//CAN I GET AN AMEN//

Can current American Evangelism even be considered as a part of Christian Faith? It seems more like a cult of Mammon than anything. Also post good books on Televangelism, Megachurches, etc.

Attached: Lakewood_worship.jpg (2048x1362, 884K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digg.com/2017/joel-osteen-megachurch-harvey-victims
youtu.be/UuzaujJiVv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America is the natural apotheosis of Christianity, its return to the desert.

They are heretics.
Most authentic christianity is found in the Eastern Church.

Attached: rose.jpg (640x640, 89K)

Its true, Baudrillard saliently said that "America became a Utopia from the moment it was created.", there is no need for a Kingdom of Heaven achieved through restraint and piousness if you're already living in it.

no desert in Palestine

No it's a cult true and true

No, they are bible-worshipping personality cults. Please avoid at all costs.

It's a cult. I'm also fascinated by it and Mormonism.
Notice how almost all of those people in that picture are obese.

That's not obese. It's average American healthy weight.

You can take the Christian out of the desert but you can't take the desert out of the Christian.

Attached: sandniggers.jpg (2550x1722, 1.73M)

Fake af, lived through the Brit imitation of this mega church bullshit and it’s nearly entirely populated by people who only believe in a god that gives them nice stuff

>the universe has a plan for me
>god has a plan for me

Same thing

I actually consider Mormons to be more Christian than most other protestants because at least they have some pretension towards being apostolic and so they can be reconciled with the early Church history and the fathers who clearly believed in apostolic succession. Evangelicals are guilty of culpable ignorance or maybe they do know better but they reject it anyways which would make them as close to demonic as humans be.

Criticism of megachurches is a red herring utilized by dying churches to distract attention away from themselves; a vast majority of megachurches are totally orthodox and differ little from parishes.

Attached: 1540939982194.jpg (492x449, 48K)

what about their merchandising of faith and prosperity gospel? I think all Protestantism is inherently cursed but surely this is a particular trait of megachurches?

I'm actually not very familiar with "prosperity theology" but nearly every accusation against Osteen has fell through when it became insanely popular to bash him, "merchandising the faith" isn't exclusive to protestantism either, almost all Catholic and Orthodox businesses make a yearly donation to the Church from the revenues made from religious goods.

That’s an absolutely beautiful venue, reminds me of the Berlin Philharmonic. I assume it is one of these “megachurches”?

A donation isn't merchandise. I'm talking about trinkets, t-shirts, key chains and other items with crosses plastered on them sold for a profit. The Catholic Church, for its many many faults, actually gives back to its followers in cultural and artistic prowess, televangelists do not, since they have nothing to offer aside from cheap talk.

The Lakewood Church in Houston, the biggest of its kind in America. Gained some infamy when its evangelical pastor refused to have it used as a shelter for displaced Houstonians during the floodings last year. A true man of God.

The Catholic Church was the original corporation, and the modern period is simply the quantitative easing of all its bailouts, derivative creation, and corrupt insider trading. Materialism is little more than the spiritual monotony of an endless rosary - a soul debt repackaging God into some idol of the future. A debt so massive that it can never be repaid.
The Protestants merely attempted a cancellation of the debt. The problem is not the petrodollar or the gold standard, but usury itself - particularly of the theological and mythic type. And in this we can see the Orthodox as the Luddites of the spirit, hence the self-condemnation to a myth of unveiling and unending moralism.
If one cannot weave oneself into the age then it will be turned into a tool, or torn out to be made into new thread. Christianity was itself a transitional phase, not a religion, and certainly not a theology of the heavens. It was an urn burial and theft of everything left on earth of a divine quality, the idols it smashed an attempt to exit into some black pool of misanthropy and misotheism - living on in the muck and tar, what it imagined to be the blood of other gods.
Thus the humanist phase is a return of Christianity against time into religion, its apprehension of its very being. It no longer needs to unveil, as material warfare has automated this purpose of dead religions.

Attached: gibbon6228.jpg (698x720, 469K)

It's Christianity™. Rock show Christianity, flashy faith, a cheap shortcut to the ostentation and high style of Catholicism.

Funnily enough Anglicanism originally made huge strides against "merchandising the faith", every Church was required to have a vernacular Bible open for public reading, mandatory "optional" donations were removed, etc.

based and romepilled

Attached: rome_2.png (2678x1152, 3.11M)

>Gained some infamy when its evangelical pastor refused to have it used as a shelter for displaced Houstonians during the floodings last year.
Actually that turned out to be completely fake, Lakewood Church was in an area hit hardest and the entire place was so flooded it required multiple days of pumping out water with massive industrial strength pumps until you could even enter the building.

Attached: 1549501356216.jpg (600x730, 83K)

"In the arm of the gods I grew to manhood."

People forget what happened at the superdome when hurricane Katrina hit, imagine what would've happened if a hundred thousand people descended on a flooded church with zero supplies.

digg.com/2017/joel-osteen-megachurch-harvey-victims

He claimed it was flooded, photographic evidence proved the area around the Church had been almost untouched by the Hurricane, Osteen then removed the statement, said he would open once all other shelters were filled and then finally gave in to criticism and opened the completely dry Church to those in need. Your news is the fake news, friend

>completely dry Church

Attached: 1563421328313.jpg (720x960, 50K)

>Charles Clymer
This is a interesting crossover event.

Attached: 1545017202753.jpg (194x259, 13K)

I said it was dry when they let in displaced people, which it obviously was.

Decently no, they look like people who think the Eucharist is methaphorical

Did someone say crossover?
youtu.be/UuzaujJiVv8