How the hell is Nietzsche taken seriously...

How the hell is Nietzsche taken seriously? It seems the only people outside of stubborn academics who like him are those who haven't actually read him, who've only seen snippets here and there, who see a quote and think, 'I like this,' and just take it; but anyone who looks to him seriously to see if there's anything of worth, they find nothing. He realizes the problems with nihilism, yet he offers no real solution beyond mere conjecture. His work sounds good if you're already an atheist but no intelligent religious person could ever be convinced by it. God's certainly not dead, so his work deals with the totally imaginary implications of a society where God's existence is the assumption having somehow come to the consensus that God does not exist. As much as I despise New Atheists, at least they actually try to make logical arguments against God, like 'but there's no empirical evidence'—even that nonsense is preferable to Nietzsche's aphoristic feel-good bullshit—and as much as I also despise Stirner, at least he realizes that no amount of cope will save you from nihilism once you've rejected religion and just embraces it.

Attached: 1461410041132.jpg (1276x1357, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JOkQJm_UGM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thanks user, very cool.

Are you the same user that made the earlier thread about Nietzsche? Why are christcucks so obsessed with him? Could it be that he had a point?

I didn't make either of the threads about him

Yes you did. I know because I backtraced the IP.

>...who see a quote and think, 'I like this,' and just take it
This is ok
>...but anyone who looks to him seriously to see if there's anything of worth, they find nothing
That's evidently not true
>He realizes the problems with nihilism, yet he offers no real solution beyond mere conjecture
That's life
>His work sounds good if you're already an atheist but no intelligent religious person could ever be convinced by it.
I suppose he did not write his books to convert intelligent religious persons. He wrote for the few free spirits, as he states many times in his books.

>God is dead
all this means is that the religious underpinnings of society have collapsed and people need to find a new meaning because of this. Now we have science and philosophy it's not possible to make arguments for a Jewish carpenter who walked on water and raised the dead and who is three people but one person. When the church had a monopoly on knowledge they could do this stuff, but nowadays this would be rightly scoffed at and laughed out of the room. As such, the whole religious metanarrative has collapsed and people are left without meaning. Nietzsches philosophy can be summed up as "find your own meaning" and "be yourself".

>yet he offers no real solution beyond mere autism
ftfy

>Now we have science and philosophy it's not possible to make arguments for a Jewish carpenter who walked on water and raised the dead and who is three people but one person
Except it is Because It's the truth, however flippantly you put it.

>science
>truth

Attached: zizek_4.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Good, truthful and down-to-Earth post. The edgy philosophy undergrads on Yea Forums need to be reminded of this more often.

Fucking Idiot. Your description of Nietzsches work as if he tries to convert theists to atheists is telling. I am a theist. I would describe myself as a practicing Muslim and I found the arguments of Nietzsche quite compelling. I also have the feeling that he describes things I've always had similar intuitions to. Nietzsche tries to get the point across that ideologies that are based in resentment are not able to function without it. They are bitter world-explainations of people who see the world and life as fundamentally broken. This is not an anti-theistic argument. You stupid fuck go read again and stop spewing your new atheist bullshit. You dirty piece of shit I hope somebody decapitates you, you fucking idiot. But I hope it's a sharp knife, because I am not a bitter resentment driven theist, you stupid piece of shit

>You dirty piece of shit I hope somebody decapitates you, you fucking idiot. But I hope it's a sharp knife, because I am not a bitter resentment driven theist, you stupid piece of shit
What crawled up your ass and died?

Yur mum

>Your description of Nietzsches work as if he tries to convert theists to atheists is telling.
The fact that his arguments against religion only work if you're already an atheist just shows how bad they are.

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

>God's certainly not dead,
Maybe in the mid-east.

Shitposts on lit
Doesn't get irony
GTFO to reddit

Agreed. God i sgood. alsi h ave 160IQ

Why do anime girls like big N?

Attached: junna quotes 1.png (1320x1410, 1.28M)

Where to start with neitzsche?

morelike niet shitpoop am i rit

You are not actually formulating a critique. There is no substance. What exactly is your point? That christianity is still today as popular and influential as 200-300 years ago? That Nietzsche isn't convincing to a Christian? I do not understand. At least he was for me a reason to move away from Christianity. He has many apt critiques of christian thought and practices.

OP literally explained why his critiques are invalid, you double digit IQ subhuman.

>he thinks "god is dead" means god of christianity
Oh boy

>he thinks "god is dead" means true God, not god of christianity
Oh boy..

It doesn't mean that either you brainlet

Name a genius theist from the past century

Nietzsche

People that refuse meaning, purpose or morals without sky daddy deserves to be held up against an Oak tree stripped naked, raped violently and then shot in the neck. Disgusting slave.

William James
Whitehead
Godel

Godel was mentally ill, severely paranoid that he was being poisoned, refused to eat and died from it. James was a pantheist. Whitehead was second fiddle to Russell, and proposed crackpot alternative to relativity, his ontology is dry and useless.

