinner?
Who are the good writers/theologians?

I find it hard to recall long arguments using lawyer-speak.
I'm not too interested in complex exegesis. I just want a simple practice and simple concepts to purify my soul, be joyful and avoid hell.

Cheers friends

Attached: DhjNpr-VMAAE_bt.jpg (1024x846, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sunnah.com/muslim/45/152
sunnah.com/muslim/53/32
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: download (7).jpg (183x275, 6K)

Guenon is a good example of someone I've read, but I can't recall very well or get much use out of after I've finished reading him.

On the other hand, something like pic related has been much more useful for me.

Attached: way of the pilgrim.jpg (177x284, 16K)

Islam

Catholic
Read Imitation of Christ

Christianity won't save you from hell.

Attached: 283.jpg (768x768, 65K)

on the contrary, Christ alone can save one from hell, him having descended there and returned from the grave himself

Attached: 1566778579323.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Sorry.
I'm very convinced that if I can be saved it's only through Christ's mercy and power. He showed me the Way and the Truth when I was lost. He turned me from atheism and selfishness towards the Father.

Someone like Allah would never save me. Muhammad did not speak to me or guide me in this life.
Maybe for you God has another plan...

Attached: 7b8297ae938c5eb2d8f093a367733b44.jpg (564x764, 136K)

The one that preaches the true Gospel message.

Attached: baptist vs papist.jpg (1024x864, 132K)

Islam isn't about having a relationship with a man; that's not true religion. It's about a direct relationship with God, one of submission to Him without any intermediaries or partners. Nothing else will benefit you in the hereafter.

Christ lead me to Christianity not Islam. Why would I betray him?

Also from what I understand of Allah he is not immanent or omnipresent in creation, he does not touch man or speak to man directly, he is totally transcendent and detached from creation, and even in the afterlife you will never get closer to him...
I would never know if I'm even relating to Allah or worshiping him, since he is so cut-off from man, being basically impersonal.

Or how about this, you're both fucking idiots

what do you propose?

That you're both wrong and that all this religion shit is cope

>Wheresoever you turn, there is the Face of God. God is All-Encompassing.
Qur'an 2:115

>They are in doubt regarding the meeting with their Lord. Behold! Truly He encompasses all things.
Qur'an 41:54

>We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.
Qur'an 50:16

Those refer to his knowledge not his ontology/Actual presence.

He knows you, his knowledge of you is nearer to you than you're jugular, but he is not inside you or close to you at all.
While in Christianity we are made in God's image, he talks to us and our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. He is ontologically near us.

>Those refer to his knowledge not his ontology/Actual presence.
That's debatable.

>in Christianity we are made in God's image
Islam has this concept as well.

>When any one of you fights with his brother, he should avoid his face for Allah created Adam in His own image.
sunnah.com/muslim/45/152

>Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His image
sunnah.com/muslim/53/32

Attached: Judaism 1.png (1318x1170, 572K)

Neither will reliance on the schizoid hallucinations of the paedo-prophet Muhammed, despair and suffering be upon him...

Attached: 1568212465935.jpg (1920x2560, 896K)

>a star indicates yet another new prophet and an addition of new holy books

>no star for essenes
>no star for pauline
>no star for gnostic
>no star for cathar
>no star for ahmaddiya

Moreover, Sufism does not spring from Sunnism. It springs from Islam itself. This chart is bad.

Nah. Atheist worldview makes no sense and can't justify itself or justify the use of reason/ logic or moral truths, let alone purpose and meaning.

>diagnosing historical figures with mental illnesses

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

Prophet Muhammed (despair and suffering be upon him) was suffering from audiovisual hallucinations due to remnant bicameralism...

Nice numbers! So you think a child rapist who heared voices in his head and created a cult of killers could not reasonably considered crazy? Muhammed, pain and despair be upon him, was Charlie Manson writ large, only with no cops to stop him.

Attached: 6345182679802317.png (1652x1162, 303K)

Read the Gospel and do what it says.

>NOOOO, you can't just submit to Allah (Glorious and Exalted), His Prophet (peace be upon him) was evil, he was renowned for his beauty and charisma and conquered his enemies,founded and empire, had multiple wives (one was a CHILD!) and he had slaves and was homophobic!

Attached: 1554645348243.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>having to turn to a religion to save you from the pointlessness of life

Hows being deluded going for you?

>makes no sense
>just says this doesn't explain why

Ill take that it's likely there's something out there we cannot comprehend but I highly doubt it's some god we created solely because we feared the unknown

>having to go to hell to save you from regimentation

How's hedonism going for you?

>not lying to myself means I'm hedonistic.

Take any look at history and see what many religion were used for. Hell was created to play on people's fear and control them.

The explanation is right there. Atheism can't justify itself or things essential to our lives (reason,laws of logic, morality, purpose, meaning, etc) it's a baseless worldview with no foundation.

Which is why I'm Agonostic, not atheist. Nothing you can say will prove your specific god is real.

Atheistic materialism by contrast has no ideological basis?

Attached: 13t5kz.jpg (500x902, 134K)

You retards are sure quick to label who disagree with you huh?

Same problem.

You're agnostic so you don't know what is real and what isn't. Keep seeking.

I'm willing to read religious texts but that doesn't mean Ill be convinced. There's no true way to know anything till you die

You can't say what is knowable or not in this life, you're agnostic, you don't know what is real or what isn't yet. Keep seeking.

>hurr durr holy grail
Sure thing, I'll stumble down decades old midwit paths for the sake of some pleb's religious assurances.

>For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
>These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

This, its simple.
Read it multiple times if needed