>Godel was mentally ill
not an argument

>James was a pantheist
so?

>Whitehead was second fiddle to Russell, and proposed crackpot alternative to relativity, his ontology is dry and useless.
not an argument

so one was fucked in the head and the other 2 weren't really theists

>so one was fucked in the head
literally doesn't prove anything

>the other 2 weren't really theists
except they literally were. pantheism is theism. it's literally in the name.

Wittgenstein

he was atheist dumbass
their "God" is a lot more like panpsychism and a lot less like YHWH

I never mentioned a specific God.

Spinoza was called out as an atheist for good reason. You've got 2 Spinozists and one nutcase.

>he was atheist dumbass
Nope

>God is certainly not de-
youtu.be/JOkQJm_UGM4

>its another religious thread about nietzsche
>"he offers no real solution beyond mere conjecture"
yeah alright

Nietzsche is the only great man's philosopher. There is no one else who competently formulated a complete, robust philosophy for understanding the great man in history or for culling greatness from one's surroundings, and no one else whose philosophy is as potent of antidote against Plato and Christianity as his.

Have you read his later works—Twilight of the Idols, The Antichrist, The Will to Power? If not, you aren't aware of his most advanced ideas.

Attached: 20140301_015337+%5BC%5D.png (1360x736, 519K)

The problem with Nietzsche is not that he offer no solution to nihilism, but that he is wrong about almost everything and a dilettante. There is a reason why he is mostly studied in literature/art departments. His "philosophy" is catnip for imbeciles.

>he is wrong about almost everything and a dilettante.
Is that why the sciences have been slowly aligning with his theories and his predictions regarding the future state of the West came true?

Nietzsche was a product of his time. The only reason why he seems to make sense at times is because the 19th century was already so much like the 20th, which in turn is so much like the 21st. Little of substance has changed in social terms.
Technological advancement has masked the stagnation in the social sphere.

> the sciences have been slowly aligning with his theories
They haven't.

I mean, you're an idiot for trying to read Nietzsche as a philosopher who has any interest at all in arguing about God's existence. He states multiple times in every book he ever published that he has no interest whatsoever in engaging with people who don't already acknowledge the premises his entire philosophy is built on.

If you read him, you clearly totally ignored that and are now annoyed that he didn't write his book for people who still believe in God.

>relativity, quantum mechanics
They are.

>Nietzsche predicted quantum mechanics
Now you're just swinging for the fences.

You not reading Will to Power isn't anyone's problem but yours. William Plank even wrote a book already on how Nietzsche was preconceiving the notions behind these theories.

Nietzche was not meant for people that think like you. Stop trying to understand and go live an ordinary life like your God commands.

>William Plank
>(Author of The Quantum Nietzsche)
Right, another crackpot.

Like, this is on the same level of crackpottery as "Buddhism preconceived quantum mechanics" or similar New Age rubbish. You're grasping at straws. Nietzsche was an innumerate idiot much like this Billy Plank. He didn't preconceive anything.

Regardless of the quality of the book, there's already scholars forming the connection, because it's fucking there, and that's all there is to it.

Yeh yeh, "scholars" doing a self-Rorschach test on Nietzsche's work.

>Why are xfags so obsessed y? Could it be that y had a point?
This has never been a good argument for anything

Hello, William.

Has more credibility than some user who couldn't tell me how will to power works if his life depended on it.

You misinterpret Nietzsche. He's asserting that Christians and Platonists are nihilists because their ideas of "pure good" or "pure evil" aren't part of reality. He also criticizes philosophers for so readily accepting that binary opposites exist. He's saying that life IS invention; it's up to you to decide whether you're creative and confident enough to invent your own way of living instead of going through the motions. He's all about risk; he embraces uncertainty and asserts that anyone who claims to know something with certainty is a nihilist. He's saying that EVERYTHING is ultimately conjecture so it's preferable to discard the conjectures of others, especially "bad myths" (myths that are intended to force a certain way of living i.e be good or burn in hell eternally), because why would you be a cuck and follow someone else's ideology?

>credibility
bwahahahahaha

You're really dumb. First Nietzsche loved the aphoristic style so a lot of his quotes dont even have a context.

Second he was not trying to argue against god. He 100% could not care less of you personally believe in God or not. The concept of the death of God was about the society as a whole no longer grounding itself off religious christian principles. Individual people might still believe but society as a whole was turning agnostic. The west that created the 30 years war could never come about again and Nietzsche foresaw a future in which most of Europe was atheist and no longer had any grand idea to base their society on. Of course this leads to nihilism. The solution is to find a new mythology and grand narrative to base the society of the future on. Nietzsche proposed the myth of the overman but apparently our society has created a christianity 2.0 based on social justice and altruism.

Attached: 902.jpg (677x478, 53K)